Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

What’s a good time to catch the bus to MK from Kidani to be there at 9am opening? Staying here now, 8am I presume? Believe I read somewhere that buses don’t start running until 45 mins prior to park opening. Don’t sure on that though.

Please add me to the list for Sept 11-20 at Jambo House. Just finalized everything today.

Originally were booked on a cash resi, moved to Poly and we weren’t excited about the options they offered us with the poly closure. So we just moved over to a dvc reservation so we can stay at our original resort as Jambo is really the only resort we like anyways lol.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2020 & 2021
If you have any updates please let me know…
July
7/25 - 7/31 Doingitagain - Jambo
7/30 - 8/5 G719 - AKL
August
8/11 - 8/17 Ptrejo85 - Kidani
8/12 - 8/20 JRoyster86 - AKL
8/18 - 8/24 KimBean - AKL
8/19 - 8/28 Minnieloves4 - AKL
8/22 - 8/29 JenniJ - AKL Jambo
8/29 - 9-/3 missyek - AKL
8/29 - 9/6 LuvinDisney83 - AKL
8/31 - 9/11 amilli12 - Jambo
September
9/4 - 9/13 arrical8 - Jambo
9/7 -9/12 lexybear - AKL Jambo
9/8 - 9/12 Gerweniel - AKL Jambo
9/8 - 9/16 Jonathan Friedman - Jambo
9/8 - 9/19 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
9/13 ‐ 9/1Jess6 .stw AKL
9/13 - 9/26 Disneylvr1972 - AKV Kidani
9/18 - 9/21 denise_q - Kidani
9/22 - 9/25 crazymomof4 - AKL
9/23 - 9/25 osufeth24 - AKL Jambo
9/23 - 10/3 jf256 - AKL
9/26 momimouse27 - Kidani
9/27 - 10/2 karen4546 - AKL
9/27 - 10/4 sndral - AKV Kidani
9/28 - 10/7 Disnerd6838 - Kidani
October
10/12 - 10/20 aml1676 - AKL
10/17 - 10/23 TheCars16 - AKL
10/20 - 11/3 kristenrice - AKL
10/21 - 10/28 Ismo -AKL
10/21 - 11/4 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
10/30 - 11/6 DizDaD7 - SSR
November
11/1 - 11/6 P'colaBeachBum - BC
11/4 - 11/10 goodeats - AKL Kidani
11/6 - 11/20 Johnnyg49 - AKL
11/10 ‐11/15 Chime - AKL
11/14 - 11/21 melissa723 - AKV CL
11/14 - 11/16 brewhome - AKV Jambo
11/15 - 11/20 tinabina919 - AKL Jambo
11/18 - 11/20 Fitzwoman27 - AKL
11/21 - 11/28 #1eeyoregirl - AKL Jambo
11/21 - 11/28 henry72 - AKL Kidani
11/27 - 12/5 Tomania- AKL Kidani
11/28 - 12/6 Eeyore daily - AKV Jambo
December
12/1 - 12/15 RailRunner - AKL
12/2 - 12/13 sndral - AKV Jambo
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL CL
12/6 - 12/9 goofball04 - AKL Jambo
12/9 - 12/13 Tinkernelle83 - SSR
12/11 - 12/17 Meglen - AKV Jambo
12/13 - 12/18 melana - Kidani
12/15 - 12/19 Lilias - AKL
12/18 - 01/03 joech - AKL
12/25 - 1/17 Greg36 - AKL
12/27 - 1/3 Pooh12863 - AKL Jambo
January
1/6 - 1/13 gillep AKV CL
1/26 - 2/6 Elsaalltheway - AKL
February
March
3/21 - 3/26 karen4546 - AKL
April
May

5/2 - 5/6 Tinkerbelle83 - AKV
5/25 - 5/29 MickeyT - AKL
June
6/23 - 6/25 Tinkerbelle83 - Kidani
July
August
September
October

November
December

Unfortunately we decided to cancel our 11/14/20 - 11/21/20 AKL CL stay. :( We ended up with a few DVC points left over that we needed to use or lose, so we've changed it to 11/19/20-11/21 at Jambo for a resort only stay. Better than nothing I guess.

We had a reservation at AKL for November 7th to the 15th. They said it wouldn’t be open, so we are wait and come in May. Hopefully Jambo house will be open by then. With more restaurants open as well.

My daughter wants to be a zookeeper and work with exotic animals, so she would love to stay here, but my boys want to be closer to the parks at one of the skyliner resorts.

Former zookeeper checking in here. Cannot help at all with the DW question but if your daughter is serious or at an age where she should be exploring options and you have a local zoo getting into a docent or Jr Keeper program will be a very good idea. Breaking into a career as a keeper isnt easy and many areas place far more emphasis on experience rather than education. And it certainly wont hurt to have experience anywhere. I only have a BS and that basically locked me out of some zoos unless I wanted a director position. So as not to derail this thread too much if you have questions you are more than welcome to message me.

Former zookeeper checking in here. Cannot help at all with the DW question but if your daughter is serious or at an age where she should be exploring options and you have a local zoo getting into a docent or Jr Keeper program will be a very good idea. Breaking into a career as a keeper isnt easy and many areas place far more emphasis on experience rather than education. And it certainly wont hurt to have experience anywhere. I only have a BS and that basically locked me out of some zoos unless I wanted a director position. So as not to derail this thread too much if you have questions you are more than welcome to message me.
Having a BS got me in the door and helped me get the job. Trust me when I say a college degree helps. Don't discount that. I agree try to get some experience at your local zoo.

Having a BS got me in the door and helped me get the job. Trust me when I say a college degree helps. Don't discount that. I agree try to get some experience at your local zoo.
It certainly can help at some zoos but so many that are publicly run have constraints that mean hiring a BS just wont happen. I was flat out told this by a frustrated director that would have loved to hire me but could not. This was 25 years ago so maybe things have changed for the better but even if they have (I really hope so) having experience will not hurt! :)

I’m staying at Jambo House in a Savannah View Studio for 8 nights starting 9/8. Is there anything open for food? Stores? Anything? Will we have to walk to Kidani for everything?

I’m staying at Jambo House in a Savannah View Studio for 8 nights starting 9/8. Is there anything open for food? Stores? Anything? Will we have to walk to Kidani for everything?

There is really nothing open at Jambo other than the pool. Unfortunately, Kidani doesn't have much worth walking for: just a small selection of food at the gift shop and Sanaa. There's no quick service other than breakfast at Sanaa.

From what I have read, Jambo is still not open, and everyone is moved to Kadani.
You are a little over 4 weeks away. It would be worth it to call and check if that would make a difference to you.

Well I talked with member services today, and they said Jambo DVC is not open, and would not be through the end of the year, they thought. But someone on the DVC board just said Jambo DVC has been open since 7/10. So I may have given you wrong info, if member services gave me wrong info. Sorry.

Last edited:
From what I have read, Jambo is still not open, and everyone is moved to Kadani.
You are a little over 4 weeks away. It would be worth it to call and check if that would make a difference to you.

Well I talked with member services today, and they said Jambo DVC is not open, and would not be through the end of the year, they thought. But someone on the DVC board just said Jambo DVC has been open since 7/10. So I may have given you wrong info, if member services gave me wrong info. Sorry.
Another question....are there tubs or showers only in the Jambo Studios?

I was about to say, I'm pretty sure I had read people on this board who have stayed there already

Maybe they meant non DVC rentals, cause I know it won't let you rent Jambo on Disney website right now

Here at Kidani right now. Just arrived yesterday afternoon after staying at the hard rock hotel (universal). We have a 2 bedroom Savannah view. Our 3 kids, ds10, dd9, and dd4 all think it is nice but prefer the hard rock pool. The pool here is tiny which makes it hard to stay away from others, especially kids. The slide feels like you are going over speed bumps every 10 feet, maybe not that bad but still uncomfortable. Ate at Sanaa last night, great restaurant, great service, great meal. The room itself is very nice, love having separate rooms and 3 bathrooms for everyone to get ready at the same time. The view is amazing, sitting on the balcony now with a coffee watching giraffes. A few other small things, the ac sounds like it's a spaceship taking off whenever it turns on, works very well, but it can wake you up. The hallways are long but also narrow and crowded. This is comparative to hard rock where there are lots of smaller hallways and you rarely saw anybody else and had plenty of room to get out of the way. Also at hard rock everyone had to get their temp checked daily and were given a wrist band that showed you have been checked. Nothing done here. Sanitizer is everywhere too at the hard rock, haven't noticed that much here. Hard rock definitely wins when it comes to making safety a number one me priority. Not saying we feel unsafe at AKL but the extra steps were appreciated right now. One last thing, the pool has a grill/bar but serves a few items, and a good selection of beers here at AKL. The hard rock has an awesome beach club where the food served was the best out of all the dining we had at universal. Huge menu, they served you wherever you were at around the pool. It was nice, for as many people who are at the AKL it would be nice to have a grill with more options to eat and more places to sit down and eat at.
Still tough to beat this view...

Jambo DVC is abosolutely open. The hotel rooms are not.

Another question....are there tubs or showers only in the Jambo Studios?

Tubs except in the accessible rooms with roll-in showers

So excited!! Just changed my room for Marathon Weekend from CSR to a Savanna View Studio at Kidani!!!!

We just got moved to Kinandi Standard View Studio. Staying Oct 8-11. First timers.
October
10/8 - 10/11 vamassey1 Kidani
10/12 - 10/20 aml1676 - AKL
10/17 - 10/23 TheCars16 - AKL
10/20 - 11/3 kristenrice - AKL
10/21 - 10/28 Ismo -AKL
10/21 - 11/4 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
10/30 - 11/6 DizDaD7 - SSR

Please add me to the list for Sept 11-20 at Jambo House. Just finalized everything today.

Originally were booked on a cash resi, moved to Poly and we weren’t excited about the options they offered us with the poly closure. So we just moved over to a dvc reservation so we can stay at our original resort as Jambo is really the only resort we like anyways lol.
September
9/4 - 9/13 arrical8 - Jambo
9/7 -9/12 lexybear - AKL Jambo
9/8 - 9/12 Gerweniel - AKL Jambo
9/8 - 9/16 Jonathan Friedman - Jambo
9/8 - 9/19 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
9/11 - 9/20 AKLover - Jambo
9/13 ‐ 9/1Jess6 .stw AKL
9/13 - 9/26 Disneylvr1972 - AKV Kidani
9/18 - 9/21 denise_q - Kidani
9/22 - 9/25 crazymomof4 - AKL
9/23 - 9/25 osufeth24 - AKL Jambo
9/23 - 10/3 jf256 - AKL
9/26 momimouse27 - Kidani
9/27 - 10/2 karen4546 - AKL
9/27 - 10/4 sndral - AKV Kidani
9/28 - 10/7 Disnerd6838 - Kidani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!