Joy in the World ~ a magical Christmas weekend! real life update 04/07

Coffee in hand, I headed out to the bus stop but a Disney Springs bus was still 1/2 hr away. I pulled up my Lyft app and within 5 minutes, a car had arrived to whisk me off to the Springs.

Smart move.

Upon entering the restaurant for my brunch reservation, I was immediately struck by how bright and inviting the space was.

I have passed this restaurant several times and was impressed with how attractive it is.

We chatted for a minute and he said "I noticed you don't look very comfortable. Come walk around with me and pick any seat in the house that you would like. I just want you to feel happy and relaxed."

Wow, that is service!

I had been at the restaurant less than 15 minutes at this point and the pixie dust was overflowing!

So Blessed!

I decided on my food order and went for the fried green eggs and ham. This was an open faced biscuit topped with griddled country ham, fried green tomatoes, over easy eggs, dressed arugula and a remoulade sauce. Let me tell you, this was heaven in every bite! I went for fresh fruit as my side.

IMG_5575.JPG

This looks soooo good.

I just loved the creativity of all the trees and thoroughly enjoyed taking in all the details.

I really enjoyed the trees too.

Well, three days before my Christmas Disney trip, I received word that Disney had passed on the contract and I was successful in my

Congrats! :banana:

I adored the tree in the main lobby as well.

IMG_5589.JPG

We did too! Soo pretty and big.

I found the decor at the Contemporary to be rather sterile although I did think the Mary Blair inspired gingerbread scene featuring Cinderella was quite well done.

I agree with you on that.

The tree here was so pretty covered in traditional Polynesian flowers.

So pretty and colorful.

The lobby was packed with people taking in all the Christmas decor so I decided to head upstairs and check out the new Enchanted Rose lounge. It is gorgeous and beautifully themed. It is very subtle with the nods to Beauty and the Beast coming through carefully placed ceramics, the colour scheme and of course, the spectacular chandelier over the bar.

That gingerbread house is amazing! We popped in just to look around but didn't stay for a drink. Maybe someday.

I was ready to chalk it up to a loss but the CM asked if everything was ok and I explained what had happened with the launch. She very nicely let me through and soon I was enjoying the Jingle Cruise with a very punny skipper . I loved all the Christmas decor through the ride and felt the overlay was very well done.

I'm so happy you made it.

Very cute!

I noticed that they were giving out the snowman pretzel which was arguably the best snack of the party. It was warm and fluffy with the perfect amount of salt. Plus, it was just so cute!

Totally agree. It was my favorite too.

More cuteness!

I LOVED this...the show was so cute and the castle was just gorgeous. Pictures really do not do it justice.

Very true!

I had been a bit worried about the value of the Tony's party but let me tell you, all worries were put to rest.

Sounds like it was just perfect for you.

Another great photo.

As I was going towards the dessert table I spied @Cloe Colton with her husband Dan. I popped by their table to say hello and we had a lovely chat. They are two of the sweetest people you can hope to meet and invited me to come and sit with them. I really enjoyed talking with them about all things Disney and hearing a bit about their recent trip to Disneyland.

How fun! It's really great you got to meet them and visit.

Walking quickly over to the Skyliner, I hopped aboard with no wait and was at Hollywood Studios front gate within 15 minutes. What an awesome way to travel!

The BEST way to travel.

I had two things I wanted to accomplish, ride ToT since it was down when I was there in July and take in all the Christmas decor.

I like your goals.

We had a super fun series of drops and the theming is always my favourite.

TOT is my favorite! I love to lose my tummy.

I always love the waterways and lush landscaping at AK.

It is beautiful park and your pictures are lovely.

Love TOT but it stinks how one elevator going down messes the wait times up like that!

I just love the Christmas decorations at DHS and AK! What a great morning!

I have passed this restaurant several times and was impressed with how attractive it is.
It was the best experieence! So much so that I booked again for my trip with my son this summer!
I really enjoyed the trees too.
They were so creative!
Congrats! :banana:
Thank you so much, I am thrilled!
That gingerbread house is amazing! We popped in just to look around but didn't stay for a drink. Maybe someday.
It is lovely. Just too busy the day I was there.
Totally agree. It was my favorite too.
So good!
How fun! It's really great you got to meet them and visit.
They are just lovely! What a pleasure it was to hang out and chat with them. :)
The BEST way to travel.
Isn't it just??? I am really hoping they expand the system.
It is beautiful park and your pictures are lovely.
Thank you!
Love TOT but it stinks how one elevator going down messes the wait times up like that!
I know, I was determined to ride though so stuck it out.
I just love the Christmas decorations at DHS and AK! What a great morning!
I loved the Christmas decor as well. The morning only got better...... :goodvibes

You know you're tired when you fall asleep at Festival of the Lion King!

Early mornings and late nights were beginning to take their toll but I persevered as it was time to head off on safari! The sun was shining and it was simply a glorious day to be out and about. I was happy to see some of my favourites enjoying the sunshine as well.

IMG_5685.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

After the safari I strolled along the Gorilla Falls trail in hopes of seeing baby Grace. Her mama was fiercely protective of her and I only caught a tiny glimpse of her as her mama sat with her back to the window and cuddled Grace close.

IMG_5702.JPG

I took my time along the trail and enjoyed discovering some new spots. The waterfall was just gorgeous!

IMG_5704.JPG

The fish were mesmerizing to watch too. It's just the best when you have time to slow down and enjoy all the details.

IMG_5700.JPG

I love seeing the Christmas decor made of recycled materials. So creative!

IMG_5705.JPG

I didn't have a FP for Everest but thought I'd head in that direction to check out the single rider line. I hadn't been on EE since being evacuated off it in summer of 2018. I tried for it on March 2019 but it when down when I was in line. So I was hoping the third time would be the charm and I would finally get to ride. As I was walking along to Asia I could hear the monkeys screaming and found them putting on quite a show. They were so entertaining to watch!

IMG_5708.JPG

I was feeling a little peckish by this point and went for a delicious Simba pretzel with the oddly good plastic cheese. With a big ice cold water, this was a perfect snack.

IMG_5709.JPG

I was glad I had a chance for a snack as the single rider line for EE was 25 minutes. I made it through though and conquered the mountain. I ended sitting beside a woman that I had chatted with while having my snack and that was a fun coincidence. Time was coming up for my FoLK FP and I was looking forward to sitting down and resting my feet. As I was in the waiting area I noticed some gorgeous animals made from pop cans. I had never seen them before and was really struck by the ingenuity that went in to creating them.

IMG_5710.JPG

What I saw of the show was great but I was tired out by this point and will admit to napping a bit in the back row. I was ready to hit up my favourite AK spot for a refreshing beverage and something yummy. Where do you think I went?

Have you found anything new and unexpected while wandering through the parks? I'd love to hear about it!

I was feeling a little peckish by this point and went for a delicious Simba pretzel with the oddly good plastic cheese. With a big ice cold water, this was a perfect snack.
You know, some designs are a bit too intricate for pretzel form. Wouldn't have known what it was supposed to be had you not mentioned it, but I'm sure it was still delicious!
As I was in the waiting area I noticed some gorgeous animals made from pop cans. I had never seen them before and was really struck by the ingenuity that went in to creating them.
I hadn't noticed those specifically, but I do appreciate what they do with different random items used to decorate that queue.
What I saw of the show was great but I was tired out by this point and will admit to napping a bit in the back row.
I can relate to that!

Beautiful day in the AK. I'm happy you finally got to ride EE. I've nodded off before in FOLK but only for a moment or 2.

Early mornings and late nights were beginning to take their toll but I persevered as it was time to head off on safari! The sun was shining and it was simply a glorious day to be out and about. I was happy to see some of my favourites enjoying the sunshine as well.

Disney is so much fun but it is indeed....exhausting...even when you try hard not to get worn out it happens. Nothing wrong with a little nap! I love the giraffes too.

Her mama was fiercely protective of her and I only caught a tiny glimpse of her as her mama sat with her back to the window and cuddled Grace close.

That's how she was when we were there too. I think it's adorable that she's so protective but also I want to see her lol.

he fish were mesmerizing to watch too.

Agreed.

was feeling a little peckish by this point and went for a delicious Simba pretzel with the oddly good plastic cheese.

Oo how adorable! i want one!

What I saw of the show was great but I was tired out by this point and will admit to napping a bit in the back row.

It happens to the best of us!

Great AK pics! I'm glad you got to ride EE!
Me too, it's just so fun!
You know, some designs are a bit too intricate for pretzel form. Wouldn't have known what it was supposed to be had you not mentioned it, but I'm sure it was still delicious!
I had to turn it around several times to actually figure out it was Simba. It was yummy though!
I can relate to that!
I think it happens to all of us! :)
Beautiful day in the AK. I'm happy you finally got to ride EE. I've nodded off before in FOLK but only for a moment or 2.
It was a perfect day and EE was a blast!
Disney is so much fun but it is indeed....exhausting...even when you try hard not to get worn out it happens. Nothing wrong with a little nap! I love the giraffes too.
This trip was such a switch for me...I am not typically an open to close parks person so I think that hit me hard. Usually I spend my afternoons poolside with a beverage and follow that with a nap! The giraffes are the best, so graceful and lovely. :goodvibes
Soper cute pic of you and Cloe!
Thank you, she is such a lovely person!
Can't wait to hear where you ended up in AK???
One of your favourites....hint, hint. :)
That's how she was when we were there too. I think it's adorable that she's so protective but also I want to see her lol.
Same!
Oo how adorable! i want one!
Adorable and delicious!
It happens to the best of us!
Disney is so fun but also exhausting!

The Safari and the trails are such an enjoyable part of AK!
I’m glad you got on EE! I would be a little nervous 😟 especially after the evacuation!

You know you're tired when you fall asleep at Festival of the Lion King!
Oh dear. Yes... that's a very good description for being over-tired!
I was happy to see some of my favourites enjoying the sunshine as well.
I wonder when the best time to go is? I've heard (and think) mornings, but... not really sure.
Her mama was fiercely protective of her
As a good mama should be.
I took my time along the trail and enjoyed discovering some new spots. The waterfall was just gorgeous!
It is... love waterfalls. :)
The fish were mesmerizing to watch too.
Everyone gets stuck staring at those! :laughing:
It's just the best when you have time to slow down and enjoy all the details.
::yes:: That's the park to do it in, all right.
I hadn't been on EE since being evacuated off it in summer of 2018. I tried for it on March 2019 but it when down when I was in line.
Maybe.... just stay off it!
As I was walking along to Asia I could hear the monkeys screaming and found them putting on quite a show. They were so entertaining to watch!
Those guys are loud!
a delicious Simba pretzel with the oddly good plastic cheese.
:laughing: Never heard plastic cheese called that.
I was glad I had a chance for a snack as the single rider line for EE was 25 minutes.
What? Really! I've used it several times and never been in line for more than about 5 minutes.
I made it through though and conquered the mountain.
Yay! Finally!!
As I was in the waiting area I noticed some gorgeous animals made from pop cans. I had never seen them before and was really struck by the ingenuity that went in to creating them.

IMG_5710.JPG
I really like those! Very clever and creative. :)
I had a great-uncle who used to make doll furniture out of tin cans.
Awwwww...
I was ready to hit up my favourite AK spot for a refreshing beverage and something yummy. Where do you think I went?
Nomad!
Have you found anything new and unexpected while wandering through the parks? I'd love to hear about it!
Oh, man... that whole park! I used to get in and get out. Ride the big rides and that was enough. Then... I started to slow down. Take some photos... That whole park is gorgeous.

The Safari and the trails are such an enjoyable part of AK!
Definitely my favourite!
I’m glad you got on EE! I would be a little nervous 😟 especially after the evacuation!
I was a little nervous but it was so fun!
Oh dear. Yes... that's a very good description for being over-tired!
I sure was....typically I am a pool lounging, afternoon napping type of Disney guest so open to close park days were wearing me down. :)
I wonder when the best time to go is? I've heard (and think) mornings, but... not really sure.
I love the safari first thing in the morning.
As a good mama should be.
Exactly!
::yes:: That's the park to do it in, all right.
It really is, such a multilayered experience.
:laughing: Never heard plastic cheese called that.
I guess because I didn't expect it to taste good but it was.
What? Really! I've used it several times and never been in line for more than about 5 minutes.
Lucky you!
I had a great-uncle who used to make doll furniture out of tin cans.
So cool! Any pictures?
Correct!
Oh, man... that whole park! I used to get in and get out. Ride the big rides and that was enough. Then... I started to slow down. Take some photos... That whole park is gorgeous.
I feel the same way, it's the perfect park to meander about and enjoy.

I sure was....typically I am a pool lounging, afternoon napping type of Disney guest so open to close park days were wearing me down. :)
Yeah, that's a big difference!
I love the safari first thing in the morning.
Me too. :)
I guess because I didn't expect it to taste good but it was.
:laughing: Surprise! (In a good way!)
Lucky you!
I guess! I just thought that was the norm!
So cool! Any pictures?
Unfortunately not. He's long gone and I don't know where the furniture went. I remember admiring it, long ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter