Jambo House vs Kidani Village

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
What are the pors and cons of the two properties? I have not been to either. Thanks for your input

Having stayed at both, we prefer Jambo as it offers the "main" AKL,,pool, restaurants, bar.. it's just the feel we get when we stay there, whether that being in a regular room or DVC ( these rooms are on 5 the floor)
The kidani area is further, quieter n does not offer the same wow factor for us, nor the food choices. Though if it were there versus a mod, I'd return easily. You really can't go wrong with either but I'd Choose Jambo if a choice is available. Have a great time wherever you stay.

For one or two bedroom villas, we prefer Kidani because of the extra full bath and the added square footage. Also, the master bath at Kidani is much nicer than the one at Jambo. Additionally, Kidani is the first bus stop except for when going to DS.

I prefer studios at Jambo, two sinks in dressing area, and I think a nicer kitchenette. I prefer the bathroom at Jambo also, again only for studios. For larger units, I pick Kidani.

We prefer Kidani. I like the more intimate feel of the lobby, the pool area feels remote/secluded, and the ambiance in general is more quiet and peaceful. Jambo House has a grand lobby, nice counter service restaurant, and nice gift shop, but is definitely louder. I don't think you can go wrong at either, though. Both are beautiful.

We have not stayed at either, but our next trip we will be staying at both. We could not get 6 nights consecutive at either location so are doing a split stay. We have 3 nights in studio standard view at Jambo house and then 3 nights in a studio savanna view in Kidani. I can't wait to see the differences between the two but overall look forward to being able to stay at AKL.

Does Sanaa serve breakfast everyday now? That is one reason I avoided Kidani in the past is having no breakfast option on site. Though I guess if all goes well and AKV becomes my home DVC resort we can just use the kitchens and eat in the room :)

Kidani is much more spread out, so you may get a room that's a MUCH farther walk from the lobby or bus stop. I prefer the larger gift shop at Jambo. However, as bobbiwoz pointed out, Kidani 1 and 2 BRs have an extra bath, which is a major reason why we chose Kidani for our upcoming trip with 2 DGDs. Also, the Kidani pool looked like it had more fun areas.

And, for the kids, isn't Kidani's pool more of a mini-water park, with bigger slides and play area?

We liked Jambo better...the grander lobby, Jiko, Victoria Falls. We liked the Jambo pool better as well. But the Kidani spray park area for kids was really cool.

We haven't been to either, we were leaning Kidani for June 2018, but now are not so sure if we wouldn't rather go Jambo. Given the dynamics of our party, would this make your choices any different:

1) Party of 9, renting points for two 2BR units, so each unit will have two adult couples, plus 1 4YO in one of them (not sure the extra bathroom would be THAT important).
2) We all walk for exercise, many wear Fitbits and walk at least 3 miles daily, so not sure the walk would matter.
3) Most of my gang doesn't' even eat breakfast, although I will definitely do so at least once at Boma, even if I eat solo (I'm the early riser of the group).
4) We chose Kidani, after watching videos of the water play area, but I guess if we go Jambo instead, that pool is nice too, and our 4YO won't know what she's missing anyway.
5) After reviewing availability charts, we're booking at the 7 month window. Could most Jambo 2BRs be gone by then, forcing us to go to Kidani by default?
6) We Like the Community Hall concept at Kidani as well, and assume it's a bit more tranquil.

We haven't been to either, we were leaning Kidani for June 2018, but now are not so sure if we wouldn't rather go Jambo. Given the dynamics of our party, would this make your choices any different:

1) Party of 9, renting points for two 2BR units, so each unit will have two adult couples, plus 1 4YO in one of them (not sure the extra bathroom would be THAT important).
At Jambo House, all 2-bedrooms are Lock-Offs (Studio & 1-Bedroom w/interior connecting door).
At Kidani Village, there are both Lock-Off & Dedicated 2-bedrooms. The KV 2-bedrooms are approx. 100 sq ft larger than those in Jambo House (over 200 sq ft larger than the Value 2BR in Jambo).

The Dedicated 2-bedrooms will have 1 King Bed, 2 Queen Beds, 1 Queen Sleeper Sofa and a Sleeper Chair.
The Lock-Off 2-bedrooms will have 1 King Bed, 1 Queen Bed, 1 Queen Sleeper Sofa, 1 Double Sleeper Sofa and a Sleeper Chair. The Value 2-bedrooms don't have the sleeper chair.

Approx. 75% of the total number of villas in AKV are located in Kidani Village.

4) We chose Kidani, after watching videos of the water play area, but I guess if we go Jambo instead, that pool is nice too, and our 4YO won't know what she's missing anyway.
When staying at AKL/AKV, you can use the pool and other standard amenities at either building.

Last edited:
2) We all walk for exercise, many wear Fitbits and walk at least 3 miles daily, so not sure the walk would matter.
You will have lots of walking at either place.

6) We Like the Community Hall concept at Kidani as well, and assume it's a bit more tranquil.

Kidani will definitely be more tranquil than Jambo. Jambo is a busy place. But some like that!

We just got back from a stay at Kidani. We own points for AKV and normally stay at Jambo but wanted to try Kidani at least once.

Never again.

Our room was waaaaay at the far end of one of the hallways (room xx74). Ridiculously long walk to the lobby. We are active people (I walk ~2 miles each day as part of my commute) and we know we're in for a lot of walking when in WDW. The walk honestly didn't make us want to take a side trip for shopping at the lobby store, or to go to Sanaa even for breakfast. At Jambo, we routinely cap off a night at VF for a drink. No interest in dropping off our stuff in the room then trekking alll the way back to the Sanaa bar.

We normally like the quiet, relaxed, out of the way, less hustle-and-bustle feel of OKW (we also own points there) but for some reason Kidani seemed too quiet and out of the way, even before you factor in the long hallways. There should have been a way to design the hallways to maximize savannah views with a spoke hallway like at Jambo.

Regarding the breakfast at Sanaa. We did look once. It was premade food sitting in a warming tray. I wouldn't rate it as anything high quality.

We just got back from a stay at Kidani. We own points for AKV and normally stay at Jambo but wanted to try Kidani at least once.

Never again.

Our room was waaaaay at the far end of one of the hallways (room xx74). Ridiculously long walk to the lobby. We are active people (I walk ~2 miles each day as part of my commute) and we know we're in for a lot of walking when in WDW. The walk honestly didn't make us want to take a side trip for shopping at the lobby store, or to go to Sanaa even for breakfast. At Jambo, we routinely cap off a night at VF for a drink. No interest in dropping off our stuff in the room then trekking alll the way back to the Sanaa bar.

We normally like the quiet, relaxed, out of the way, less hustle-and-bustle feel of OKW (we also own points there) but for some reason Kidani seemed too quiet and out of the way, even before you factor in the long hallways. There should have been a way to design the hallways to maximize savannah views with a spoke hallway like at Jambo.

Regarding the breakfast at Sanaa. We did look once. It was premade food sitting in a warming tray. I wouldn't rate it as anything high quality.

I hate that you had a bad vacation and it bothered you guys. I can't imagine that bothering my bunch -- we have been to Boardwalk, walked around it multiple times, walked from there to the Studios, and all the way through the IG to the front of Epcot just to ride the monorail.

Having said that, our DVC renter says they have had success getting one of 5 requested room locations, so we could very well be in one of the last rooms on the Kidani south trail (Zazu elevator) and actually have a closer walk to the Jambo lobby than the Kidani lobby (at least the way my map looks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!