Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Saw photos of the Uzami pool, so crazy seeing it empty with people walking around in it!

Saw photos of the Uzami pool, so crazy seeing it empty with people walking around in it!

Where did you see these? I tried searching, and just got tons of pictures of the normal pool and articles about the closure of the pool - nothing current or current photos since it closed.

Where did you see these? I tried searching, and just got tons of pictures of the normal pool and articles about the closure of the pool - nothing current or current photos since it closed.

Someone in a Animal Kingdom Lodge facebook group posted some photos.

Yes, it is cashless for services such as hotel bill, souvenirs, and dinners. But you may still tip in cash wait staff, bell staff, etc.
At least that's the latest report I have.

That is still correct. We kept cash specifically for tipping at Jiko and Sanaa.

Ugh. Cashless? That's dumb... but thanks for the warning. I was about to head to AKL this December with cash to pay off the room charges! Oops

Ugh. Cashless? That's dumb... but thanks for the warning. I was about to head to AKL this December with cash to pay off the room charges! Oops

I believe you can pay off your room charges with cash at the front desk- the front desk is the only place they take cash besides tipping housekeeping, valets, etc... you just can’t pay for your dinner or souvenirs with cash at the restaurants or store. So you would have to charge to your room and then pay it off with cash as opposed to paying with cash when you eat/purchase. Or get a gift card from the front desk with your cash.

I believe you can pay off your room charges with cash at the front desk- the front desk is the only place they take cash besides tipping housekeeping, valets, etc... you just can’t pay for your dinner or souvenirs with cash at the restaurants or store. So you would have to charge to your room and then pay it off with cash as opposed to paying with cash when you eat/purchase. Or get a gift card from the front desk with your cash.

This. :thumbsup2

Ended up in Jambo House, Ostrich trail. It was 'standard' - the cheapest option. I'm British so booked through UK website, so I guess the descriptions may be names may be different? The website description was :

"Views of Rooftop or Parking Area
2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed
Sleeps up to 4 Adults"

We could see the roof below (we were on 4th floor) and off to the left (out of shot) we could just about see a metal gate leading to a yard, but it was barely visible. The fenced bit had a sign saying Boma1.

Here is the view down:
IMG_20180910_193452328.jpg

Oh that's great! Thanks for the info! We like to charge to room and then pay cash. It feels safer than bringing all the cash (or even some of it) to the parks and still let's you set a "self-limit" on how much you spend.

Edit: huh. Quote didn't work this time. Probably because I'm on my phone. Sorry about that!

Mine is. Giraffe Trail, 3rd floor. At least there’s more privacy I guess. :confused3
Have you at least discovered the secret door/shortcut from Giraffe trail to the bus stop?
I always worry when people wax eloquently about their great savanna view when they only paid for standard view - some people will end up in those front facing Giraffe and Ostrich trail rooms, unfortunately.
Hope you are otherwise enjoying your visit.

Have you at least discovered the secret door/shortcut from Giraffe trail to the bus stop?
I always worry when people wax eloquently about their great savanna view when they only paid for standard view - some people will end up in those front facing Giraffe and Ostrich trail rooms, unfortunately.
Hope you are otherwise enjoying your visit.
We’re doing great! We did Disney After Hours tonight and are going to crash very hard. Off to AK tomorrow....late morning hehe. I will say I called to request a king room or partial savannah and didn’t get either. Guess it’s luck of the draw. No biggie.

So that is a standard view? Do you not have a balcony? I was unaware that you could essentially have no window/view at all.
It is standard view, facing the parking lot. There is a balcony but you can’t see anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter