It's Official... Fort in June 2017/ June TR thread

Paul, for the sewer hose on my TT I added a 6 inch PVC pipe capped at both ends with the screw in type caps and it is lashed with 550 cord to the bumper. Spare still functions correctly. But like you, would also like a better solution for my fresh water hoses, have not found one I liked yet.

For my "Water Hose" I am thinking of something like a "Rim" that is mounted like my Spare (and perhaps next to it) with a cover. I take the cover off and I can unwrap the hose. Haven't quite worked it all out yet and I don't want something that is going to add too much weight (or cost)... Just tossing a few ideas around.

I have considered the PVC option for my sewer hose. I am thinking of mounting underneath the TT near the tank dump valve. Do you think I could get by with a 4" PVC?

I have a plastic tote with a lockable lid that I put the sewer hose in and stick it in the side basement. I don't have any place else to put it and the hose I use is too big to slide inside the bumper like I did on the old trailer. Here's a pic of what I did with the water hose. I picked these up at Lowes. They have a bunch of different attachments that click on the rail. The hook closest to the door is for the 50 amp cord.

20160130_151251_zpsnyqqrvei.JPG

j

Teamubr, we like your hose hanging configuration. Was it easy to find the stud to screw in the long panel holds the bracket for the hose? It looks like these bracket slide on a track? I would love that for our power cord when traveling, as well. Thanks for sharing. Barb

Was it easy to find the stud to screw in the long panel holds the bracket for the hose? It looks like these bracket slide on a track? I would love that for our power cord when traveling, as well.
There is a steel wall behind the panel in the pic. I just used metal self taping screws. I have a basket for balls, gloves, frisbees and things mounted on the other side on the back wall. That one I had to hit the aluminum studs. The panel was flexible enough that I could tell where the studs were.
The hooks, brackets, holders or whatever else you can clip on the rail will slide, but they just unclip when you lift up on them. Pretty easy.

j

Thats a pretty good idea there Jim. Wish my bumper pull had a big enough storage area to utilize something like that.

Thats a pretty good idea there Jim. Wish my bumper pull had a big enough storage area to utilize something like that.
That was my thought. My TT doesn't really have a "Basement" so much as it has a "Cubby" That's part of my problem. While the storage does go from all the way through, the opening is small enough that almost anything I put in there blocks the opening enough that I have to pull whatever is in front to get stuff out from the middle.. On the driver's side is my "Lumbar Yard" of blocks and supports for leveling the TT as well as the (almost useless) crank for the stabilizers (Solid piece... No wobble on the end.... What were they thinking??? :rolleyes:)

I also have 2 water hoses (just in case) and a 30 AMP "Extension" cord that I keep in there. On the other side is carpet and misc outside supplies/decorations and grill supplies. Folding Chairs in the middle by the hoses and extension cord. This is my challenge. Plus, I'd just like to keep the hose "OUTSIDE" the TT because you never get all the water out and I don't want it rolling around INSIDE my storage area.

Anyway. I still love the idea you have Jim. At least that would minimize the "Spillage" of water that could remain in the hose as well as keeping access to it simple and organized.

At least that would minimize the "Spillage" of water that could remain in the hose as well as keeping access to it simple and organized.

We screw the 2 ends of the hose together so the water doesn't spill out. As soon as we get home we open it and hang it up by the middle to dry out before being put away.

Hey Peg,

In place of the stabilizer tool I use my cordless impact. I carry it primarily just in case I need to change a tire and it works great on the stabilizers.

Hey Peg,

In place of the stabilizer tool I use my cordless impact. I carry it primarily just in case I need to change a tire and it works great on the stabilizers.
I do too, but I have to remember to bring it with me. I don't have a "Dedicated" one for the TT.

We screw the 2 ends of the hose together so the water doesn't spill out. As soon as we get home we open it and hang it up by the middle to dry out before being put away.

In all fairness.... I do this too (well screwing the ends to together) but the reality is, is that I am "Lazy" in that when I get back home, I don't always take it out and hang/drain it. This is part of the reason I am looking for some sort of "Outside" Hose Reel for the TT that I can "Secure" and "Cover" and not necessarily worry about it. I also don't want to have to "Damage" the TT itself to mount it (at least on the outside). Thinking of getting one of those "Bumper" mounts like for a spare tire.

The amazing part is, is the amount of effort I put into my "Laziness" is probably more than it would take to just do it like you suggest. :D

Wow... Where is the time going.... We leaven in just under 3 weeks (or just over 2 depending on how you want to look at it). I am NO WHERE near ready. Just soooooo much to do. Time is flying by and other issues (not related to camping) just keep popping up. The DW did manage to get her Wardrobe mostly loaded. (I think she has like 20 outfits for our little over week, including travel, trip.)

I still need to flush the systems and make sure there is no issues with them since winterizing. Maybe tonight.... AFTER dd12 gymnastics class... after work/school... before making dinner.... after cleaning up remaining of tree that was cut down last weekend....

Either way... We leave in 16 days...

The excitement (or tension) mounts. :D

Okay.... So I bit the bullet today. I bought a Generator/Inverter.

While I'd love to have one of them "Quiet" Honda's... They are just WAY too much money. The Honda EU200i is $1K and really, it's not enough capacity to run the AC if necessary. The Honda EU3000i is over $2K and still, technically speaking is below capacity (P=I * E with 30 Amp Ratting TT and 120V that means I have a max draw of 3600 Watts.) The EU3000i only Peaks at 3000 Watts and is only rated for 2800 Continuous, when I really wanted to be continuous at or over 3000 Watts.

SO I went with the Champion Power Equipment 100263 3400 Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start which was just over $1K. Rated for 3060 Watts continuous. Has close to Honda in the db Noise category, plus it's DUAL FUEL.
champion-inv-gen.jpg

I didn't want it just for camping but that was a priority for me. Mostly when "Boondocking" to at least COOL the TT down before actually going to sleep.

I guess I will see how well it really does in a couple of weeks.

I have a plastic tote with a lockable lid that I put the sewer hose in and stick it in the side basement. I don't have any place else to put it and the hose I use is too big to slide inside the bumper like I did on the old trailer. Here's a pic of what I did with the water hose. I picked these up at Lowes. They have a bunch of different attachments that click on the rail. The hook closest to the door is for the 50 amp cord.

View attachment 236148

j

That is slick, was looking for something for storage in the pass thru, and I think you hit it out of the park on this one. :cool1:

So the generator showed up yesterday. Wow... Ordered it from Amazon on May 30 (with Free shipping but NOT through Prime) and it arrived on June 1 (about 3:30 PM). I'm impressed.

So I unbox it and start to check it out and get it set up. It needs oil (10w-30) but I don't have any.... So after DW comes home, we have some errands to run. On the way home from them, we stop at the auto parts store so I can get some Oil.

So let me just say, that I have not bought oil in some time. Years ago I used to change the oil in my vehicles my self but now with the newer vehicles, policies about oil spills and disposal, etc... It's just easier (and cheaper) to go to my friendly neighborhood mechanic. After all, 5 quarts of oil (in older car) and a filter would typically run me about $25.00 plus they would rotate tires, lube the car and dispose of the oil... Great deal. I never realized how much of a great deal it is. Of course my current vehicle (F-250) uses about 7 quarts so the price is higher (about $35). So back to me buying some oil for the generator.... WOW!:eek: Sticker Shock... $8/quart and that's NOT the synthetic stuff. OMG! So..... I slid down the rack to the lower end and managed to find some STP for just under $5. Then after 5 hours, I have to change it. So I will put the less expensive oil in for the 5 hour break-in and then get some better oil for the long haul use.

This weekend will find me de-winterizing the TT in preparation for our trip. Making sure everything is working as it should. Flushing the tanks/lines. Loading up some of the stuff that I won't need before we go.

I am excited to go, but I really could use another few weeks to prepare. Wow... can't believe I said that. :D

Sounds good, we have to load our new trailer and sanitize the water system also. Dealership supposedly dewinterized, but just for my piece of mind will do it again. Can't wait for your TR.

but just for my piece of mind will do it again
Yup... That's the way I am too... Although this time, It's a De-Winterize from when I winterized it. Will be much easier too I think. Since I did not use Anti-freeze in the lines. I blew them all out. I hate the "Residue" (taste) the antifreeze leaves behind. At least bleach/chlorine tends to fad fairly quickly.

I need to put the "Plugs" in and do a quick line flush. Make sure there are no leaks... Of course now I have to test the generator out too. Make sure it's fully capable and functional. Just have to figure out how to "Secure" it during travel and/or use I think I need to get some cable and locks just to be safe.

Yup... That's the way I am too... Although this time, It's a De-Winterize from when I winterized it. Will be much easier too I think. Since I did not use Anti-freeze in the lines. I blew them all out. I hate the "Residue" (taste) the antifreeze leaves behind. At least bleach/chlorine tends to fad fairly quickly.

I need to put the "Plugs" in and do a quick line flush. Make sure there are no leaks... Of course now I have to test the generator out too. Make sure it's fully capable and functional. Just have to figure out how to "Secure" it during travel and/or use I think I need to get some cable and locks just to be safe.

Paul,
Lowes has a lock and cable all in one, made by masterlock, used for securing big and bulky items. Just a thought for you.

Thanks Chris... Lowes was going to be the first place I was going to look. I figured if they didn't have something already made that would work, I could purchase cable by the foot and make my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter