Jubilant June 2019 Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for turning Pleasureful Pink and to ljcrochet for being the first team member to reach Grand Gala Green!:bounce:

In January and February in Florida, you'll find Epcot hosting the International Festival of the Arts, which celebrates the visual, culinary, and performing arts.

For the visual arts, dozens of visiting artists will be available for meet-n-greets with guests, and the work of Disney artists will be displayed throughout the park. Guests will have the opportunity to make and experience art right on the spot. And there will be paid seminars and workshops, including the Paint with a Disney Artist program, and complimentary seminars to provide guests with tips on producing their own artwork.

For the culinary arts, there are more than a dozen Food Studios booths around Epcot, producing beautiful (but edible!) works of art.

And for the performing arts, Epcot collaborates with Disney Theatrical Productions to bring bits of Broadway to the American Gardens Theatre stage. Talented artists will be performing songs from some Disney Broadway shows, such as the Lion King and Beauty & the Beast. Also, performing artists and musical and variety acts from around the world will appear in the park.

This will be the fourth year of Festival of the Arts. I haven't had the chance to go, but it does sound fun!

45 minutes of pool time today, some actual swimming! The pool access in the hotel is through the gym 🙄. I didn’t feel so bad not working out after spending the morning swimming with my older gd. It was a good workout!
(550/1000)
I’m hoping to head to WDW next February to escape winter for a bit. The Festival of the Arts looks interesting!

Hi All, probably my last update for June but I was able to hit my goal even with all of the events for the month. I'll be leaving at the beginning of next week for WDW/Universal so I won't be able to join July's thread, but if somebody sees this and can put me in for 500 that would be awesome!

Hope you all have a great 4th of July, talk to you soon!!

45 min on the elliptical Saturday & Hour of yard work on Sunday = 105

755/750

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for turning Pleasureful Pink and to ljcrochet for being the first team member to reach Grand Gala Green!:bounce:

In January and February in Florida, you'll find Epcot hosting the International Festival of the Arts, which celebrates the visual, culinary, and performing arts.

For the visual arts, dozens of visiting artists will be available for meet-n-greets with guests, and the work of Disney artists will be displayed throughout the park. Guests will have the opportunity to make and experience art right on the spot. And there will be paid seminars and workshops, including the Paint with a Disney Artist program, and complimentary seminars to provide guests with tips on producing their own artwork.

For the culinary arts, there are more than a dozen Food Studios booths around Epcot, producing beautiful (but edible!) works of art.

And for the performing arts, Epcot collaborates with Disney Theatrical Productions to bring bits of Broadway to the American Gardens Theatre stage. Talented artists will be performing songs from some Disney Broadway shows, such as the Lion King and Beauty & the Beast. Also, performing artists and musical and variety acts from around the world will appear in the park.

This will be the fourth year of Festival of the Arts. I haven't had the chance to go, but it does sound fun!

We have been to the Festival of the Arts a couple of times. My most favorite things at the festival are photo op backdrops featuring famous pieces of art that you become part of for the photo. So much fun! We walk around and try to hit all of them. The first year the festival wasn't very crowded, but the second time we went, it was packed.

Last edited:
Hi All, probably my last update for June but I was able to hit my goal even with all of the events for the month. I'll be leaving at the beginning of next week for WDW/Universal so I won't be able to join July's thread, but if somebody sees this and can put me in for 500 that would be awesome!

Hope you all have a great 4th of July, talk to you soon!!

45 min on the elliptical Saturday & Hour of yard work on Sunday = 105

755/750

Safe travels and have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing the highlights when you return. So envious of your stay at AKL. It's a fantastic place. Hope you're eating at Boma (both breakfast and dinner are so good)! The Mara is a really good QS, too. And there is a daily free food tour that lets you sample dishes from Boma and Jiko. Now I want to take a trip back to AKL. No parks needed. I'd be happy to just be at that resort. Best wishes for a magical honeymoon!:tink:

Safe travels and have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing the highlights when you return. So envious of your stay at AKL. It's a fantastic place. Hope you're eating at Boma (both breakfast and dinner are so good)! The Mara is a really good QS, too. And there is a daily free food tour that lets you sample dishes from Boma and Jiko. Now I want to take a trip back to AKL. No parks needed. I'd be happy to just be at that resort. Best wishes for a magical honeymoon!:tink:

Its my favorite resort, I've stayed twice before but never knew there was a free food tour. Sounds right up our alley. We have Jiko scheduled for my Wife's bday, can't wait for that either. Boma is on the list to check out as well.

Thanks for the tips!

@MikeNamez, have a great trip!!

We have been to the Festival of the Arts a couple of times. My most favorite thing at the festival are photo op backdrops featuring famous pieces of art that you become part of for the photo. So much fun! We walk around and try to hit all of them. The first year the festival wasn't very crowded, but the second time we went, it was packed.
It's on my "someday list" as well. Those photo ops sound especially fun!!

I spent some time catching up on the treadmill today.
45 new minutes
405/500

Congratulations to PollyannaMom for turning Pleasureful Pink, to sjrec for turning Reveling Red, and to MikeNamez for being the second team member to reach Grand Gala Green! :cheer2::thumbsup2 :rainbow:

And with all the reports, the team increased by 5% today. :dogdance::dogdance:

I was moving on to Lunar New Year (January 25, 2020), but then I found out that Tokyo Disney Resort has a special celebration for regular New Year. So backing up a bit, then moving forward . . .

This year, Tokyo Disney parks offered a special New Year's festival the first week in January. It kicked off with a 26-hour event over New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Then there were special parades/shows all week. Perhaps they'll do something similar to ring in 2020?

Other parks celebrate the Lunar New Year (Chinese New Year)--next year on January 25. Here's a look at the special celebrations for the last Chinese New Year in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Disney California Adventure.

We have been to the Festival of the Arts a couple of times. My most favorite thing at the festival are photo op backdrops featuring famous pieces of art that you become part of for the photo. So much fun! We walk around and try to hit all of them. The first year the festival wasn't very crowded, but the second time we went, it was packed.

I saw a video about those backdrops-- my favorite was "The Scream."

@piglet1979 , sending get well soon wishes to your daughter.
@piglet1979, hope your daughter has a speedy recovery!
@piglet1979 -wishing your dd a speedy recovery!

Thanks everyone. DD is doing great. She hasn't been on any meds for pain since Monday morning. I called the doctor as well since she wants to walk without the boot (she had surgery on her ankle). She has been cleared to walk without the boot as long as she doe snot have pain so she has been doing this a little bit here and there.

Adding some time over the past few days.

June 21 -- 18
June 22 -- 0
June 23 -- 23
June 24 -- 45
June 25 -- 32

Total -- 805/1350

I need to average 109 minutes the rest of the week to reach my goal. I am not sure I will make it but I will try. Though I do already have 35 minutes for today and plan to do more walking on my lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!