Jay Flight now departing---this is your Captain...

Yemassee KOA has nice sites, nice trees and well kept. Saw these two unique “kamping kabins” there:

The caboose cabin:

3E1EC62B-065D-44CD-B6FD-A33BA24E9CE2.jpeg15561E31-174B-47DC-82E8-43185D48EB4D.jpeg

The trolley car site has a lot of windows for people to see in! They all had shades on them, but don’t forget to make sure they all closed before you change 😳
613ADB6E-44D6-40CC-B428-27F46DDD0B02.jpeg

Full hook up pull thru was very nice:

D2DCA24F-A5EF-4FA2-9996-C062D660120B.jpeg

Currently at the Shenandoah KOA near Harrisonburg, VA. Three miles off highway along a small, winding road... super peaceful and just right amount of trees. It’s a beautifully kept campground as well... sites and roads are nice gravel and well maintained. We are on a row of gently “terraced” sites. Pull thru full hook up so can stay hooked up.

0A3C7372-7205-4A8A-825E-99D2F3BCF268.jpeg

C2D5C0CA-8AB7-4DDD-9010-CF412647EF1C.jpeg

They have a coop with chickens and ducks:

373C3354-D764-4262-B8C5-564E890892B1.jpeg

I would love to come back here and relax for a whole bunch of days... make it a base for some Shenandoah Valley exploration.

Are you home now? Glad to see you getting your kids to visit the grandparents and sightseeing along the way.

Bama Ed

Are you home now? Glad to see you getting your kids to visit the grandparents and sightseeing along the way.

Bama Ed

Yes...guess I should have "ended" this thread by saying I was home safe last Thursday afternoon, 7/2. Got busy in a hurry once home with catching up! Towing the new trailer with new truck long distance was very good... getting a new bathroom door from Jayco as the current one came unlatched and swung open against bunk where it hit a "button/tack" sort of thing that is keeping some of the coverings attached to edge of bunks. Put a huge hole in door. Jayco is covering it under warranty. Will wedge door with something in future. Only traffic issue driving home was when I hit the CT border on 95. It was literally and truthfully right at the "Welcome to Connecticut" sign.. came to a stop there and then proceeded in slow traffic back up for next 25 miles that took 1 1/4 hours...cleared up 2 miles from where I exit the interstate.

Where I park in my parents driveway is shaded and partially under a large sea grape tree...it happens to house tons of medium sized black ants. I had the same issue last year, but this year it was a greater number. Last year after we left and during our overnight and after returning home we had probably 3 dozen to 50 ants that we killed during our journey that had gotten on to the roof and proceeded to enter the camper. This year I would say it has been closer to 150 to 200 or more. At my parents house after a few days, you can climb up on roof and see tons of them running around. At campgrounds and rest areas on way home, I was constantly killing them inside or sweeping them off the roof and sides on the outside. Even yesterday I was still seeing some in roof and around the outside that I knocked off. I think the overlapping aluminum siding allowed more entry points this year as opposed to the fiberglass siding of my old trailer where there aren't any seams with space in between (they would run back into there when I missed hitting them off. Will have to brainstorm how to reduce how many ants get in for next year as it was rather annoying...plus, with the larger amount getting inside, they did get into a few open cereal/cracker boxes (will have open stuff sealed in Ziploc or tupperware next year). It's pretty much impossible to not be near the tree...and while my dad does cut it back quite a bit so I can get into driveway, it would not really be feasible to have no tree overhanging the camper. Small price to pay for staying at and visiting with my parents, but I would still prefer less ants...lol.

Next camper outing is to Lone Oak Campground in East Canaan, CT end of July for "Christmas in July" weekend. Hopefully, in the current circumstances, they will still set up the large hill sized tarp for "sledding" in the "snow" (that is body sledding down large plastic tarp in your bathing suit while it is being constantly sprayed down with dish detergent soap bubbles/water out of local volunteer fire department truck). in any event, will have a good camping weekend.

Before that, a non camper trip to Cape Cod next Saturday (7/11-7/18) at rental house my MIL rents each year. Enjoy the summer for now!!

Sorry to hear about your door but good it'll be fixed under warranty.

Just didn't know if you were going to do any more sightseeing/activities during the trip back home.

Christmas in July! Great idea. :santa:

Now get back to work. Play time is over.

Ed

Looks like a great trip. That road to the Harrisonburg KOA had me worried with a 40' 5th wheel. Then we got to the campground and was like....wow this is awesome.

It looks like you had a great trip and that is awesome.

No “Jay Flight” in tow for these next few days, but have just arrived to Cape Cod for our traditional first stop:

8D4782F9-6B8F-45A6-9CA8-A2A3CACC2379.jpeg

This will be just the first of many yummy days ahead. I’m getting fried clam strip platter and we always get onion rings. Hot lobster rolls with warm drawn butter are very close in my future! Check in to our rental house is at 4 PM... This restaurant is in Orleans... the house is in Eastham... have been doing this for 12 years now.. I guess we like it :) Food pics later.

DW likes the seafood, I’ll have the burgers and beer.

Have a good time on the Cape!

Spent a lot of time on the Cape in college. Haven't been back since. This brings back a lot of memories. Get some Captain Frosty's for me. Enjoy

First meal is in:

Fried clam strips platter for me
A4BB399E-0154-4048-A6E5-49AA7788D296.jpeg

One seafood kid got the clam strips like me, but far kid not a sea food type got chicken strips
1DEEAC85-97FD-4903-AF04-A580C95C7C18.jpeg

Wife got veggie burger
99C51193-90CB-46B4-8B1C-CCC4B04E0C18.jpeg

Two orders of these onion rings, free with coupon out of guides from visitor center
345C81A4-1F33-4050-90A0-00965CA933E7.jpeg

Mother in law had fried scallop platter.
37D2D3CE-8C71-4EB4-B959-3A7AAF24C15B.jpeg

Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod Nat’l Seashore. Lot’s of erosion since last year.. the brown peat was totally covered in sand and the beach extended out level from the top of it as opposed to dropping off at edge of peat.
F9798DE6-A61F-4817-9EE0-A3021D89D0B3.jpeg5E16696B-188B-4028-BF7C-C1C6A78F7146.jpeg

Old Coast Guard station at Coast Guard beach. Used for various programs nowadays.
2BCE3203-5A32-4191-A2B0-94B832B669CC.jpeg

Nauset Light beach
87CEC472-396C-427C-B5D0-89A9985442EB.jpeg47EA6A03-08C8-44A5-AB6E-2E5EC813277F.jpeg

Nauset Light House. Should look familiar if you have ever had a bag of Cape Cod potato chips.
9F021820-3A8E-412C-BE1E-C10CC7FA9501.jpeg

Nice beach pics. is the water warm enough to go into? :cold:

Cape Cod chips, yum. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!