*** January 2019 Thread ***

We got back a few days ago.

What an amazing rush. I'm still not adjusted to the Real World. I still keep checking wait times. I'm already wanting to plan our next trip!--but sad about it, because I know it'll be another two years at least. (And odds are good it would be a big group trip, which would be fun too, but I really loved this trip being just us. A lot easier to keep track of, to decide what to do, where to go, what to eat. And BFF can keep up with me better than a lot of my friends can.)

I want to do a proper write-up later when I have more time, but for now...it was very nearly perfect (I flew too close to the sun a couple of times). Even the rain we had on the first day--it meant we got to WALK ON to Slinky Dog Dash twice in a row! I hadn't even booked FP for us because it looked like such a kiddie coaster, but I know better now!

I wish we could have stayed longer. I regret not having more full days in Epcot. Next time, that's definitely on the list. As well as better shoe inserts. I really thought these would be fine. Mistake.

We just got back yesterday. We had a wonderful time but BOY was it way more crowded than we anticipated. We are planning to go back in about 3 years and will be going in September again. While it was very hot, we got so much done during the school time.

We did see a lot of Quincineara groups from Brazil and Argentina, so the 40+ girl packs were everywhere! LOL.
We loved our stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and now want to stay deluxe for our whole stay next time. We think we might stick to only 4 park days as the 5th day seemed too much for us.

We learned a few things for next time: NO connecting flights (too much hassle with two littles), we will include 2-3 break/resort days. This time we arrived, on Saturday, used Sunday as an 'acclimation' day with no parks and went to Disney Springs instead then did MK, DHS, break, AK, Epcot.

My goal for next trip is to stay at an Epcot area resort - looking at the Boardwalk. It has a great central location. If we end up staying at a moderate, we'll likely stay the Caribbean Beach.

We did see a lot of Quincineara groups from Brazil and Argentina, so the 40+ girl packs were everywhere! LOL.

Holy cats, SO MANY QUINCINEARAS!

Blew my mind how the chaperones could keep track of them all. Bless 'em, I'm pretty sure they spent the entire morning waiting for FoP on our AK day.

I want to do a proper write-up later when I have more time, but for now...it was very nearly perfect (I flew too close to the sun a couple of times). Even the rain we had on the first day--it meant we got to WALK ON to Slinky Dog Dash twice in a row! I hadn't even booked FP for us because it looked like such a kiddie coaster, but I know better now!

I'm pretty sure that was the day that I checked wait times and was thinking that we totally chose the wrong week to go since all of the big headliners were either walk ons or very short waits. Then I checked the weather... ha! Glad you were able to take advantage of it!

We had our trip from Jan 26-Feb 2 and it was so amazing! We haven't been since 2016 so I have to admit I have never seen the crowds this high and we did have a cold week but seeing my 1 year old run straight for Mickey, arms wide open and give him a kiss on the nose made it the absolute best. I also noticed the surge of South American tourists but never had any issues. And all of the veteran Disney parents and grandparents were so unbelievably kind and supportive, we had a great week! So great in fact, we booked a September trip! Thanks to all the January travelers for your suggestions and reports!

We had our trip from Jan 26-Feb 2 and it was so amazing! We haven't been since 2016 so I have to admit I have never seen the crowds this high and we did have a cold week but seeing my 1 year old run straight for Mickey, arms wide open and give him a kiss on the nose made it the absolute best. I also noticed the surge of South American tourists but never had any issues. And all of the veteran Disney parents and grandparents were so unbelievably kind and supportive, we had a great week! So great in fact, we booked a September trip! Thanks to all the January travelers for your suggestions and reports!

I love when people book their next trip right away! So glad you had a magical experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!