Jambo House vs Kidani Village

So, for those of you who have been to both with kids, will our 4YO granddaughter find the Kidani water area significantly more fun than the Jambo pool (hey, we are planning our whole vacation around her, may as well choose the pool for her too!)?

So, for those of you who have been to both with kids, will our 4YO granddaughter find the Kidani water area significantly more fun than the Jambo pool (hey, we are planning our whole vacation around her, may as well choose the pool for her too!)?
I think so. The splash area was very popular with my DGC!

I think so. The splash area was very popular with my DGC!

Thanks so much for the recommendation. We're taking our DGDs (5 and 7) there in a few weeks, and it's great to know about the splash area.

Not sure why this popped up on my recommended videos, but this guy walked from Kidani to Jambo in flip flops in about 7 minutes. His walk was from the Kidani bus stop, so if you're way out on Pembe, your walk is probably doubled. But, I'm encouraged, it's a nice green scenic walk.

And, on the Jambo thread on the regular resorts board, someone recently posted that they loved their Kidani trip, used both pools often, made use of the shuttle van, and had the best Disney vacation ever!

Come on June 2018!

We prefer Kidani. I like the more intimate feel of the lobby, the pool area feels remote/secluded, and the ambiance in general is more quiet and peaceful. Jambo House has a grand lobby, nice counter service restaurant, and nice gift shop, but is definitely louder. I don't think you can go wrong at either, though. Both are beautiful.

Hate the Kidani pool, seems real small and way out of the way.

Hate the Kidani pool, seems real small and way out of the way.

The actual Kidani pool is 4700 sq ft, 118K gallons, around half of the 11,000 sq ft, 234K gallons at the Jambo pool. The drawing card for Kidani is the water play area and a 128 ft slide (the longest at Jambo is 67 ft), in addition to the pool.

There's reasons people like both. I can't imagine using the H word for any pool I've ever been too, but you're correct, in that you should go where you enjoy it most.

Regarding the breakfast at Sanaa. We did look once. It was premade food sitting in a warming tray. I wouldn't rate it as anything high quality.

I don't know if things have changed, but when we had breakfast at Sanaa in January there were grab-and-go prepared food options (hot and cold) and made to order options. We ordered food that was prepared fresh and enjoyed everything we tried.

Not sure why this popped up on my recommended videos, but this guy walked from Kidani to Jambo in flip flops in about 7 minutes. His walk was from the Kidani bus stop, so if you're way out on Pembe, your walk is probably doubled. But, I'm encouraged, it's a nice green scenic walk.
Or you can walk on the 2nd floor indoors to the Zazu elevator and go outside to Jambo. Nicer on a hot day.

we stayed at both. Studio at Kidani savanna view was nice. GV at Jambo was great 1 floor with a pool table

We have only stayed at Jambo and are booked in a 3 BRGV in May at Jambo. We love the grand lobby, quick service, and pool. Some day, I imagine we will try Kidani.

The Kidani pool area for Kids is by far better then Jambo. The slide is easy to access and just about twice as long. Both pools will have cast member activities. The night time movie at Kidani is also shown in the pool area. The community hall is also located at Kidani.

Someone said something about a peaceful community room, but when we stopped in the small room was packed with everything pretry much being used, we just left.
Idk, kidani just seems like a let down after being at jambo.

Someone said something about a peaceful community room, but when we stopped in the small room was packed with everything pretry much being used, we just left.
Idk, kidani just seems like a let down after being at jambo.

Don't know if I've ever been to a Community Room anywhere that is peaceful, since they're usually aimed at kids, but I would guess it ebbs and flows. I probably would never base my resort decision solely on a Community Room (as Yogi Berra said "Nobody goes there, it's too crowded) but you certainly have that right. I'm glad Kidani and Jambo both have their fans. We'll be staying at Kidani because my point renter said all of the DVC Jambo 2BR villas were booked at 7 month window, but Kidani still had availability.

Don't know if I've ever been to a Community Room anywhere that is peaceful, since they're usually aimed at kids, but I would guess it ebbs and flows. I probably would never base my resort decision solely on a Community Room (as Yogi Berra said "Nobody goes there, it's too crowded) but you certainly have that right. I'm glad Kidani and Jambo both have their fans. We'll be staying at Kidani because my point renter said all of the DVC Jambo 2BR villas were booked at 7 month window, but Kidani still had availability.

I could care less about a community room. I just replied about it because a ways back it sounded like someone was making it sound like a big plus and I didn't want anyone misled.

I'm glad you got Kidani and I don't mean it to sound harsh when I say this, but it does sound like it is what you prefer based on your posts. You're right, each person has their own idea as to what they like. Some people don't like to be near the stuff at Jambo, and then on the other hand, some prefer the water splash type thing.

Last edited:
I could care less about a community room. I just replied about it because a ways back it sounded like someone was making it sound like a big plus and I didn't want anyone misled.

I'm glad you got Kidani and I don't mean it to sound harsh when I say this, but it does sound like it is what you prefer based on your posts. You're right, each person has their own idea as to what they like. Some people don't like to be near the stuff at Jambo, and then on the other hand, some prefer the water splash type thing.

It's funny that you picked that up by going back and looking at my other posts - our first choice was actually Jambo, we're mainly going to Kidani because of 7-month window availability. Regardless, I've yet to be at a WDW resort that was a letdown. But, I understand what you're saying, it's all about what you like. Even Old Key West was one of our "funnest" vacations.

It's funny that you picked that up by going back and looking at my other posts - our first choice was actually Jambo, we're mainly going to Kidani because of 7-month window availability. Regardless, I've yet to be at a WDW resort that was a letdown. But, I understand what you're saying, it's all about what you like. Even Old Key West was one of our "funnest" vacations.

I'm actually debating amongst OKW and SSR for the first part of the split on our next trip. SSR super convenient factor for the teens to DS, looks like more going on, but OKW looked pretty nice when we ate there too, plus boat, so sort of the same? though, we do like being able to just be in our own control of going to where we're going. I'm leaning toward SSR, but some said the smaller rooms at OKW are better. Thinking standard or one bedroom, and I believe the one bedroom at SSR is still a pull out for the second option?
I guess the letdown part was just that it felt like there was just so much less than the other. But, ultimately, the proof will be in the pudding for whoever goes wherever and what they like.
LOL, it definetly looked like you preferred Kidani, For the record, since you like walking, you most likely wont mind the walk to Jambo House. It really is not that far at all, esp. since it sounds like you are like us in that we like to walk for exercise. There is a shuttle, but it seemed easier just to walk.

I'm actually debating amongst OKW and SSR for the first part of the split on our next trip. SSR super convenient factor for the teens to DS, looks like more going on, but OKW looked pretty nice when we ate there too, plus boat, so sort of the same? though, we do like being able to just be in our own control of going to where we're going. I'm leaning toward SSR, but some said the smaller rooms at OKW are better. Thinking standard or one bedroom, and I believe the one bedroom at SSR is still a pull out for the second option?
I guess the letdown part was just that it felt like there was just so much less than the other. But, ultimately, the proof will be in the pudding for whoever goes wherever and what they like.
LOL, it definetly looked like you preferred Kidani, For the record, since you like walking, you most likely wont mind the walk to Jambo House. It really is not that far at all, esp. since it sounds like you are like us in that we like to walk for exercise. There is a shuttle, but it seemed easier just to walk.

Totally agree with everything you said - concerning your dilemma, we haven't stayed at SSR, but I thought the OKW accommodations were the biggest of any DVC resort at WDW, plus a huge savings in points for both of those. So, SSR rooms are actually bigger? (yes, I know I could look it up, but this way is more fun!)

Last edited:
Totally agree with everything you said - concerning your dilemma, we haven't stayed at SSR, but I thought the OKW accommodations were the biggest of any DVC resort at WDW, plus a huge savings in points for both of those. So, SSR rooms are actually bigger? (yes, I know I could look it up, but this way is more fun!)

No, I said that wrong. I meant to say that if you are choosing a smaller sized room, (say a 1 bdrm. or regular sized, vs. 2 bdrm), that some said they are better, such as 2 queens, and vs. pull out sofa even in a 1 bdrm. I do not have first hand knowledge of this, and am taking it all in right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!