Journey To Atlantis At Sea World

VegasMike21

<font color=blue>I couldn't stop laughing when the
When's the best time to go on this ride? Do the lines usually get long as the day goes on? Thanks for any advice.

Hi Vegas
We went there last year and rode it at dusk. It probably is better at dusk/night compared to daytime.
However I have to admit that it was a let down for me. I had a chance to ride the "same ride" at the Florida Seaworld and found it better.
It started as a dark ride/ had some theming and then you had the big drop followed by the roller coaster.
The SD version is shorter and doesn't have the dark ride/theme feel to it.

Drew

Hi Vegas
We went there last year and rode it at dusk. It probably is better at dusk/night compared to daytime.
However I have to admit that it was a let down for me. I had a chance to ride the "same ride" at the Florida Seaworld and found it better.
It started as a dark ride/ had some theming and then you had the big drop followed by the roller coaster.
The SD version is shorter and doesn't have the dark ride/theme feel to it.

Drew

Thank you for your response. I heard that about the SD ride not being as good as the one in Orlando. Only reason I'm really going to Sea World is because me and my g/f are going in June and we're buying that So Cal City Pass from Costco that costs only $205 so it's a great deal and Sea World is included with the tickets...otherwise I don't think we would go to Sea World. Probably will try to ride it once in the morning and once at night.

I think I'm the only person that actually prefers the SD version... :worried:

I think the coaster part is better at SD. And it LOOKS better to me too. The only thing I dislike (actually HATE!) is the lift which takes you to the second level to start the coaster... it's very cheap feeling (and looking) inside with materials just draped in front and either side of the lift. Some NICE effects and sturdier framework could make it a lot better.

DEFINITELY try and ride it early (if you're there at opening or just after) and then just before you go home though. Preferably a couple/few times each time. The queue can get crazy during peek times.

Also, unless it sweltering, I'd give Shipwreck Rapids a miss. You get quite literally, DRENCHED!!!!!!! I'm all down with getting wet (even soaked) on rides but not literally soggy to the bone. You go under a waterfall that doesn't stop!! :scared1: It was fun trying to dry off by the fire grill out front of the Shipwreck Reef Cafe.

Have a great time though!! :thumbsup2

I think I'm the only person that actually prefers the SD version... :worried:

I think the coaster part is better at SD. And it LOOKS better to me too. The only thing I dislike (actually HATE!) is the lift which takes you to the second level to start the coaster... it's very cheap feeling (and looking) inside with materials just draped in front and either side of the lift. Some NICE effects and sturdier framework could make it a lot better.

DEFINITELY try and ride it early (if you're there at opening or just after) and then just before you go home though. Preferably a couple/few times each time. The queue can get crazy during peek times.

Also, unless it sweltering, I'd give Shipwreck Rapids a miss. You get quite literally, DRENCHED!!!!!!! I'm all down with getting wet (even soaked) on rides but not literally soggy to the bone. You go under a waterfall that doesn't stop!! :scared1: It was fun trying to dry off by the fire grill out front of the Shipwreck Reef Cafe.

Have a great time though!! :thumbsup2

Plus they have these water cannon things where you pay a quarter and when people go by on the raft you hit the button and water shoots out at them and gets them even more wet. Everytime my DBF and I go (which is at least once a month, we have Fun Cards, we spend at least 5 buck on these. Its so funny! :rotfl:

Plus they have these water cannon things where you pay a quarter and when people go by on the raft you hit the button and water shoots out at them and gets them even more wet. Everytime my DBF and I go (which is at least once a month, we have Fun Cards, we spend at least 5 buck on these. Its so funny! :rotfl:
I have to admit, as much as I sometimes hate it being done to me, I'm totally guilty of this too!! :rotfl: SO much fun! :thumbsup2

SO jealous of you being able to go once every month too. My latest project in Photography at Uni is all about animals and I was thinking a while ago how great it'd be to go to SW for it. If only! I guess I get to just enjoy the park (and not have any kind of work preying on my mind when I'm there) in full my way though!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter