Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just booked our first time AKL Kidani villa. October 6-9. What's the easiest way to poly (brekky reservations, I need my Tonga toast)? Any recommendation regarding the resort? We are a party of 6 (3 adults, 3 kids including infant). Has anyone used the in room babysitting service? Thoughts?
Cheers!
October

DisneyWillow1975, Sep 30th - Oct 7th, AKL

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Christiann, 6th - 9th, AKL

Mkburme, 6th - 12th, AKV

Duder92, 9th - 14th, Jambo House

Disneybeautyfnp, 9th - 14th, AKL CL

Irish_Mike, 9th - 15th, Kidani

Jessie31383, 13th - 17th, Jambo

#1eeyoregirl, 13th - 17th, AKL

Shannie102, 14th - 18th, AKL

Luvfigment, 14th - 21st, AKL

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Ameetee, 22nd - 28th, AKL

Kimmar067, 27th - 31st, BWV

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

John's Mom, 29th - Nov 2nd, BCV

October

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Mkburme, 6th - 12th, AKV

Mickey1968, Oct. 29-Nov. 1

I would suggest you do not request a room number specifically, as this would make the work harder for the room assignor if that room is not vacant. Try to list the features that interest you the most.

All rooms have their advantages and their disadvantages, so even if you don't have the room you dreamt, you might still enjoy it for other reasons.
I tend to agree with that, but when I use their fax system I am able to add more description. I usually specify that "something in that general area" would be great, and why. It has worked well for other resorts. I just think room view is so much more important at AKL than anywhere else.

At AKL Kadani now. We have been here since Friday.

Arrived at MCO early, 9:10 am suppose to land at 9:25. Got to AKL about 10:30/11:00. Had easy check in but had a little wait for room. Which was fine. Went and got lunch at Jamba House and checked out the gift shops.

Room is great. Exactly what I wanted. Location is perfect. We got a 2 bedroom savanna view room. Seen Giraffe, Odtrich, Addax, Roan Antelope, Zebra, Ankole Cattle and Grey Crowned Crane so far!!

Bus time has been good. Haven't had to wait long. We did miss an AK bus, saw it leaving as we got there. So the wait was about 10-15 min. But that's the longest wait we had.

Weather is VERY HOT. But we are doing fine. Crowds have been ok. Longest wait we have had was 25 + min for Under the sea. Wait said 20 min but shut down for about 5-10 min while waiting in line.

Been here 3 times, with friends, every 2 years, and finally got to see Fantasmic with them. We had seen it before but not them.

Pandora is nice of what I could see, it was crowded and very dark at night. Did do Navi (had FP) which was great. We go back on to AK on Wednesday will see it during the day and do FOP, have FP for that also.

Can't think of anything negative to report. I will post more in a few days. If anybody has questions I will "try" to answer. This is my first trip review.

Thank you for this great report! I am new on this board and will be staying at AKL for the first time over Halloween! I cannot wait! I got lucky in the middle of the night last week and picked up an AP rate of $243 a night for a standard room, only $20 more than PORS where I was going to stay. I can't believe it, this will be my first deluxe that is not for a work conference and that trip was interrupted by Hurricane Matthew!

Anyway, thanks again. Do you happen to remember your room number? I have been playing with Touring Plans room views trying to decide on where to request.

So excited for you! Great rate too! Our room number was 4263!

Arrived at MCO early, 9:10 am suppose to land at 9:25. Got to AKL about 10:30/11:00. Had easy check in but had a little wait for room. Which was fine. Went and got lunch at Jamba House and checked out the gift shops.

Room is great. Exactly what I wanted. Location is perfect. We got a 2 bedroom savanna view room. Seen Giraffe, Odtrich, Addax, Roan Antelope, Zebra, Ankole Cattle and Grey Crowned Crane so far!!

Bus time has been good. Haven't had to wait long. We did miss an AK bus, saw it leaving as we got there. So the wait was about 10-15 min. But that's the longest wait we had.

Weather is VERY HOT. But we are doing fine. Crowds have been ok. Longest wait we have had was 25 + min for Under the sea. Wait said 20 min but shut down for about 5-10 min while waiting in line.

Been here 3 times, with friends, every 2 years, and finally got to see Fantasmic with them. We had seen it before but not them.

Pandora is nice of what I could see, it was crowded and very dark at night. Did do Navi (had FP) which was great. We go back on to AK on Wednesday will see it during the day and do FOP, have FP for that also.

Can't think of anything negative to report. I will post more in a few days. If anybody has questions I will "try" to answer. This is my first trip review.
Have a great time and thx for posting.
Since you are in Kidani & can see giraffes I assume you are on Sunset savanna - is there still a small herd of zebras? I know AK was part of the breeding program for the Hartman's zebras and am curious to know how that's going these days & if the Hartman herd is still on Sunset.

At AKL Kadani now savanna view room.
If you are on the Sunset Savannah and in your room in the morning would you please look out your balcony and see if there are any animals present. If so I would love to know at what time.

We were at Jambo, on the Arusha Savannah, last November and really never saw any animals from our room in the morning before leaving for the parks. I have heard the animals are let out earlier on the Sunset Savannah and if so that is the side of the hall I will request this November. We really hope for a leisurely morning animal watching while eating breakfast on the balcony. My idea of heaven!

Thank you so much and have an awesome time!

Thanks for sharing with us. And OH MY where did you get that Bruins Mickey avatar??? (sign 88 already!!!!)

If you are on the Sunset Savannah and in your room in the morning would you please look out your balcony and see if there are any animals present. If so I would love to know at what time.

We were at Jambo, on the Arusha Savannah, last November and really never saw any animals from our room in the morning before leaving for the parks. I have heard the animals are let out earlier on the Sunset Savannah and if so that is the side of the hall I will request this November. We really hope for a leisurely morning animal watching while eating breakfast on the balcony. My idea of heaven!

Thank you so much and have an awesome time!

If I understand correctly, some savannas have animals at night, while others do not, am I right?

How long does it tend to take to get to Disney Springs from AKL? We are looking to spend a few evenings there this trip.

How long does it tend to take to get to Disney Springs from AKL? We are looking to spend a few evenings there this trip.

Farthest location is MK, and this is a 20 minutes ride. I haven't measure it, but I think Disney Springs is at most 15 minutes away.

If I understand correctly, some savannas have animals at night, while others do not, am I right?
Generally, the animals stay on their savannas all night and most of the day except for 1-2 hr.s each morning when they go to their barns for checks/feeding/etc..Occassionally an animal will be off savanna for a specific reason, like too cold for the red river hogs, female due to or just gave birth, for example. At Animal Kingdom the park the animals used to go to spend the nights in barns, not sure if that is still the case.

Couldn't find this, sorry if I missed it. From bus pickup time at Kidani/Jambo, how long will it take me to be inside of each of the four parks (on average, on a good day).

Last edited:

....thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

We are going back to AKL October 26--November 4. First time having a Savannah view (bunk beds). I'm so excited for the view as we usually get pool view. Bunk beds are because DD21 and her DB21 are going with us and that was all that was available with the discount.

We are going back to AKL October 26--November 4. First time having a Savannah view (bunk beds). I'm so excited for the view as we usually get pool view. Bunk beds are because DD21 and her DB21 are going with us and that was all that was available with the discount.
October

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Mkburme, 6th - 12th, AKV

Traceylee, 26th - Nov 4th, AKL

What's the consensus on the best thing to put in a room request for getting a better chance at a partial savannah or even an upgrade?
I'm personally using Touring Plans' auto faxer. I booked standard and requesting far end of Zebra trail. This is what TP is sending for me:

Jambo,Flr 3,E-facing room.Exmple:3580,3578,3582,3576,3584,3574,3572,3566,3565

Giving them a floor, direction, and room number range gives you a better chance. Both my requests for POFQ and CSR last year were fulfilled using TP's system, so I'm fairly confident I'll get my request this year too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter