January 2018 Weight Loss Challenge

Oh! It would be a splurge. We absolutely adore Boma and go there every time, so I would have to go someplace new. Trouble is I'm not sure where that would be. I'd probably get a fancy salad of something I'd never make at home or maybe a nice juicy steak (something else I never cook!). Maybe someplace with a view of something spectacular. That would be fun! pixiedust:

I think I am going to bow out of challenge now. life just became too hard for the moment. thanks for letting me post in here. my mom passed away yesterday and i am kind of lost. it was out of the blue. woman had been incredibly healthy her whole life. she was hiking, told those with her it was so beautiful, then just collapsed. i don't want to exercise. i just want to cry. i wish all of you the best in your weight loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. Just remember we will all be here for you.

So last week was bad. I was lazy on the days that I had free time but I was eating ok. It got a little crazy towards the end of the week. Thursday I took my daughter to the Dr. everything ended up being ok and normal but this mom was not ready for her daughter to grow up. I do have to say her emotions have finally seemed to have leveled off. Drop offs have been super easy and she won't let me give her a kiss on the cheek goodbye now.

I am going to back at it starting today. I can't get to the rec since DD has riding tonight but I will do something at home. I have already walked from my car to work so I got about an extra 500-1000 steps this morning and I am planning to walk to my car this afternoon. The weather has warmed up for today and maybe tomorrow but then will drop to about 30 before going back to 50 next weekend. It will give us a chance to get outside.

I think I am going to bow out of challenge now. life just became too hard for the moment. thanks for letting me post in here. my mom passed away yesterday and i am kind of lost. it was out of the blue. woman had been incredibly healthy her whole life. she was hiking, told those with her it was so beautiful, then just collapsed. i don't want to exercise. i just want to cry. i wish all of you the best in your weight loss.

I'm so sorry for you and your family. In the midst of your pain and mourning, do take care of yourself.

Playing catch up because I was out Friday - again.

How do I get back on track? Make the decision to just do it, its all about my choices - making them and sticking to them.

If I could eat anywhere at Disney? My favorites shift and change each trip, so it's hard to say... I guess since its early here I'll go for breakfast at Garden Grille, since it would mean I would be seeing my boy Chip and also that I had a fun day ahead of me.

So, I was out again on Friday feeling crappy, and was out of sorts all weekend as well - then this morning while I was waking up feeling crappy again I finally figured it out. A couple weeks ago I took the quilt off my bed and switched to the down comforter... I don't eat eggs or chicken so why oh why am I sleeping under chicken feathers! And why oh why did it take me so long to connect the dots... I've been in this pace before, so I should have recognized it sooner. In addition to being stuffy and congested like a head cold is coming on, I've had headaches, I wake up with a puffy/swollen face, and ache from head to toe. Even when I had the quilt on the bed, I had the down comforter folded across the foot of the bed and I'll bet that is the core reason my feet have been aching for the past few months. I can't wait to get home and strip everything down. I feel like such a weight has been lifted, I'm actually giddy.

As part of the course I'm taking we draw daily intention cards, that give us something to focus on. I like to draw them "blind", so that I'm not picking and choosing, they are being given to me. Three times last week I drew the "sacrificing" card, which really threw me for a loop. I think in terms of releasing but never sacrificing... I even had to look up the definition to make sure I was getting the right message. After chewing on it for a couple days, what I've come up with is to do a little sacrificial ceremony, where I write out what I am sacrificing and what will take its place and then burn it. One of the things I'm sacrificing is the extra weight I'm carrying around. I've never come at it from this perspective before, but it is feeling pretty darn powerful. I am choosing to carry around this extra weight so I have to give up the reasons why and the weight itself before the weight will come off.

Happy Monday everyone!

Last edited:
So, I was out again on Friday feeling crappy, and was out of sorts all weekend as well - then this morning while I was waking up feeling crappy again I finally figured it out. A couple weeks ago I took the quilt off my bed and switched to the down comforter... I don't eat eggs or chicken so why oh why am I sleeping under chicken feathers! And why oh why did it take me so long to connect the dots... I've been in this pace before, so I should have recognized it sooner. In addition to being stuffy and congested like a head cold is coming on, I've had headaches, I wake up with a puffy/swollen face, and ache from head to toe. Even when I had the quilt on the bed, I had the down comforter folded across the foot of the bed and I'll bet that is the core reason my feet have been aching for the past few months. I can't wait to get home and strip everything down. I feel like such a weight has been lifted, I'm actually giddy.

So glad you figured it out! It'll likely take time to feel better, but that's so great!

As part of the course I'm taking we draw daily intention cards, that give us something to focus on. I like to draw them "blind", so that I'm not picking and choosing, they are being given to me. Three times last week I drew the "sacrificing" card, which really threw me for a loop. I think in terms of releasing but never sacrificing... I even had to look up the definition to make sure I was getting the right message. After chewing on it for a couple days, what I've come up with is to do a little sacrificial ceremony, where I write out what I am sacrificing and what will take its place and then burn it. One of the things I'm sacrificing is the extra weight I'm carrying around. I've never come at it form this perspective before, but it is feeling pretty darn powerful. I am choosing to carry around this extra weight so I have to to give up the reasons why and the weight itself before the weight will come off.

It's really been an interesting journey for me "this time around." So often I'd do the diets and then play games with, "okay, so how much food can I eat and stay within my points?" (this is the first time I'm dieting outside of WW). I never really thought of losing weight as being a "sacrifice," but this time I'm telling myself (when I don't feel like doing diet/exercise) to keep my promise. I realized that keep my promises to DH, kids, work, everyone but myself. I haven't yet figured out why, but there it is.

I think there's some comfort in the extra weight, somehow. So it would make sense that losing it would be sacrificial. Really interesting thought.

I am so so sorry to hear this! Like everyone else has said, we are all here for support.

I am so sorry for your loss.

If you could eat any where on Disney Property either coast where would you eat and what would be on your plate. Is this a splug or does it fit in with you eatting plan

So many places to chose from but I'm going with Trattoria Al Forno on the Board Walk in WDW. I would have to stuffed manicotti and big meatball plate! Total splurge for this Italian girl who isn't eating pasta right now!! :)

Just finished week 3 on WW Freestyle and I was down 2.5lbs this week, 12.5 total since January 1st. I'm very pleased with my progress but I seriously need to get active and drink more water so those are my goals for this week.

As part of the course I'm taking we draw daily intention cards, that give us something to focus on. I like to draw them "blind", so that I'm not picking and choosing, they are being given to me. Three times last week I drew the "sacrificing" card, which really threw me for a loop. I think in terms of releasing but never sacrificing... I even had to look up the definition to make sure I was getting the right message. After chewing on it for a couple days, what I've come up with is to do a little sacrificial ceremony, where I write out what I am sacrificing and what will take its place and then burn it. One of the things I'm sacrificing is the extra weight I'm carrying around. I've never come at it form this perspective before, but it is feeling pretty darn powerful. I am choosing to carry around this extra weight so I have to to give up the reasons why and the weight itself before the weight will come off.

This resonates deeply with me.... I hadn't framed it like this in my mind, but it's true for me -- on my journey, I am trying to sacrifice my excuses. I LOOOOOVE my excuses and I loooooove hanging onto them. My hip hurts sometimes when I exercise, my back hurts sometimes when I exercise, I am fluffy because everyone in my family is, I just love food too much, food is a deep part of my culture, I don't have time to work out, excuse/event XYZ is more important than going to the gym today, today special occasion XYZ so I can eat what I want .... the list goes on and on and on and on. Some where I read it, and I loved it so much I put it on the whiteboard at my desk -- Make progress, not excuses. I know for me, I have to be careful not to fall for my own excuses. I like the idea of a little sacrificial ceremony to solidify the abstract idea of sacrificing these intangible ideas!

Let's see... This weekend was amazing. Our party was so much fun. It was 20's themed and everyone dressed up (which I love that kind of thing) and I was just all around thrilled at how it all came together. Now ... I have been eating on the leftover baked ziti, cannolis, and cake.... BUT I am having a little get together to finish those off so I don't keep eating them! LOL!

Tonight is DH's real birthday, so we will be going out, but yay! He wants fish, which is a good lighter option!

QOTD: If we could eat anywhere, it would be definitely be a splurge and I would go to Yachtsman Steakhouse. I love their porterhouse! I don't even eat the sides other than a few mushrooms on top. Just that steak and a glass of wine and I am set!

240 at least i didn't go up..
238 mobetter! :)
237 (was worried this might be more... :) )
238 (.0, still... sufferin' succatash!)
238 (.0 again, i think the battery on this scale is getting flaky.. >:()
237.6... was able to get some walking in yesterday... about a mile... better than nuffin i suppose!
236.6 mobetter! 3 days of walking in a row... just warm enough... ;)
236.2 (yippee)... too cold to walk today.. :(
235.8 (momentum!) :yay:
235.6 :rolleyes1
234.6 o_O (uncharted territory!)
234.6 .... holding pattern

234.8 :guilty:

You guys are all so amazing. I love reading your posts.

Over a year ago I decided to cut calories/be healthier about breakfast. I now eat Greek yogurt instead of cereal. Have you replaced a meal/snack with something healthier?

Well, its Woohoo Tuesday for me! Last night I striped down the bed, taking off the down comforter and the down pillows and putting fresh bedding on, including a new celebratory quit I bought on the way home, because I was so happy I figured this all out. This morning, for the first time in weeks, I wasn't dead tired and achy when I got up... a huge improvement for just the first night, and its only going to get better! I feel like this is a re-set that will really help me to get back on track.

Have I replaced a meal/snack with something healthier? I've kind of been in to beets lately, and like to get a container of beet salad at the grocery store, then munch on it for a snack.

Accountability:
Simplify eating...
right now I'm just feeding my body well, getting the right balance of quality protein and veggies - yesterday lunch was a steak salad and today it will be salmon and grilled veggies. This is being accomplished by eating out not thru meal planning, but I feel like its what my body needs right now, as I recover from the stress and inflammation caused by the down/feather fiasco.
No Starbucks... no comment
Daily practice... I am pulling my intention cards daily and journaling, so I get points here.
Meditative walks... my feet are still tender this morning but I anticipate that they will be feeling much better in a couple days, so I see some serious walking coming up this weekend. And somehow I got in 11,000 steps yesterday.

237.6... was able to get some walking in yesterday... about a mile... better than nuffin i suppose!

234.4 mobetter :)

Woohoo... it's Wednesday and there isn't a river of water pouring out of the sky!

At work I've just had a break thru in an issue I've been chasing for a couple weeks, and a personnel issue that was stalling work on a project I'm working on has been resolved, so things can start moving forward.

I ended up having a pretty heavy dairy day yesterday, so I don't feel quite as fabulous this morning as I'd like, but today will be a balanced relatively dairy-free day.

My favorite hotel down at the beach has some pretty awesome off-season winter rates, so I'm mapping out when I want to go down in late Feb or early March... this will be instead of going to Bend OR, since it'll be a fraction of the cost and a much shorter drive.

Happy Wednesday everyone - make it a healthful woohoo-able one!

234.4 mobetter :)

234.8 :mad: (it's like DejaVu all over again!)

I ma not woohooing much today. I am not feeling the greatest. I am at least better then this morning. I am woohoo that my dd made it to the second round of the Geography Bee. She stays after school today to see if she makes it to another round. 4 can't get here quick enough. I am nervous for her.

I ma not woohooing much today. I am not feeling the greatest. I am at least better then this morning. I am woohoo that my dd made it to the second round of the Geography Bee. She stays after school today to see if she makes it to another round. 4 can't get here quick enough. I am nervous for her.

Best wishes for your DD!

And thanks for posting. I'm not feelin' it today, either. I skipped out on the fitness center this morning for a really STUPID reason. Yesterday I walked too far with my sneaker tied too tight and apparently hurt the top of my foot, and it's radiating to the bottom of my foot. It's feeling a little better this afternoon, but it's unlikely I'm going to make my step goal today. Grrr.....

Best wishes for your DD!

And thanks for posting. I'm not feelin' it today, either. I skipped out on the fitness center this morning for a really STUPID reason. Yesterday I walked too far with my sneaker tied too tight and apparently hurt the top of my foot, and it's radiating to the bottom of my foot. It's feeling a little better this afternoon, but it's unlikely I'm going to make my step goal today. Grrr.....

My feet hurt a lot. It is the worst. I am hoping that losing weight will help. I did go for a walk with DH at lunch and that seemed to help but I am going to rest the rest of the night. I think this is just my normal digestive issues. I thought this morning it was going to be the flu. I am not feeling sick to my stomach anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter