January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

I've been stalking since Monday. Booked 3 nights post cruise at the end of February 2018, and continued to look
for a 35% Disney Visa discount at a Deluxe. This afternoon I changed my Value Disney Visa Discount to a Deluxe Accessible Pool View with queen and bunk beds Disney Visa discount 35% at AKL . I don't need the bunk beds but that was the only accessible available when I last looked.
Pre cruise I am staying with rack at All Star Movies accessible since 2 of my days are blacked out
and only got a slight discount on Feb 15th, 2018.

well my stalking payed off, I just changed to the Yacht Club garden view accessible for the same
price as the AKL Pool View still using the 35% Disney Visa room only discount. This is challenging
but fun. The website was wacky for the past two days but I was able to use the change feature
on the current reservation.\Update: I realize that this is one of the dog friendly hotels, but we will take our chance. I love the location.

Last edited:
well my stalking payed off, I just changed to the Yacht Club standard accessible for the same
price as the AKL Pool View still using the 35% Disney Visa room only discount. This is challenging
but fun. The website was wacky for the past two days but I was able to use the change feature
on the current reservation.\Update: I realize that this is one of the dog friendly hotels, but we will take our chance. I love the location.
congrats! It’s always good to see a discount stalking success story.
After my initial dismay over pet friendly hotels, I think the pet fee (particularly at yacht club, where it’s a whopping $75/night) is going to keep the actual number of dogs on property down.

If there are people still looking try Undercover Tourist. I've been using them for years for tickets and didn't even realize they sold rooms. I saw a link to them on Mouse Savors. Most of the rooms they had were about $10 less a night than the Gift of Magic prices, but I did find a few that were much more. There is an AKL room for my dates that I'm seriously debating switching to which is over $100 less a night than the Gift of Magic price.

Is it better to stalk the site to see if rooms open up or call daily? I’m looking to add a day to my trip in January and possibly switch resorts.

Same availability so I'd say stalking the website is much easier.
This! I check the website until something resembling the discount I want pops up, and if I can’t get the resort I want, I’ll call just to check and see if I’m missing something. More often than not, what online is what is available.

If there are people still looking try Undercover Tourist. I've been using them for years for tickets and didn't even realize they sold rooms. I saw a link to them on Mouse Savors. Most of the rooms they had were about $10 less a night than the Gift of Magic prices, but I did find a few that were much more. There is an AKL room for my dates that I'm seriously debating switching to which is over $100 less a night than the Gift of Magic price.
Wow. If I could find a deal that is $100 per night? Already switched. :love:

Wow, thanks for this post. I went on and was able to book the Legoland Hotel for $50 cheaper plus free cancellation, something the resort doesn't offer!

Wow, thanks for the information. Undercover Tourist is even cheaper than my normal place I book WDW rooms at (Orbitz) with their usual 15% discounts. Just booked my rooms for February. Although it is only cheaper by $16, every little bit counts.

We finally stopped looking and went "travel agent." There was nothing for us at Pop. The Disney deals are really frustrating. It seems ridiculous to have to keep waiting and watching for a deal. I guess it's just the Disney way. I'm tired of the process quite frankly, but I'm in there with everyone else trying to save a bit of money.

Me too! Without exaggeration I'm sure I refresh the site 30-50 times a day looking for a PSD offer. If it ever shows up I hope I don't hit 'refresh' again, not believing my eyes!!!
I'm pulling for you! :thumbsup2 I really hope you end up getting exactly what you want, you've been so helpful on this thread to so many!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!