Japan Vlog

Another great job.... Thanks so much for these... seeing everything in detail helps me with figuring out what we really want to see and do for next year...
We love to go back and watch them. It’s a fun way for us to relive our trips. I’m glad it’s helping in your planning

Another great video, and wow talk about a hike to see the Monkeys.... it was so beautiful... Looking forward to the next installment...
It was a really nice walk to get up to the monkeys. I thought all of Arashiyama was beautiful

As always another wonderful job done...

I will say... I would love love to see the park was just absolutely beautiful, and feeding the deer is so neat... the the pathway with the stone lantern's was really cool, I love them... I want a small one for my patio...

As always another wonderful job done...

I will say... I would love love to see the park was just absolutely beautiful, and feeding the deer is so neat... the the pathway with the stone lantern's was really cool, I love them... I want a small one for my patio...
Thanks! Dh gets all of the credit. I just type the description and title lol.

The park itself wasn’t anything memorable. I think you’re talking about the garden? It was so pretty and not crowded at all. We didn’t really like Nara that much because it was so crowded and we didn’t enjoy taking buses. The deer were a little aggressive too

Wow... this looks like so much fun... Well done!!!

I had almost convinced myself that we did not need to leave Tokyo... with seeing this... Now not so much.... I really would like to do a day trip, to Osaka.... I know it would be a super long day... The big thing is DH and I both love aquariums, and this is something that I know that we would both really enjoy, as well checking out Dotonbori and the street food....

Another great report...

Keep'em coming... pixiedust:

Wow... this looks like so much fun... Well done!!!

I had almost convinced myself that we did not need to leave Tokyo... with seeing this... Now not so much.... I really would like to do a day trip, to Osaka.... I know it would be a super long day... The big thing is DH and I both love aquariums, and this is something that I know that we would both really enjoy, as well checking out Dotonbori and the street food....

Another great report...

Keep'em coming... pixiedust:
Have you been to any of the big aquariums in the states like the Georgia aquarium? I wasn’t completely blown away by the Osaka aquarium because a lot of it is one tank that you just weave down and around multiple times. It was still cool to see but I know Dh got bored after awhile. I’m not sure if there are better things to do with your time in Osaka.

Dotonbori is really cool, especially at night with all of the lights!

Have you been to any of the big aquariums in the states like the Georgia aquarium? I wasn’t completely blown away by the Osaka aquarium because a lot of it is one tank that you just weave down and around multiple times. It was still cool to see but I know Dh got bored after awhile. I’m not sure if there are better things to do with your time in Osaka.

Dotonbori is really cool, especially at night with all of the lights!

Yes I have been to the Ga. aquarium... and loved it... one of the best we have been to is at Atlantis in the Bahama's it had several species that we have never seen before.... as well as the how it was set up, and the themeing, kinda pirate cave and Jules Vern... it was really over the top, and very well done...

I know Dotonbori look just amazing...

We are still weighing everything out...

Aquariums are not something that are unique to Japan unless they have a Kraken in there.

Yes I have been to the Ga. aquarium... and loved it... one of the best we have been to is at Atlantis in the Bahama's it had several species that we have never seen before.... as well as the how it was set up, and the themeing, kinda pirate cave and Jules Vern... it was really over the top, and very well done...

I know Dotonbori look just amazing...

We are still weighing everything out...
You’ll probably have to make the call then about going to the aquarium. I do think there might be better things to do with your time but if you guys really love aquariums then it might be worth a trip. It can get really busy so you’ll wanna go either right after they open or an hour or two before they close.

Congrats on your little nugget! That's exciting!

The Kyoto monkey park/bamboo forest/golden pavillion is exactly what I have down for our first day in Kyoto (we arrive on a Wed evening, then this would be Thu activities). My "little" nuggets are 10 (will be 11 when we travel) and 13 (and little is a joke, she's 5'8"!). It looks like you guys are pros at "hiking"/walking a lot! Realistically, are all 3 of those sites "doable" in 1 day? We're staying across from Kyoto Station, so we'll be SUPER close to the train that does out that way for the monkey park/bamboo forest.

Last edited:
Congrats on your little nugget! That's exciting!

The Kyoto monkey park/bamboo forest/golden pavillion is exactly what I have down for our first day in Kyoto (we arrive on a Wed evening, then this would be Thu activities). My "little" nuggets are 10 (will be 11 when we travel) and 13 (and little is a joke, she's 5'8"!). It looks like you guys are pros at "hiking"/walking a lot! Realistically, are all 3 of those sites "doable" in 1 day? We're staying across from Kyoto Station, so we'll be SUPER close to the train that does out that way for the monkey park/bamboo forest.
Thank you! We are beyond excited!

Wow she’s tall! I average about 10k steps at home, even now as I’m pregnant. I honestly just love walking. I think walking at wdw has helped us too. I definitely think you can do all 3 of those in one day. The bamboo forest and golden pavilion both get busy so I would choose one of those to do first. Ideally, I would do the bamboo forest, monkey park, and finish with the golden pavilion.

We did the golden pavilion first thing and it was still packed. There were lots of school groups. Maybe going later in the day would be better. We also thought the golden pavilion is slightly hard to get to because there weren’t any train stations right next to it (at least that we noticed). We got on a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!