January 2017

My daughter and I will be going in January as well, 22-27, first time for both of us (although I have been to DL a few times but not for about 10 years or so). We are staying at the Swan. I am so super excited, I have been planning this for a year already at least.
And this is my first post tooparty:

My daughter and I will be going in January as well, 22-27, first time for both of us (although I have been to DL a few times but not for about 10 years or so). We are staying at the Swan. I am so super excited, I have been planning this for a year already at least.
And this is my first post tooparty:
Wow! How exciting! The Swan is in a fantastic location. I have never stayed there but I've stayed at Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. You will love being able to walk to the other resorts and to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It's a great time of year to visit, too. And welcome to the DISBoards. There is a ton of info. Let me know if you need help finding something.

Joining the fun!

Hoping to stay around WDW from January 4th to the 15th. We are split between Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's going to be my first trip to WDW and my GF's 3rd return. It's a couples trip so we are excited to see how much the pricing will be!

Going in January on the 7th to the 14th. Staying at CB. Going with DW, DS (18) and DD (8). We last visited Disney when our DD was 2 1/2. She doesn't remember anything. Although we did do the Disney Fantasy cruise in 2013.

Joining the fun!

Hoping to stay around WDW from January 4th to the 15th. We are split between Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's going to be my first trip to WDW and my GF's 3rd return. It's a couples trip so we are excited to see how much the pricing will be!

What great resorts to split your stay at! We are doing our first split stay this trip!

Going in January on the 7th to the 14th. Staying at CB. Going with DW, DS (18) and DD (8). We last visited Disney when our DD was 2 1/2. She doesn't remember anything. Although we did do the Disney Fantasy cruise in 2013.

8'is such a great age! They can ride all the rides and they are a little more independent than a toddler. Have fun!

Only 7 days out from making our ADR's, has everyone gotten everything they wanted for January so far? So excited, I love the planning and anticipation.

Hey everyone

Hopefully you guys can help. My family loves WDW but we just can't handle July anymore. What is the weather like in January?

We love to still enjoy the pool. Is that possible?

8'is such a great age! They can ride all the rides and they are a little more independent than a toddler. Have fun!
Yes we thought the same thing. Our DS who is 18 is happy that his sister is able to get on the big rides now and she like the thrill rides, just like him. So we all will be partnered up when on rides. Also this is our last trip as a family for awhile with our son going to college. It is our sending away gift! He is just as excited and he was when he was 8. (Which make my DW extra happy:yay:)
January cannot come soon enough!

Thanks!!
What's the weather like? Shorts?
Both my DS and I are hot blooded and coming from a northern state, we are used to the cold. And love it when it is 40-50 degrees. My DS wears shorts all year round, even when it is snowing!
Bring a sweatshirt for early morning. Chilly in the morning but comfortable in the afternoon.
A friend of ours went one time and they had frost warnings. They had to go out and buy a heavier jacket.

Jan 17th-Jan 25th just booked! anxiously awaiting discounts to be released. Also, slightly excited that there should be a new nighttime parade (though I will miss The Main St Electrical parade :worried:)

I'm heading there Jan 18-22nd! I was going to hold off on booking to see if discounts will be offered. I hear they should be popping up soon but I spoke with someone via chat on WDW that confirmed I could add the discount on later if I book now. Now I just need to pick my resort!

January 25-30, DH 66th birthday. I finally got lucky and was able to book a room category that I've always coveted, BWI Deluxe Club level. There are only 8 rooms in that category, all looking directly out at the Boardwalk. I haven't told him yet, he'll be excited. I booked Hoop Dee Do
on his actual birthday, category 1 seats, should be right by the stage. It's not my thing but it's his so.....the sacrifices we make.....:love:

You c
I'm heading there Jan 18-22nd! I was going to hold off on booking to see if discounts will be offered. I hear they should be popping up soon but I spoke with someone via chat on WDW that confirmed I could add the discount on later if I book now. Now I just need to pick my resort!
an add on the discount when it comes out, but be aware that you may have to switch to a different resort or different category of room or possibly a different ticket option when it's released. It all depends on which rooms are available for the discount, but switching it is easy peasey when it applies. I've done it a few times in the past.be comfortable with your total when u book, then if you get a decent discount be happy, or maybe you'll end up with a mid over a value for the same package cost that you book now.

We are flying in 1/1 (Red Eye from CA), staying 1 night, cruising for 4 days on the Dream, then back to the park for 5 more days. We are at the Dolphin for 1/1 and currently at CR for the last part. Depending on the discounts that come out, we may change. We have our ADR's booked and I'm so excited to book my FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter