juggling hotels for unlimited express pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

uni newbie

Earning My Ears
We have 4 people traveling in 2 rooms. I've been juggling to get a reservation in a premier hotel to get the express passes for less than just buying them outright. 1 room will remain in the Sapphire (no express pass comp), but I was able to snag a room in the Portofino for the days I need. However, the room accommodates only 3, and I need 4 passes. Will the Portofino give me 4 room key passes w/ the room only accommodating 3 even though only 3 will be staying in that room and the other is staying at Sapphire (in other words, no fire hazard etc for exceeding room capacity)? Thanks!

We have 4 people traveling in 2 rooms. I've been juggling to get a reservation in a premier hotel to get the express passes for less than just buying them outright. 1 room will remain in the Sapphire (no express pass comp), but I was able to snag a room in the Portofino for the days I need. However, the room accommodates only 3, and I need 4 passes. Will the Portofino give me 4 room key passes w/ the room only accommodating 3 even though only 3 will be staying in that room and the other is staying at Sapphire (in other words, no fire hazard etc for exceeding room capacity)? Thanks!
I have no actual experience to inform a response, but I tend to doubt they would issue 4 room keys for a room that sleeps 3.

I have no actual experience to inform a response, but I tend to doubt they would issue 4 room keys for a room that sleeps 3.
I would normally agree, but the premier resorts are usually so accommodating (especially considering many rooms have a capacity of 4 and they only request 2 passes).

I don't think you may have thought about it this way but you're trying to go around the policies of EP being included in the room (part of the cost of the room does in Universal's way account for the EP perk as well).

It's not about the number of keys they issue. It's directly related to the actual people in the room for the EP perk. There is a barcode that is scanned and they match it up with the name on the room key which is printed on it.

You need to keep checking for a room that accommodates 4 at a Premier resort (adults will be an extra charge beyond 2 in the room IIRC but you didn't mention the ages of those in the traveling parties) and list all 4 of the people traveling, get 2 rooms at a Premier resort by keep checking for availability and list everyone in each room or you need to pay EP out of pocket for that 4th person.

I don't think you may have thought about it this way but you're trying to go around the policies of EP being included in the room (part of the cost of the room does in Universal's way account for the EP perk as well).

It's not about the number of keys they issue. It's directly related to the actual people in the room for the EP perk. There is a barcode that is scanned and they match it up with the name on the room key which is printed on it.

You need to keep checking for a room that accommodates 4 at a Premier resort (adults will be an extra charge beyond 2 in the room IIRC but you didn't mention the ages of those in the traveling parties) and list all 4 of the people traveling, get 2 rooms at a Premier resort by keep checking for availability and list everyone in each room or you need to pay EP out of pocket for that 4th person.
Thank you for responding. I have continuously checked for premier rooms to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children and will continue to do so, although I doubt I'll have success. A few times that room has become available only to become unavailable by the time I've entered my cc. I'm not trying to game any system as I'd be thrilled if the same square footage room would become available in a room that "accommodates" 4. The Hard Rock room with a king & sofa allows 4 guests, the Portofino does not. As a frequent traveler with many points in various programs, most often hotel requests are granted when it is a no-sum gain. As I mentioned earlier, many rooms that accommodate 3 or 4 will only have guests requesting 2 EP.

I'm not trying to game any system
I don't think so either that's why I said you may not have thought about it in that way :flower3:
most often hotel requests are granted
You're not making a request just erase that thought from your mind. You being a frequent traveler you understand when perks are designed with xyz policies. Think of it that way. EP included in Premier hotels is for occupants of the rooms. It is not for you to book a room for 3 but getting 4 EPs out of it.

Under their terms and conditions you'll see the following: "Benefit valid only for guests of Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel® and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, for the number of guests staying in the room for the length of hotel stay."

This Board does not allow discussion of circumventing rules/policies (and I couldn't even begin to think how you could even do this with this EP perk) so I'll respectfully leave it at my original advice to keeping looking. I can certainly understand how you feel trying to search for a room and I hope you can find a room eventually!

I don't think so either that's why I said you may not have thought about it in that way :flower3:

You're not making a request just erase that thought from your mind. You being a frequent traveler you understand when perks are designed with xyz policies. Think of it that way. EP included in Premier hotels is for occupants of the rooms. It is not for you to book a room for 3 but getting 4 EPs out of it.

Under their terms and conditions you'll see the following: "Benefit valid only for guests of Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel® and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, for the number of guests staying in the room for the length of hotel stay."

This Board does not allow discussion of circumventing rules/policies (and I couldn't even begin to think how you could even do this with this EP perk) so I'll respectfully leave it at my original advice to keeping looking. I can certainly understand how you feel trying to search for a room and I hope you can find a room eventually!
I'm happy to delete my post. Please tell me how.

I'm happy to delete my post. Please tell me how.
You can edit your post to remove everything but like a period symbol or anything else you just can't leave it completely blank but since it's been quoted the original content is still there. You can request a Moderator to either lock the thread or delete the thread if you truly feel you need to. There is a report button to the bottom left.

Please let us know if you have any more questions, there's so much information here and tips about park touring, places to eat and more!

Just looked over the Portofino king, and they read that they'll sleep 3. The 2 queen rooms read they'll sleep 5 w a rollaway. and if I recall, there is a charge for the rollaway???
Those are the max per room, and those are the max express passes per room. The occupants listed on the reservation, staying in that room, get the express pass/room keys w their names. Hope you can find a double room, or another option. Maybe just have to buy the express for the 1 who is not listed on the room reservation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter