Jersey Week booking?

If you go to NJEA's website, you can find the dates of the NJ Teachers Convention. That's in Atlantic City, and many NJ public schools have off so teachers can attend. Some schools also have Election Day off. So with many schools closed Tuesday, Thursday and Friday of that week in November, it is not surprising that it's called Jersey Week. It has been that way for many years. I was a NJ public school teacher for awhile and went a time or two myself.:teacher:

Good to know! Is Jersey Week always in November?

Good to know! Is Jersey week always in November?
As stated already Yes, and it's always the Friday that follows Election Day. All Jersey schools have off the Thurs. & Fri. Some have either a 1/2 day or full day off for election day, & some actually have the whole week off. A few yrs ago it was actually a nice mild week to go. But it's gotten more n more crowded over the last few. Because of the marathons & F & W festivals ending..

We cruised on the Magic in 09 during Jersey week. Never again will we do DCL or WDW that week.

We did WDW on Jersey Week about 10 years ago (give or take a year or 2) and it almost turned us off Disney vacations entirely. We'll never do it again. The crowd level was unreal. Made the whole experience miserable not just because of the lines but because it was just unpleasant to move around. I still shutter remembering it. You could offer me free tickets and resort stay and I still wouldn't do it. If you paid me enough, maybe.

We did WDW on Jersey Week about 10 years ago (give or take a year or 2) and it almost turned us off Disney vacations entirely. We'll never do it again. The crowd level was unreal. Made the whole experience miserable not just because of the lines but because it was just unpleasant to move around. I still shutter remembering it. You could offer me free tickets and resort stay and I still wouldn't do it. If you paid me enough, maybe.

My SIL said Epcot was insane a few years ago with drunk people. She had a 2 kids under 5 and she demanded that a CM refund her tickets into Epcot that day (I think they were only there for an hour before realizing they would rather be at a resort). She said they credited her bc she was so mad. I think the combination of Food n Wine plus Jersey week made epcot a horrible choice.

They are going again this year, though... so it hasn't turned her off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!