Join us: HHN Private VIP RIP Tour Saturday, 9/30

tran1172

Earning My Ears
hhnvip.jpg

Macraven ok'ed me (thanks!) to post this as a separate thread...

Hi everyone. I booked an HHN Private VIP RIP Tour for Saturday, 9/30. I have some extra spaces available so please join us!

Here are some benefits as listed on Universal's HHN website:
  • Exclusive VIP entrance to Universal Studios Florida™ for the Halloween Horror Nights™ event (valid Halloween Horror Nights™ event admission required)
  • Commemorative R.I.P. Tour credential with lanyard
  • Customizable Itinerary
  • Access to the exclusive Pre-Tour Reception in Café La Bamba including light appetizers, desserts, and cash bar available upon check-in (Must be 21+ to consume alcoholic beverages with valid photo ID)
  • Priority UNLIMITED VIP entry to all haunted houses as well as regular park attractions while on tour with the R.I.P. Tour Guide
  • Reserved seating at Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure
  • Universal Express™ ride access to participating regular theme park attractions, with the R.I.P. Tour credential, following the tour (park hours permitting)
  • Complimentary offerings also included with your tour:
    • Standard Valet Parking (1 vehicle, subject to availability)
    • My Universal Photos™ 3-Day photo package**

That's what Universal has to say but here's what my experience was last year. Last year was my first HHN and we did a VIP tour with some folks we met here on the boards. It was amazing! If you've been to HHN before, you know how crowded and crazy it can be. With a VIP tour, you walk right past all of that, straight to the front of the line! There are several ways of dealing with the crowds during HHN.
  1. Express passes which give you a shorter line and that's it.
  2. Public RIP tour - Lasts about 4 hrs. You get front of the line access to each house ONCE.
  3. Private RIP Tour - Lasts the whole night (6:30pm-2am). Front of the line access to each house plus repeats as much as you want.
There's also a break at Cafe La Bamba (at least that's where it was last year) where you get complimentary light snacks and drinks (alcohol extra). To be honest, it was enough of a selection for me to treat it as a meal! There were also a few scare actors around to take photos with.

crowd.jpg

See that crowd waiting to get into one house? We walked right past them. That's why the photo is blurry. Basically, with a private RIP Tour, we get a private tour guide for 7+ hours that will take us around the park and walk us to the very front of the line all night! We also like to take a break to ride a few of the rides too. Ever wanted to walk right onto Escape from Gringotts? The tour guide will even hang onto our bags for us too. No lockers needed. hehe.

Now for the important part, COST:
The per person cost of the tour will be dependent on how many people I can get to fill up the tour. To be clear, I am making zero profit on this tour. I'm merely taking the cost of the tour and dividing by the number of people that end up going. The absolute max is 12 people. I'm expecting it to be, per person, about what you'd pay for a public RIP tour. If we have a full group, it will actually be a little less than what you'd pay for a Public RIP Tour.

Here's what I can do to help out:
There's one free Valet Parking with the tour. We're staying on-site at the Portofino so won't be needing it. I should be able to assign it to you. That would save one party $20-30 in parking that night. We are annual passholders so we can buy discounted HHN tickets for our guests (the entry tickets are separate from the Tour). That should save you $10-15 each on those. There's also a 3-day photo pass with the RIP tour. We have an annual photo package already so someone can have that. Basically it gets you ALL the park photos (photographers roaming around) plus all ride photos too. That's normally $90-100. If I can reassign that to someone else, they can have that too. All this can be negotiated/worked out.

Btw, if you're going Oct 6, macraven might still have some spots that night.

Last edited:
I'm glad you finally made this thread as I sent someone to you days ago.....

Yes, I called vip tours and they are allowing up to 12 for private tours

Using my figures for a Friday tour, having ten in in the group and not 12, the difference is minor in the total cost for you

I expect public tours will sell out for some dates and you could get requests to join your tour at the last minute

Public tours are $266.24 which includes tax pp

Ten peeps in the Friday private tours would break down to be cheaper pp than going with the public tour

Tran1172 has offered to use their ap discount to help you for the hhn ticket purchase

Homies, please contact tran1172 by pm if you are giving out personal info as your email address, your name or cell number, etc

Do ask general questions on this thread or requests for more basic info

Conversations are encouraged on this thread!

boo boo bumping your thread

And will do the same for those posting they need bodies

Still looking for a few extra people to join our group. If you have any questions or are on the fence as to whether a Private Tour is worth it, just ask and I'll do my best to convince you :yay:

Tran1172, just checking in to see if I can be of any help to you

I did send one poster to you as they want to be in a private rip tour
Your tour date is what they are interested in

Suggest you look at my sticky of
"When are you going to hhn"
Basic date thread where you can pm and make plans to do a meet and greet while at hhn

All that post on it are good to exchange info in that thread or by pm

When someone posts, I add them to that calendar

Frankdvc, check out the sticky also to see who has plans to attend hhn when you are going

Tran wishing you the best in adding to your group !

now how did you slip to page 2...........

we can't let that happen..

hope you have been successful in adding to your group.

Looks like I may have added 2 more to our group (friends not on this board). We still have a couple more spots available so please let me know if anyone is interested. Once you do a private tour, you will never go back. It's worth throwing $5 in a cookie jar every week to splurge on HHN once a year. Believe me!

Just an update. We still have a couple of spots to fill. As far as cost, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to get 10 people so it'll be cost of the tour divided up by 10.

If you've seen the lines so far, even for express, you should seriously consider joining us. We'd love to have you!

With the line waits for houses at hhn that have been posted on fb, I'd grab a spot on this tour asap

I have a private tour set up for oct 6
But if I would be in Orlando a week earlier, I would book into this one also

Nothing like doing two tours during my stay

Just wanting to keep this thread active

Homies if you make a last minute decision to join this private tour group, contact them soon

From what I have been reading on fb, weekends have had crowds

On the private tour, you will cover all house with the shortest wait possible
You will also go through all the scare zones and take in the shows

Believe there are still some spots open on tran1172 group

Thanks Heidi. How was it? We're so excited for HHN. Can't believe it's this weekend. We had to deal with Hurricane Harvey the past few weeks and that's kept me busy.

Anyone who is interested, please contact me asap. I am down to the last few spots. I can guarantee Private Tour Cost divided by 10 = cost per person rate. For that night, it doesn't get any cheaper than this!

Do hope you get a few more for your tour

Since peeps are paying you at meet up time, take some small bills with you to make change if someone gives you a $100 bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!