January 2020

MelissaS8

Earning My Ears
Hi guys! I haven't posted in forever, but we are planning a big trip in January 2020. First time since 2007!

So someone mentioned to me that it may be difficult to get a campsite at FW. The website doesn't even show availability outside of 2019.

What do you guys think?

To get a reservation for 2020, you need to call the reservation number. You can book a reservation 499 days from your check out date. Once Disney releases the new resort prices for the year, I believe sometime in May or June then then you will be able to book online for 2020. And if you are planning for January, I would be calling now.

Hey Melissa! Whereya been?

< jk > :teeth:

January 2020, like snowmedic says, hasn't been loaded online and won't be until 2020 rates are announced this summer sometime. However, you can, as he says, call and book January 2020 at 2019 rates which will later adjust to the later 2020 rates once announced. The 500 day rule does apply (you can book over the phone up to 500 days from the check OUT day from WDW).

There are some difficult times in January to book even well in advance (my purpose for posting).

First, is right after New Years. Still got that holiday no-work, no-school crowd wanting to go to WDW. Book well in advance.

Second, during the WDW Marathon week 2020 which is Jan 8-12 (Wed-Sun). Been there, done that (a couple times). The resorts book up for the run weekend early. Parks aren't that much busier but reservations at the resorts fill up (including the Fort) about a year in advance.

Third, MLK weekend (3rd Monday of the month usually) means a three day weekend for many which means the resorts (and parks) are busier that weekend.

So book early, book now, and if you can avoid the three times above, so much the better.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Hi Melissa and congratulations on your upcoming trip. Both Snowmedic and BamaEd are right, you will have to call WDW directly to book for January 2020. I was able to book for our January 2020 trip last week with no problems. Good luck and see you real soon!

I already booked May 2020 with no problems. Booked a couple extra days just in case I can talk DH into it. Have fun on your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter