January/February 2021 cruises gone off the website

Our January 4th, 4-night cruise on the Dream is gone from our My Reservation page!!!!.
Guess we will not even get a chance to be guinea pigs.
:(
We were on the same cruise and were wondering if we would be the guinea pigs as well- just wasn't in the cards for us

Got the official word.
No cruise for us in January 2021.

Interesting that they officially cancelled up to end of January but also removed but did not cancel February. Staggering the refund process or limiting the amount of people who can book? I'm assuming the first option but only the mouse knows for sure.

Just called DCL, had a couple of things to take care.
Lucy was most helpful and assured me the Oct 16-24, 2021 HOTHS is still a go!! 🤗
Not to be negative, but phone reps usually only give DCL official announced info so that doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't take it for gospel, though. With that cruise pulled from the website for any new bookings, and considering the expected rules once cruising resumes, I'd be highly surprised if it actually goes as planned. I recommend you keep an eye on things to see how other longer cruises are handled -- it could be shortened or it could be canceled completely.

We were cancelled this morning via email. The one thing i wasnt clear on however, is that the FCC is 125% of your fare, so not including taxes and port fees. Are taxes and port fees refunded? Or do those stay on file as well, just not subject to the 125%?

We were cancelled this morning via email. The one thing i wasnt clear on however, is that the FCC is 125% of your fare, so not including taxes and port fees. Are taxes and port fees refunded? Or do those stay on file as well, just not subject to the 125%?
My tax and port fees were refunded back to my original payment card about 2 weeks after I got the cancellation email. I had already rebooked a new cruise with the FCC at that stage.

My tax and port fees were refunded back to my original payment card about 2 weeks after I got the cancellation email. I had already rebooked a new cruise with the FCC at that stage.
Thanks! Now to find a new cruise to book!

So far Feb 20 is still on my reservations page.
Unfortunately it won't happen. Ports still closed in the US for cruising. They have to go through a very hard test the have to rehire and train. CDC doesn't want cruises so will take a long time to go them going. 2022 is my prediction. They will require vaccinations im sure.

Our 3-night Jan 8 2021 cruise on the Dream is no longer showing on my reservations.
On one hand. Cool, looking forward to that cruise credit.
On the other hand: this was going to be my first cruise. (ever!) :sad:
You were intended to go on a 4 day. I just signed up for your cruise last week. I was also going on the one after yours also and signed to for that so I could make it a full week.

where are the reports about B2B not being allowed?
Another cruise forum I'm on - Princess is contacting people who've booked B2B cruises and informed them that one of their cruises must be canceled. Speculation is - it's because of the possibility that the requirements to cruise would include a 72 hour prior to cruise COVID test and, if you're on a cruise, you can't meet that requirement. Plus the 14 day quarantine requirement after you return from a cruise.

Plus the 14 day quarantine requirement after you return from a cruise.

I except a Covid test (or vaccine) requirement, but a 14-day quarantine requirement?!?

CDC said "Passengers who decide to travel are advised to take the following precautions to protect others for 14 days after their return from a cruise ship or river cruise voyage... If you don't get tested, it's safest to stay home for 14 days after travel."

Last edited:
Another cruise forum I'm on - Princess is contacting people who've booked B2B cruises and informed them that one of their cruises must be canceled. Speculation is - it's because of the possibility that the requirements to cruise would include a 72 hour prior to cruise COVID test and, if you're on a cruise, you can't meet that requirement. Plus the 14 day quarantine requirement after you return from a cruise.
[/QUO
Thanks for the info, so much can & will change,
we have b2b over xmas 2021

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter