It's Time For a Merry PTR! ~ December 2015

princessallison71

Chasing after my new dream
It's Time for a Merry PTR! ~ December 2015

:wave2: Hey there Disboards! Long time no see! :wave2:

You may remember me from some older trip reports, namely Boo To You! An Early Halloween Adventure to WDW or the forever unfinished I Went to WDW and All I Got Was Soaked! It's Fabuloso!

If you've never read these beauties I would highly recommend them, and if by some miracle you read them when they were written in 2013 welcome back! :wave:

Sadly, I no longer have the notes for my second trip report, so I won't be finishing it. BUT... I've suddenly realized how sad my life has been without the Dis, and I've come back! :cool1:

In case we haven't met, I'm Allison, and I'll be your guide for the duration of this PTR.

sdf.jpg

In just 10 days I will be back in Walt Disney World for a 3 day/2 night trip to squeeze in as much Christmas magic as possible with my mom!

If you want to keep up with my shenanigans my Twitter is pagingmr_morrow and my Instagram is allison.wonderrland

That's about it for this update, so I'll catch you on the flip side!

Last edited:
That's a Plan Stan!

We're so glad you stuck around for the second update!
If you're wondering about what we have planned for this magical holiday extravaganza then you came to the right place! :thumbsup2

Let's start out with some basics:

Who's going?

That would be me and my lovely mother!

dfghjk.jpg

Don't worry that wasn't my wheel chair! My dad had surgery and needed it on that trip.
I'm going to save lengthy introductions for the actual trip report, so start looking forward to that!

Where are we staying?

All-Star Movies Resort!

gfds.jpg

We love the All-Star Resorts (most of the time). They're perfect for the trips where you just need a hotel to sleep and shower at, but still want the amenities of a Disney resort! Fun fact: our last stay here was in October of 2014.

Where are we eating? (This is always my favorite question)
Day 1:
  • Dinner - We have a reservation for Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano in Hollywood Studios around 7pm
  • Snacks - I LIVE for DHS snacks. In my ideal world, I'll have room for a red velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls Cafe and a carrot cake cookie from Writer's Stop. This probably wouldn't work out without me going into a food coma in the middle of the street, so we will see what I end up with!
Day 2:
  • Breakfast: I'll end up getting either a cinnamon roll from Gaston's Tavern or a waffle from Sleepy Hollow.
  • Lunch: We are doing the candlelight processional dining package at Via Napoli in Epcot! This means that we'll be putting away an appetizer, entree, and dessert each. SO EXCITED!!:woohoo:
  • Dinner: We each have our own favorite quick service places in Epcot, so I'll probably end up at Lotus Blossom Cafe and my mom will end up at Kringla in Norway. (Can you say school bread?!)
  • Snacks: Frankly, I feel stuffed just from reading about all the food this day, so I'm not too sure my body could handle any extra snacks... I guess we're just going to have to wait and see!
Day 3:
  • Breakfast: Mickey waffles make the world go round, and it would be distinctly unpatriotic if I didn't get these beauties at least once. I'll probably end up at the food court on the hunt for these babies!
  • Lunch: We're going to be resort hopping this day because our annual passes are blacked out starting this day, so we may just hop into the Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe for lunch. We're just winging it.
  • Snacks: I honestly have no clue about the snacks this day! I'm just going to see where the Disney wind takes me!
What are we going to do?

I'm not going into crazy detail here because I think it will be fun to reveal it all in the trip report, but here's what I will tell you: we're going to experience the Candlelight Processional for the first time, we're going to say our sad goodbyes to the Osborne Lights, we're admiring all of the Holiday decorations at the resorts, and we're going to be celebrating me finally finishing this semester!

jhgfds.jpg

Christmas is one of our favorite times to visit Disney, and we're so pumped to squeeze this trip in!
I'm going to be taking my last final on Day 1 and driving straight to Disney to meet my mom, so I am counting down the days to this trip for more than the obvious reasons.

I believe I have covered all of the basics, so I'm going to sign off here!

Up Next: 2 MORE DAYS!

Last edited:
Finally made it over here!!!!! You are going to LOVE Candlelight! And Via Napoli on top of it?! You are going to have such a fun night!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Finally made it over here!!!!! You are going to LOVE Candlelight! And Via Napoli on top of it?! You are going to have such a fun night!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Thanks so much for reading! I cant believe that it's taken us this long to go to Candlelight, and I just can't wait for this little trip!

Hey twin!;) I'm here! It sounds like you and your family are going to have a great trip! I can't wait to read all about it.:goodvibes I have always wanted to go to Disney for Christmas, hopefully one day I'll be able to.
Thanks for the IG name - we should definitely be followers!:thumbsup2

:cool1:2 MORE DAYS! :cool1:

I REPEAT, 2 MORE DAYS! Yes, that's right, there are only 2 days (and 2 pesky finals we aren't going to think about) between me and Disney! Even though this countdown didn't begin very long ago, it seems like it has been FOREVER.

Thinking about the end of this semester and the adventures I'm going to go on in a few days makes me want to cry tears of joy. :worship:

I'm not going to be posting any more information about this particular trip because I want to surprise everyone in the trip report (and I've already shared lots of the important info in previous updates).

If you feel inclined to keep up with me during the trip you can follow me on Twitter at pagingmr_morrow or Snapchat at allison71 or Instagram at allison.wonderrland because I'll be very active on these!

I'm very excited to write this trip report once we get back, and hopefully I'll have it done soon because... (drum roll please)

pixiedust:WE JUST BOOKED THE BEACH CLUB FOR MY BIRTHDAY IN FEBRUARY! pixiedust:

The Yacht Club has been a family favorite recently, and I'm so grateful that I've been able to spend my last 2 birthdays there! However, after seeing pictures of the Beach Club renovations and it being cheaper to stay there than the Yacht Club we are going to be testing it out! Here's the view that we've grown to love.

skm.jpg

You can definitely expect a trip report for that trip too!

Pretty soon I'll be adding the link to the trip report on this thread. I'll start with some day before Disney updates and then I'll get to the good stuff: when we're in WALT DISNEY WORLD!

:tigger:Ta-Ta For Now! :tigger:

Up Next:

Hey twin!;) I'm here! It sounds like you and your family are going to have a great trip! I can't wait to read all about it.:goodvibes I have always wanted to go to Disney for Christmas, hopefully one day I'll be able to.
Thanks for the IG name - we should definitely be followers!:thumbsup2
Thanks for reading twin! :rotfl2:Christmas time in Disney is absolutely amazing, and I just added you too!

Hey! Too funny lol I just posted a response to the beginning of your PTR but I just saw you posted your next update and I had to respond again!:rotfl2::thumbsup2
I REPEAT, 2 MORE DAYS! Yes, that's right, there are only 2 more days (and 2 pesky finals we aren't going to think about)
Girl I feel, I have finals this week. I am so ready to be done with them!:confused3
Thinking about the end of this semester and the adventures I'm going to go on in a few days makes me want to cry tears of joy. :worship:
Oh yeah, I would be the same lol
Instagram at allison.wonderrland because I'll be very active on these!
Just followed you a few minutes ago:thumbsup2 I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts!
pixiedust:WE JUST BOOKED THE BEACH CLUB FOR MY BIRTHDAY IN FEBRUARY! pixiedust:
That is so exciting, I love the BC!!!!!:cool1:

I finished my finals about a week ago, and I'm so relieved! It feels great to not have any stress or homework right now! :banana:

It is a great feeling! Now that I am home from school, I'll be up at night and feel like I need to do HW - but I don't have to! :cool1:
It is so nice that college kids get so much time off for Christmas break - I am just loving it!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter