I've Only Stayed In the Clouds, Will I Be Disappointed By Deluxe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisDreaming4116

DIS Veteran
This isn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular and I mostly post this in jest but come on people. It seems every few days there is a post wondering after only staying at Deluxe resorts, will someone survive staying at a Value resort. That is completely based off personal opinion, what matters to YOU and yours, touring style, transportation likes/dislikes, financial flexibility, dining preferences, etc. How can someone else tell you how you find a trip worthwhile?

The question has been asked a million times so please use the search function to figure out if you will make it through 5 nights at POP Century. There is nothing wrong with people possessing the means to stay Deluxe, people only able to stay Value, people splurging for Moderate, or somewhere in between them all but it just comes across as pretentious.

:-) Until then, happy planning a Walt Disney World vacation and best wishes to you all!

This isn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular and I mostly post this in jest but come on people. It seems every few days there is a post wondering after only staying at Deluxe resorts, will someone survive staying at a Value resort. That is completely based off personal opinion, what matters to YOU and yours, touring style, transportation likes/dislikes, financial flexibility, dining preferences, etc. How can someone else tell you how you find a trip worthwhile?

The question has been asked a million times so please use the search function to figure out if you will make it through 5 nights at POP Century. There is nothing wrong with people possessing the means to stay Deluxe, people only able to stay Value, people splurging for Moderate, or somewhere in between them all but it just comes across as pretentious.

:-) Until then, happy planning a Walt Disney World vacation and best wishes to you all!

I love it when people ask that question. Its value nothing wrong with it but again its value and when Disney states value they mean value just like moderate or deluxe. You are going to get what you pay for on a Disney
scale...:)

I've only slept on beds with diamond-studded headboards, so I'm worried about my upcoming trip at a clean, but overpriced motel room. Will I survive?

Just kidding, when my husband and I were dating we visited Cleveland for a weekend trip and slept in our rental PT Cruiser the first 2 nights, so not much phases me...

I think it's a very valid question for people to post. You are spending a lot of $$, some people don't have a lot of vacation time off work and they want to really know what they are getting into before booking. I dont see why it should bother anyone if someone is worried they may not be happy in a value if they usually stay deluxe or mod.

Having stayed at Deluxe, Moderate and Value, I think it’s funny that people are “spoiled” by the deluxe resorts to the point that they can’t find happiness at a value. Yes, they are deluxe by Disney standards. But anyone who booked a true 5-star resort in the real world and arrived to find something akin to a deluxe Disney Resort would be disappointed to say the least.

Theming is fun, location convenient, and (vanishing) Extra Magic Hours a nice perk of all the Disney resorts. But if luxury and an attentive staff who pampers and caters to every need is truly why someone would book a deluxe resort, book the Four Seasons instead. You may find it difficult to ever stay at a “deluxe” resort again. Or choose any number of nearby 4-5 star resorts for 1/3 the price. There is nothing so over-the-top luxurious at any Disney resort that I would ruminate over it when my budget leads me to book a Value instead.

I do nto understand why there is the urgent to ridicule what may be a valid concern. People do not choose their resort for one reason alone, so when looking at the differences between a Deluxe room and a value room stay is valuable research. The size of the room can be a major player and having others discuss the ways to make a relatively small space feel larger may play into the decision making process. Look at location. If one is used to walking straight into the MK, and then hopping on the monorail to get to Epcot, having people share transportation differences is helpful.

And lets not get into amenities. I know, I know.....Disney resorts are nto 5 star, but there are true differences between each level of stay, and when every stay is costly, knowing what you are buying is important. I am still hearing my DH complain about the "dump" I made him stay in (the Beach Club) and have already told him no complaining about OKW in Decemebr. You see, he does not get truly accept that DISney is anything other than the MK, and if we are not perched there, he is not happy. Before we booked I insisted he participate in researching the resorts, and their associated costs, and the differences in each one. He "thought" he wanted to stay "cheap" however we looked at the values, and as much as he loved the theming, he knew he would not consider losing the amenities worth the savings. Our stays have a lot of resort time built in. We want hot tubs, TS restaurants and convenient transportation. SO research and feedback from others helps to make our decision. I happily try to share my experiences with others so they knwo what they are buying, or in the case of going from value to deluxe, what they are NOT buying, and if the differences in cost are worth the differences in amenities to them.

The same holds true for those who want to determine if they will be happy spending the additional money to stay in a deluxe. If you are RD to park close, I rather doubt it. But we can chat and no one gets upset with that question.

I do nto understand why there is the urgent to ridicule what may be a valid concern. People do not choose their resort for one reason alone, so when looking at the differences between a Deluxe room and a value room stay is valuable research. The size of the room can be a major player and having others discuss the ways to make a relatively small space feel larger may play into the decision making process. Look at location. If one is used to walking straight into the MK, and then hopping on the monorail to get to Epcot, having people share transportation differences is helpful.

And lets not get into amenities. I know, I know.....Disney resorts are nto 5 star, but there are true differences between each level of stay, and when every stay is costly, knowing what you are buying is important. I am still hearing my DH complain about the "dump" I made him stay in (the Beach Club) and have already told him no complaining about OKW in Decemebr. You see, he does not get truly accept that DISney is anything other than the MK, and if we are not perched there, he is not happy. Before we booked I insisted he participate in researching the resorts, and their associated costs, and the differences in each one. He "thought" he wanted to stay "cheap" however we looked at the values, and as much as he loved the theming, he knew he would not consider losing the amenities worth the savings. Our stays have
lot of resort time built in. We want hot tubs, TS restaurants and convenient transportation. SO research and feedback from others helps to make our decision. I happily try to share my experiences with others so they know what they are buying, or in the case of going from value to deluxe, what they are NOT buying, and if the differences in cost are worth the differences in amenities to them.

The same holds true for those who want to determine if they will be happy spending the additional money to stay in a deluxe. If you are RD to park close, I rather doubt it. But we can chat and no one gets upset with that question.

Exactly! Well said. Thank you!

I would like to add......
It is important for individuals seeking advice/information/reassurance concerning an upcoming expensive (at any resort level) vacation in WDW to feel free to post with their particular situation in order to get feedback. Everyone that replies attempts to put themselves into the OP's unique situation and tailor's their response to that individual post. Reading other posts to different (albeit similar) situations will help, but it is nice to hear from people that are addressing your particular situation and concerns.

I can see how it may seem unnecessary to some people, and that is fine. As others have said, just move on to a different post that resonates with you and enjoy the friendly Disboards!!

I agree with Nancyg56 and Babsy I don't believe asking a question on a community board is either ' pretentious' nor are deluxe resorts 'catered elitist silver spoon' resorts. This is a Disney forum! We come here to gather information on the parks/ resorts. Why not keep it friendly and be happy for all planning their dream vacation, no matter what resort they stay at. Going to Disney is a huge trip to save for. Everyone spends their descretionary money as they see fit for their lives. ...
You want to know you are getting your money's worth for anything you pay for.....a Disney hotel, hair or nail salon, restaurant etc. That's what researching your options online and asking questions is for right?

Last edited:
I agree with Nancyg56 and Babsy I don't believe asking a question on a community board is either ' pretentious' nor are deluxe resorts 'catered elitist silver spoon' resorts. This is a Disney forum! We come here to gather information on the parks/ resorts. Why not keep it friendly and be happy for all planning their dream vacation, no matter what resort they stay at. Going to Disney is a huge trip to save for. Everyone spends their descretionary money as they see fit for their lives. ...
You want to know you are getting your money's worth for anything you pay for.....a Disney hotel, hair or nail salon, restaurant etc. That's what researching your options online and asking questions is for right?

Exactly. I also do not think that it is pretentious to want a clear understanding of what you will be experiencing if you have not had the opportunity to stay at any given resort. As I said earlier, my family travels differently when my DH joins us. Our dining is different as well, however, should my traveling companions choose to purchase a CS dining plan, and I have no experience with it, would I be chastised if I look for feedback in order to determine if I am going to be happy with that choice, both financially and in terms of food? Yes, I know the bones of that plan, and yes I know the differences in cost and choice, but perhaps I feel I would be better informed if I also gained insight from folks who either routinely use the plan, or who also bounce around in dining plan options, to no dining plan.

In "real" life I would not hesitate to talk to people, so why would I do that here? And I sure would not try to shut down those folks from asking questions by making it seem that they should be embarrassed to look for feedback,

So your saying no one should ask questions about the resorts on a community board? New members should know to just search? Gotcha.

I do not understand why people feel the need to post about how other people's posts bother them . . . oh wait . . .:rolleyes1

I think it's good to research and ask questions about a vacation before you put down thousands of dollars. I don't know about you but I'm not rolling in the dough so I research all vacations.

Before these boards I had no idea values didn't have pool slides or hot tubs which crosses the values right off my list. I've seen people not realize they can't even stay value (one room) if they wanted since they are a family of 5 so it's good they asked first. Or a poster will come on and say it's very tight with two strollers, etc so the family decides to go for a bigger room. It's not about being elitist or pretentious.

I learn something new just about everyday on these boards. Whether it's about resorts or the parks or transportation. If you don't like reading the posts then skip over them.

I think it's good to research and ask questions about a vacation before you put down thousands of dollars. I don't know about you but I'm not rolling in the dough so I research all vacations.

Before these boards I had no idea values didn't have pool slides or hot tubs which crosses the values right off my list. I've seen people not realize they can't even stay value (one room) if they wanted since they are a family of 5 so it's good they asked first. Or a poster will come on and say it's very tight with two strollers, etc so the family decides to go for a bigger room. It's not about being elitist or pretentious.

I learn something new just about everyday on these boards. Whether it's about resorts or the parks or transportation. If you don't like reading the posts then skip over them.

Exactly, no matter where I'm staying I want to get what I feel is my money's worth. Not only that, but resorts change so much. Like, moderates having pull down beds to accommodate a family of five etc. Or a resort changing from double beds to queen beds. If I don't know, I want to be informed so I can make a good decision for our family before spending hard earned money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!