*** January 2019 Thread ***

Are your parents linked to your my disney experience, theres a chance you could do them now

They are linked but everytime I added them to the party before making fastpasses the system said fastpasses couldn’t be made for them. They have a room and ticket “package” so that could be why but it’s frustrating.

@DisSteve89, there are so many cool ones on Etsy! It’s hard to choose. :-) I might got for a Toy Story themed one this time since it will be the first time I’ll be at the new land.

There’s so many!! :O Will be fun trying to pick one before our trip.

I can’t wait to check out Toy Story Land. We’ve been avoiding all promotional media / videos / vlogs etc. so we can go in with fresh eyes. :D

Congratulations to those that obtained their fastpasses :)

I'm hoping Disney will release the Frozen Dessert Party January schedule soon as well as the workshops/seminars for the Art Festival. Our FP selections aren't until the 26th so there's time but it just makes me so anxious!

Anyone else planning or have booked a dessert party yet?

I can’t wait to check out Toy Story Land. We’ve been avoiding all promotional media / videos / vlogs etc. so we can go in with fresh eyes. :D
We've been doing kind of the same with Pandora at AK :) We won't be visiting HS until Dec. 2019 but we haven't visited AK since 2016 before Pandora opened. We still haven't seen ROL, which I'm definitely not watching online.

Last edited:
I am thinking about booking the Frozen Dessert Party for Jan 18th. All depends on if they add EMM at HS to Fridays in January. Fingers crossed!

Congratulations to those that obtained their fastpasses :)

I'm hoping Disney will release the Frozen Dessert Party January schedule soon as well as the workshops/seminars for the Art Festival. Our FP selections aren't until the 26th so there's time but it just makes me so anxious!

Anyone else planning or have booked a dessert party yet?

We've been doing kind of the same with Pandora at AK :) We won't be visiting HS until Dec. 2019 but we haven't visited AK since 2016 before Pandora opened. We still haven't seen ROL, which I'm definitely not watching online.

You’ll love Pandora! :D We got to experience it last year, but still haven’t seen RoL, so that’s something we’re looking forward to this trip.

We booked the HEA After Fireworks Dessert Party for the final night of our trip. Haven’t done the Frozen Dessert Party personally, but it looks fantastic. Fingers crossed you get to enjoy it on your trip! :)

There’s been discussion about the vinyls for magicbands...I bought some for ours, mine is a haunted mansion wallpaper my son decided he wanted one that is Mickey, hubs is Star Wars and my daughter is all the princesses. I’m excited about them.

Anyone know how tall the bars are for height checks? DD is measuring right at 40 in with shoes..(like do the bars or sticks used to measure are exactly at the 40 in mark for 40 in rides or is it hit and miss depending on rides and whatnot?)

Last edited:
There’s been discussion about the vinyls for magicbands...I bought some for ours, mine is a haunted mansion wallpaper my son decided he wanted one that is Mickey, hubs is Star Wars and my daughter is all the princesses. I’m excited about them.

Anyone know how tall the bars are for height checks? DD is measuring right at 40 in with shoes..(like do the bars or sticks used to measure are exactly at the 40 in mark for 40 in rides or is it hit and miss depending on rides and whatnot?)

For the rides,its going to depend on the Cast Member and the ride.

Did you guys see that Disney announced Disney After Hours for Hollywood and Animal Kingdom!
I would love to do After Hours at the Animal Kingdom. I wonder how it would work with everyone flocking to FOP. Would it be worth it to pay for tickets and spend time in a long queue? Or am I totally off base here?

I would love to do After Hours at the Animal Kingdom. I wonder how it would work with everyone flocking to FOP. Would it be worth it to pay for tickets and spend time in a long queue? Or am I totally off base here?

Thats my biggest question, i'd like to wait to see what the reviews are before I purchase a ticket

So I'm kind of annoyed... we always get our Military Salute tickets from the rec. center on base here (which I'm totally thankful we can get this great discount) but when I called to see if they had the 2019 tickets in or if I'd have to come in and order them (I've had both scenarios in the past) they said they would not be receiving them until January! I know I have got them in the past before the current year is up for the following year- for Jan., Feb., and March trips. I just like to have everything paid off before we go. It never really was an issue before but now I want to have them ahead of time to make fp+ picks.

I guess I can keep checking back, but for those who have been in Jan. since fp+ started, how likely is it that I will be able to get good fp+ picks for 2 people less than two weeks from the trip? TIA[/QU
You can order tix from SOG and pay to have them FedEx to you which will give you a better time frame for FP+ There is an online form; check the blog www.militarydisneytips.com for details. I felt lucky to also get the Armed Forces Salute discount on lodging for Jan.

As time passes the chances of adding my parents to our previously selected fastpasses seem less likely :( Our Hollywood Studios day both Star Tours and Tower of Terror are gone, fastpasses for tier 2 at Epcot are gone in the morning (and living with the land are completely gone...so weird...) Meet Ariel is gone, 7 dwarves mine ride is gone. After I saw those I stopped checking the rest of our days...Either we'll need to revise or leave my parents to fend for themselves...they are also on vacation with my sister at Disneyland this week so I can't talk to them about it until they come back on Monday and even then they might not be willing to talk...ugh wish the system would have just allowed me to book them too...

As time passes the chances of adding my parents to our previously selected fastpasses seem less likely :( Our Hollywood Studios day both Star Tours and Tower of Terror are gone, fastpasses for tier 2 at Epcot are gone in the morning (and living with the land are completely gone...so weird...) Meet Ariel is gone, 7 dwarves mine ride is gone. After I saw those I stopped checking the rest of our days...Either we'll need to revise or leave my parents to fend for themselves...they are also on vacation with my sister at Disneyland this week so I can't talk to them about it until they come back on Monday and even then they might not be willing to talk...ugh wish the system would have just allowed me to book them too...

@lookame, you may have some luck rearranging things closer to the trip or while you are there... it does stink that you couldn’t add them on right away.

I’m so excited! We just upgraded our reservation from AoA to a 1 bedroom villa at SSR! When the AP discounts came out, I looked at switching and decided the price difference just wasn’t in our budget this time. But I’ve been job hunting for the last few months and today I was offered a position at my dream company. Plus DH looks to be on track for a big promotion in a couple months so we decided to treat ourselves!

I’m so excited! We just upgraded our reservation from AoA to a 1 bedroom villa at SSR! When the AP discounts came out, I looked at switching and decided the price difference just wasn’t in our budget this time. But I’ve been job hunting for the last few months and today I was offered a position at my dream company. Plus DH looks to be on track for a big promotion in a couple months so we decided to treat ourselves!

@ksibrel, that’s awesome, congratulations! I updated the roll call to SSR.

I worried about fastpasses so much for my parents but I actually could just add them without to many issues. I had to move around 7 dwarves mine to after our Ariel meet and slinky dog to 2:55 pm (making me have to move tower of terror to 4:55 pm so we can spend some time in each area and not trace the entire park back and forth) but it’s ok. Hollywood studios day kind of sucks with how it flows now but you know what...we all got fastpasses and I don’t have to worry about my parents being left out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!