January/February 2021 cruises gone off the website

Princess today cancelled our NYC to Quebec cruise that was to be in .September, 2021. They cancelled cruises over 7 nights, this was 10 nights.

We were notified last week that Princess canceled our May cruise to Alaska. This cruise was a re-booking of our canceled August Alaska cruise. At this point I am no longer booking anything with Princess until COVID is under control.
We still have a February 6th cruise booked on the Fantasy but I am almost certain that will be canceled as well. My PIF date is a week away and I'm sure I won't know anything more at that point as to whether or not the cruise will happen. Even if it does, my family is not too keen to be on the first cruise out.

My PIF date is a week away and I'm sure I won't know anything more at that point as to whether or not the cruise will happen. Even if it does, my family is not too keen to be on the first cruise out.

Is DCL waiting until after PIF so the agents get their commission?

The first ones they are offering promotions for sail in March, so you have to assume that is the earliest they anticipate sailing. But I think that is even being optimistic given the screening requirements that passengers will need to undergo. Honestly, I'm not sure if I will go on my rebooked October 2020 cruise even if it sails and I have received the vaccine. I don't want to have to quarantine for 14 days after returning, if that's the requirement. Even though I work from home, I would want my kids to go back to school, even with masks, etc.

I would give it a 50% chance that they are sailing by May. I anticipate seeing plenty more cancellations coming.
But sailing where? First May cruise would be a transatlantic sailing to Europe and over 7 days and already removed from website. Are they going to bring her back to US, only to take her back without passengers?

But sailing where? First May cruise would be a transatlantic sailing to Europe and over 7 days and already removed from website. Are they going to bring her back to US, only to take her back without passengers?
Don’t know. The September Europe cruises are still on the schedule. We are scheduled to sail in September from Dover. I’m just playing the wait and see game. Since that is farther away than we are from the first big lockdowns, I figure much can change between now and then.

Hang on, does this mean you guys think our 2/27/21 7 night cruise will be canceled? lol. We're PIF with the GTY/VGT thingie option. It'll be interesting to see how this all goes...

Is DCL waiting until after PIF so the agents get their commission?
This has definitely been the pattern as of late... wait a little bit until after mid-month and cancel the entire month for the cruises that would now be PIF or within days of the PIF date. Given the holiday season, I am expecting February to be cancelled around December 15... or very early January at the latest. I'd argue that DCL won't do anything between mid-December to early January in terms of cancellations as this would mean taking away a little bit of holiday hope and magic...

Hang on, does this mean you guys think our 2/27/21 7 night cruise will be canceled? lol. We're PIF with the GTY/VGT thingie option. It'll be interesting to see how this all goes...
I am on the 2/20 cruise and not holding my breath. That said, I'd like to have some certainty sooner rather than later as it will also be decision time for a WDW trip that was tagged along independently of the cruise...

If you receive and apply a 125% cruise credit to another cruise that gets cancelled as well do you think you get another 125% or will it remain the original 125% value?

NCL just cancelled all cruises through the end of February and most of March.

If you receive and apply a 125% cruise credit to another cruise that gets cancelled as well do you think you get another 125% or will it remain the original 125% value?

Nope. You don't get compensated twice. Some cruise lines are giving you loyalty points multiple times but not the FCC value. Lots of companies have also reduced their FCC. Its to stop people booking cruises that may get cancelled just to up the value of their FCC

I am on the 2/20 cruise and not holding my breath. That said, I'd like to have some certainty sooner rather than later as it will also be decision time for a WDW trip that was tagged along independently of the cruise...
Also on that cruise (until they cancel) and PIF. While we don't have a WDW trip tagged along with it, I'm with you in the fact that I'd like to know sooner rather than later (officially) so we can at least start planning something else. We shall see... I also think that cruising won't return for a while (maybe May/June at earliest) and if it does return for sailings in late February or soon thereafter, it will be an unfulfilling experience if you can't go anywhere but be on your ship and maybe CC once for 7 days. Who knows? We booked well before Covid thinking we got a good deal. Just trying to figure out what 2021 will bring like the rest of you all...

Just saw on one of my FB groups that DCL has cancelled through February and are still offering the 125% FCC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter