Jan 14th, 2018 7-Night Southern Caribbean from San Juan

twokats

DIS Veteran
Looking forward to sailing on the Wonder again. Booked this week and waiting to see who will join us!
I will be sailing with my DH, Lee, and DD, Kati. This will be our 13th cruise (7th on the Wonder) will be DD's 9th cruise (6th on the Wonder). Yes, we love the Wonder!

Booked this weekend with our placeholder from the Dream 2 weeks ago. This will be our 5th DCL and 2nd cruise on the Wonder. The first time was in 2000. Very excited!!!

Booked this cruise this past week after waiting anxiously for the itineraries to come out. We are a family of 5, Me-Tami, AKA mom mid 30's, Dad, upper 30's, Son 11, Son 10, and Daughter 3 (at the time of the cruise) This will be the third Disney cruise for all of us besides my daughter. We were on magic in 2010, and the Fantasy for her second sailing. I have been waiting anxiously to get back one of the ships, and we are finally booked!

Booked this cruise this past week after waiting anxiously for the itineraries to come out. We are a family of 5, Me-Tami, AKA mom mid 30's, Dad, upper 30's, Son 11, Son 10, and Daughter 3 (at the time of the cruise) This will be the third Disney cruise for all of us besides my daughter. We were on magic in 2010, and the Fantasy for her second sailing. I have been waiting anxiously to get back one of the ships, and we are finally booked!

:welcome: We love the Wonder and wish I could be on her sooner, but we have a few trips to WDW and a cruise on the Fantasy before this cruise.

Hello All! Cant wait for this cruise! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and 3rd time on the Wonder. We cant wait to see all her updates. I will be traveling with my boys that will be 8 and 5 at the time of sailing (OMG 8!), and my parents, and our neighbor who is a first time Disney cruiser. After listening to our non stop stories and pictures she said "I'm coming on the next one!" We've never been to any of these ports, so we cant wait to see any tips, suggestions, and photos. Only 434 days!

:welcome: We have been to two of the ports, so we are looking forward to the new ones. Our daughter has not been to any except San Juan. We love visiting Puerto Rico. Looking very forward to it all plus the Wonder.

We are looking forward to new ports Antigua, St Lucia and Curaçao. We loved our beach excursion in Aruba. I think it was Baby Beach.

The new ports for us will be Curacao and Aruba. Looking forward to all of them.

We just did the Wonder / San Juan cruise last winter. It was great. Funny story about our experience. Last winter we did the second of the three cruises (this year we are doing the first of the three). We arrived two days early and booked a really neat hotel in Old San Juan (The Gallery Inn). So we arrived in the afternoon on Friday and were picked up at the airport. Our driver said he had good news and bad news.

The good new is that the Festival of San Sebastian was this week end. It is a street festival with lots of music, parades, etc. Kind of a G rated Mardis Gras. It is very popular and a lot of fun.

The bad new is that all roads in San Juan have been closed for the festival. He can only drive to the edge of the old city. We have to walk from there. My wife is not in good shape for walking. There were no exceptions for the mobility challenged. We had to walk up a steep hill, then about a quarter of a mile to our hotel, dragging our cruise baggage. People did offer to help, but my wife is stubborn and was going to do it on her own. With many a rest break we got there. The walk was along the top of the old city wall, so the views were great.

Street festivals are not our thing. We did enjoy walking around during the festival, and our hotel had balconies that looked out over streets filled with people and the occasional impromptu parades. So we did have fun.

Getting from the hotel to the ship on Sunday was also a problem. The streets were still closed. The hotel put us in a stretched golf cart and got us out early. If we had waited the streets would have been too crowded for the cart to get through. All the taxis had been diverted to a single area and we caught one there. The down side is that we were at the cruise terminal about 3 hours before I wanted to be there.

So what will happen in 2018 on this cruise? The event does not have a date for that year yet, so I am not sure. My best guess is that this cruise will return during the festival. That should not be a problem as it does not dock in old San Juan (at least it didn't last year). It docks on the other side of the channel, so the buses to the airport should not have any issues.

Can't wait for this cruise!! It will be our 4th Disney Cruise and the first time on the Wonder...we have sailed on all 3 other ships and loved them all for different reasons! :) Can't wait to hear about your favorite ports and any prior experiences, as it is our first Southern Caribbean!! SO EXCITED!!

Can't wait for this cruise!! It will be our 4th Disney Cruise and the first time on the Wonder...we have sailed on all 3 other ships and loved them all for different reasons! :) Can't wait to hear about your favorite ports and any prior experiences, as it is our first Southern Caribbean!! SO EXCITED!!

:welcome: Glad you have joined us.

Just booked today! Myself and my 21 yr old daughter. Gold cruisers. Looking forward to all new ports and not going to Cozumel! Lol lol.

Hello all, booked while on the Wonder Dec 9-16. Mostly back on my feet from being sick after a 36 hour adventure trying to get home via plane (blah) - doing a B2B January 9 -14 then this one on the 14th. Looking forward to all the new stops. All new to me; except San Juan.

:welcome: again. Two of the ports will be new to us. Looking forward to San Juan again, we have been there twice.

Just booked this cruise! Went on the Wonder, Southern Itinerary, January 2016. Had a wonderful time. Love the choice of islands! For the last cruise we had trouble getting home due to a blizzard on the east coast. Stayed a little longer in San Juan. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise, 3rd on the Wonder. Love the smaller ships! We are DVC members and are so excited. Three of us again...my son is so happy he will be "21" this time.

Just booked this cruise! Went on the Wonder, Southern Itinerary, January 2016. Had a wonderful time. Love the choice of islands! For the last cruise we had trouble getting home due to a blizzard on the east coast. Stayed a little longer in San Juan. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise, 3rd on the Wonder. Love the smaller ships! We are DVC members and are so excited. Three of us again...my son is so happy he will be "21" this time.

:welcome: glad you have joined us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!