Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We’all be arriving October 6 at Kidani and have a 1 bedroom savanna view. What should I ask for to really see the animals? We don’t care about the pools. Nearness to the lobby would be nice since our son is wheelchair bound but the animals are the priority.

Does anyone know where I can find the list of activities? I see everyone posting great activities for kids. We are staying at AKL for the first time with our 15 and 13 year old daughters. Even though they are older, I still think they would enjoy things like drums, fires and story telling. We are going to be there the week of July 4th. We usually spend all of our time in the parks but I am purposefully setting it up to take breaks during the day or go later in the morning so that we spend more time at Resort and relaxing.

Does anyone know where I can find the list of activities? I see everyone posting great activities for kids. We are staying at AKL for the first time with our 15 and 13 year old daughters. Even though they are older, I still think they would enjoy things like drums, fires and story telling. We are going to be there the week of July 4th. We usually spend all of our time in the parks but I am purposefully setting it up to take breaks during the day or go later in the morning so that we spend more time at Resort and relaxing.
You can find out the updated list of activities when you check in with front desk and they will have sheets for you.

3c0855a236f0eb3855cc697592d74bfa.jpg

We’all be arriving October 6 at Kidani and have a 1 bedroom savanna view. What should I ask for to really see the animals? We don’t care about the pools. Nearness to the lobby would be nice since our son is wheelchair bound but the animals are the priority.

I’m interested in these responses as well!

"Sunset Savanna, lower floor". There are lots of animals on Sunset and being on floor 2 (lobby level) or floor 3 you will look out at the animals, not down on them! ;)

Question about the room requests... When I spoke to the cast member at booking they said they put in a request for the partial savannah(and he said he even added a "please" for extra luck LOL) and a king bed. Do I still have to do the fax when it gets closer? Or am I all set?

Question about the room requests... When I spoke to the cast member at booking they said they put in a request for the partial savannah(and he said he even added a "please" for extra luck LOL) and a king bed. Do I still have to do the fax when it gets closer? Or am I all set?

I think you are set, but I would call shortly before (maybe a week?) and have a CM verify they can still see the request :thumbsup2 good luck!

I agree second floor is great for the animal viewing, but you might also want to add close to lobby. The Kidani hallways are LONG. Like crazy long. Like a half-mile long almost. So being close to the lobby would be important! If you’re in an HA room (you didn’t say you were though), I would hope they located them in reasonable locations.

One more question(although 'm sure that's a lie):
I asked this in a FB group as well, but I can't trust the answer of one random FB stranger. I need to straight facts from the DIS experts ;)

I paid in full when I booked our package. Does that include tax? Or will be paying that when we check out?

I should have asked when I called but it was already a fiasco :rotfl:...long story.

One more question(although 'm sure that's a lie):
I asked this in a FB group as well, but I can't trust the answer of one random FB stranger. I need to straight facts from the DIS experts ;)

I paid in full when I booked our package. Does that include tax? Or will be paying that when we check out?

I should have asked when I called but it was already a fiasco :rotfl:...long story.

That included tax :thumbsup2

It is 9 days until we arrive and I am so super excited! We booked a standard room but did request a partial savannah view so fingers are crossed. Honestly, we'll just be happy to be there. We are doing a split stay with the Poly and I'm worried I will be sad to leave half-way through our trip. We are eating at both Boma and Sanaa with our 2 littles. I will report back when we return! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!