Jay Flight now departing---this is your Captain...

Well…finished off with EPCOT forever fireworks tonight. Tomorrow we “break camp” as it were … just north of Richmond for tomorrow night’s stay and home to Seymour, CT Sunday afternoon. Was a good trip! I also learned that I really like the adaptive cruise control on wife’s new Highlander…

Funny FW boat story. So I guess the boat routes change based on weather and ability to use the open boats and launches (which, btw, is another interesting thing… they seem to have repurposed a few of the former AK River boats from the failed river excursion thingy as passenger boats for WL and also saw it at Poly… maybe it goes to GF as well… at any rate, they are painted blue… wonder if they needed more capacity or larger open air options…dunno). Well, continuing my original thought/story… we were waiting at FW dock and one of the larger boats (the normal FW to MK boats) pulled in.. a few people got off, but a bunch stayed on. The host said they were people from WL going to MK. Ok, great. Since they are doing that route, we figured we would just take a nice excursion to MK, WL, and back to FW again. Well, we got to MK, stayed on… new people got on. We then proceeded to WL. People got off, more got on, then we proceeded… back to MK! I got up and asked as we had boarded the boat at FW to begin. It turns out that the WL-FW-MK-WL-FW route is only an inclement weather route when open craft ops are suspended. This changed in the middle of our trip! Lol… bottom line is the boat we boarded returned to strictly a WL-MK run while we were aboard and we had to switch at MK to the other big boat that was now doing the dedicated MK-FW route. Fortunately it was a nice afternoon/evening for the extra (beyond what we were planning) excursion. So, if you going to get on a boat and take a “grand circle” tour, be aware of what it is up too!

Great job on the TR, Jimmy, and as I mentioned you sure did get around.

Travel safely and take care of the family.

:smickey: Bama Ed

Google Maps says it's nearly 1,200 miles up through several big towns for you to get home, 4077. Albeit it is a weekend, I bet it's still no fun.

It's Sunday night so I hope you got the family to the house by now.

Ed

Google Maps says it's nearly 1,200 miles up through several big towns for you to get home, 4077. Albeit it is a weekend, I bet it's still no fun.

It's Sunday night so I hope you got the family to the house by now.

Ed

As it turns out, we got home just after 7:30 PM. Drive home was not bad. There are always a few slow downs/back ups for congestion or accidents… my biggest concern on the I-95 route is always between Richmond and the beltway around D.C. Even on weekends it seems to be super busy (although I suppose that is all the summer travelers like me)… in any case, it was crowded but did not have any excessive back ups there this morning. Largest back up of the day was another “regular” spot approaching the Tappan Zee Bridge (well, I guess it’s now actually called— haha..for the moment anyway—the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge since the new one was built). Good to be home! Anxious to pick up Duke from the Best Friends Pet hotel nearby here tomorrow!!!

Thanks for reading! (I’ll be flying to Atlanta — the Gwinnett County Airport) on Tuesday for the night… much faster way to travel!

As it turns out, we got home just after 7:30 PM. Drive home was not bad. There are always a few slow downs/back ups for congestion or accidents… my biggest concern on the I-95 route is always between Richmond and the beltway around D.C. Even on weekends it seems to be super busy (although I suppose that is all the summer travelers like me)… in any case, it was crowded but did not have any excessive back ups there this morning. Largest back up of the day was another “regular” spot approaching the Tappan Zee Bridge (well, I guess it’s now actually called— haha..for the moment anyway—the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge since the new one was built). Good to be home! Anxious to pick up Duke from the Best Friends Pet hotel nearby here tomorrow!!!

If you are northbound from Richmond on a Sunday you can rest assure you will see heavy traffic as all the VA beach travelers make their way home.

I still think taking the Tappan Zee (I probably will never call it something else) is better heading that way. We talked about a NE camping trip one of your summers, I just need to find out when I can manage that.

Meant to post this from Disney as well (my wife snapped the shot)..,

Anyway, on the way out of TSMM we saw what appeared to be discussions about either a new strategic alliance or perhaps some negotiation of a joint operation… in any case, we did not stick around to get scooped up into whatever was going down…

0271E967-15C5-4E5D-B348-5D4E01FB5059.jpeg

Where can I find this Cinnamon Chai? And will it be available all the time?
Not sure about it’s longevity, but got it at the Joffrey’s stand to left side of the America Pavilion at EPCOT (if you looking at the America building). Not sure if perhaps it is at other Joffrey’s locations…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!