January 26th, 2018 5-Night Bahamian on Magic

We are flying into Miami a few days before. Looking forward to hanging out on Miami Beach and touring around a bit. We are likely using Uber for our transport although I admit that it is a detail I haven't given alot of thought too?!?!

A question to those who may be more familiar with Miami....our return flight home leaves MIA at 12:30, we were going to do the walk-off disembark as early as possible. I know Disney says no flights before noon - is 12:30 cutting it close? We were a little short on options that day as we have to connect (Canadian) and the options were a bit slim to get us home same day. (Also connecting in Chicago.....in January......yikes!)

Where is everyone else flying in from?

It should only be about a 20 minute drive, as long as no accidents express walk-off should have you there in plenty of time. That is assuming the ship docks on time, which is always a concern. Our flight is 1:40 so if there is a delay we will be fretting right along with you!

We are flying direct from Detroit Metro. Our last Disney cruise (2004) we had connecting flights and a relatively minor hour long delay turned in to an 8 hour delay when factoring in missed connection and car service delays. We avoid that when possible now. Luckily Detroit has direct flights to FLL, MIA, and MCO, our most traveled to destinations for the next several years :D

We are flying out of Philadelphia, our return flight is at 1:00 so we will be doing express walk off to catch Uber back to Fort Lauderdale. We haven't even cruised yet and we are talking about getting home! :(

We are flying out of Washington DC and our flight departs MIA at 12:10. I called Disney yesterday to ask if this was cutting it too close and they said it was fine for a cruise out of/coming into Miami. We are going to uber as well to MIA (I believe it is estimated at $16 for uber and $27 for a taxi).
I just bought my daughter an Elena of Avalor dress ;)

Oh I love hearing the details!! Makes it seem so much more real (the waiting.....argh!) I have someone reading over my shoulder who just read "Elena dress" and is squealing with delight! Can't wait to pack up all the princess dresses....keep checking the "days until cruise" counter and time seems to be standing still! :)

Hey everyone! It will take me a bit to go through all the posts (I'm late to the party)

Just confirmed our booking!

Our family of 5 - DH, myself, dd-11, ds-8 (almost 9), and dd-6
This is all our children's first cruise, and only #2 for DH & I (I was 5 months pregnant on my first cruise)

I would love to take part in the FE program.

I just purchased the remaining Disney gift cards from BJ's to pay off our cruise. Since using them, the cash back bonus from my credit cards, Disney credit card $200 promotion and I purchased someone's $650 Disney rewards card for $500 so my grandson ends up not costing me anything! I also got 5 plane tickets for $55 total using the Southwest credit card promotional points. My Disney credit card will have Disney dollars in the amount that I need for all of our gratuities to be paid as well---so I think I am ready!
Yes, I booked this cruise when it first came out so I had time to plan how I could save everywhere! I have 2 rooms booked but only one room with my 27 yo daughter, 24 yo son and 5yo grandson will be participating in Fish Extender--I am just having fun shopping for everyone! Happy Thursday.

So with this being shortly after Christmas my one thought was Disney Gift Cards (family always asking for ideas for kids) Can GC be used on the Cruise?

We are flying from Northern Ontario to Miami on the Thursday, but only flights get us in quite late. I have still yet to book a hotel, being a family of 5 and since we have two staterooms it would be better to book on my own. If anyone has suggestions they would be appreciated.

Has anyone else here tried those new style full face snorkel? Again thinking of Christmas (it is getting harder every year). I was going to get myself a regular set, but thinking the kids might benefit from the full face if it works as good as they say.
26-027-109_02.jpg

We are flying into Miami a few days before. Looking forward to hanging out on Miami Beach and touring around a bit. We are likely using Uber for our transport although I admit that it is a detail I haven't given alot of thought too?!?!

A question to those who may be more familiar with Miami....our return flight home leaves MIA at 12:30, we were going to do the walk-off disembark as early as possible. I know Disney says no flights before noon - is 12:30 cutting it close? We were a little short on options that day as we have to connect (Canadian) and the options were a bit slim to get us home same day. (Also connecting in Chicago.....in January......yikes!)

Where is everyone else flying in from?

We too are from Canada! We are already on edge about the flights in January too!

I know I am posting lots, trying to get myself to that magical number ;)

Any other Canadians know if I can get a 'real' Caesar onboard?

Post away!! :) Not sure about the Caesar as we are first-timers (oh how I hope someone posts YES! to that question!! - I am with you on the "real" Caesar!!) Anyone know for sure?

Has anyone done Balmoral Island or blue lagoon in Nassau? I've been reading about the excursions and it seems like there's a lot of transit time v beach time. Last cruise, we stayed on the ship and I'd like to get off but I am not one to enjoy transit time with a 4 year old! Is downtown Nassau itself worth seeing for at least lunch?

Has anyone done Balmoral Island or blue lagoon in Nassau? I've been reading about the excursions and it seems like there's a lot of transit time v beach time. Last cruise, we stayed on the ship and I'd like to get off but I am not one to enjoy transit time with a 4 year old! Is downtown Nassau itself worth seeing for at least lunch?
This is my first time at Nassau, so I could not tell you. However I do know I want to get more info on the Nassau stop. I saw some of the costs of the Atlantis excursion and STICKER SHOCK! I want to get off the ship for a bit, even to just a close local beach.

Post away!! :) Not sure about the Caesar as we are first-timers (oh how I hope someone posts YES! to that question!! - I am with you on the "real" Caesar!!) Anyone know for sure?
I posted in the general area and I was told not likely :( Might have to see how I can bring on some Clamato and trimmings ;) I'll buy straight vodka and mix myself!

Not sure if it helps anyone but for what it is worth - for Nassau we have booked a room at the Comfort Inn that gives full access to Atlantis. I can't verify for sure that it will work but I read this trick on the boards....book a room, you probably will never get in the room (check in is 3pm but they let you "check in" and get wristbands for Atlantis whenever you arrive)...then you can access Atlantis for the full day. You just give them directions to check you out late in the day and really never set foot in your room there. I called the hotel and they verified that we can get our Atlantis passes as early as we arrive and that they are aware that many people do this?!?!

For a room for our family we are paying $233. Cheaper than the excursion price for 1 person with only partial access to Atlantis. (Again disclosure: haven't done it yet....but we are going to try!!!!) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter