**July 2020**

Disney has been closing the parks earlier than in the past for a few years now. They now add special late hour events that people have to pay for if they want to stay late.
Thank you for the response. We will make the most of the early morning magic hours! Not keen to spend any more on tickets!

We’re making the most of our APs this year by planning a quick July trip for hubby’s 35th birthday. I have both OKW and BVC booked already (ultimately, my hubby will pick which one we stay at).

We upgraded to 6 day tickets! Our current "6th" day (first actual day) is an evening EMH for HS.
We're not fussed about hitting the parks hard that day, and since we're staying on the skyliner, we may do a rope drop at EPCOT that morning (our Epcot plans are completely up in the air atm. We have another evening EMH at Epcot planned too, and we are waiting on more info on RAT and the new Crepe restaurant before decisions are made.
But def plan to take advamtage of HS EMH that night. Also doing an early dinner res at Artist Point in the late afternoon.

Late to the party but we are July 2-6 at POFQ. It will be our 5th trip this year as we are AP and DVC. Last year was our first Independence Day trip and we enjoyed it so much, we are doing it again with modifications. We are planning days by the pool and afternoon/evenings in the parks. Here is my rough estimate of plans:
July 2 - HS
July 3 - DS
July 4 - MK (waiting on dessert party)
July 5 - Epcot
July 6 - Home

Probably skipping AK this trip but we will get plenty of AK time before July.

ETA: Teacher here also but in Atlanta we get out before Memorial Day. So July is our second trip of the summer.

@Jfsag123 do we overlap at all? @buzzrelly

Last edited:
Anyone else hoping the Ratatouille ride is open by the time we get there in July?
In the past, summer has usually meant by Memorial Day weekend though not always. So I am actually hoping we get it for our May 30-June 7 trip but if not, definitely by July!

Late to the party but we are July 2-6 at POFQ. It will be our 5th trip this year as we are AP and DVC. Last year was our first Independence Day trip and we enjoyed it so much, we are doing it again with modifications. We are planning days by the pool and afternoon/evenings in the parks. Here is my rough estimate of plans:
July 2 - HS
July 3 - DS
July 4 - MK (waiting on dessert party)
July 5 - Epcot
July 6 - Home

Probably skipping AK this trip but we will get plenty of AK time before July.

ETA: Teacher here also but in Atlanta we get out before Memorial Day. So July is our second trip of the summer.

@Jfsag123 do we overlap at all?

Day 1! We're planning on DHS on 7/2 as well. It's our resort change day, so we won't be rope dropping and may spend a little time in Epcot in the AM, but that's our main park for the day. We'll have to figure out a time/place to meet up!
Here's our schedule of days. Looking at y'all for potential overlaps @ariane37 and @buzzrelly

6/27- DS
6/28 - HS/Epcot
6/29 - AK/MK
6/30 - HS/Epcot
7/1 - MK
7/2 - HS
7/3 - AK/MK Dessert Party (hopefully!)
7/4 - Epcot
7/5 - MK
7/6 - HS (Star Wars DP hopefully!)
7/7 - Epcot/ go home (wah!)

7/4 - Epcot
7/5 - MK
OK unfortunately if we don't change things we don't line up the 4th or 5th so I need to check the 6th and 7th! I think we're possibly doing Villains AH on the 6th but I think I had us doing a park earlier in the day; I no longer remember what days we're going where on our trips without looking at what I have written lol. But we're "near" each other on the BW so if not in a park hopefully we can run into each other around there!

OK unfortunately if we don't change things we don't line up the 4th or 5th so I need to check the 6th and 7th! I think we're possibly doing Villains AH on the 6th but I think I had us doing a park earlier in the day; I no longer remember what days we're going where on our trips without looking at what I have written lol. But we're "near" each other on the BW so if not in a park hopefully we can run into each other around there!

I'm sure at the very least we can make that happen. We don't stay in the parks all day. We do either a middle of the day break or finish our park time by late afternoon everyday so we end up having a decent amount of time in the resort area.

Here's our schedule of days. Looking at y'all for potential overlaps @ariane37 and @buzzrelly

6/27- DS
6/28 - HS/Epcot
6/29 - AK/MK
6/30 - HS/Epcot
7/1 - MK
7/2 - HS
7/4 - Epcot
7/5 - MK

So my plans are still all over the place at the moment!

Currently, we will be in DHS on 7/3 and then hopefully doing the dessert party that night at MK :-)

Then we should be at AK on 7/4, but hopping to EPCOT that night if they are adding a 4th of July overlay on those fireworks. I'm guessing EPCOT will be crazy that night so we should plan on meeting at the dessert party…if they ever open the reservations :sad2:

Ooh…I just noticed that we may also be in DHS on 7/6 :thumbsup2

We will be there July 9-17 and renting a house off site. There are 10 of us so it should be interesting. This is our first trip in the dead heat of summer but it was literally the only week that worked with all the kids schedules so we will go and enjoy it even if we melt.

Day 1! We're planning on DHS on 7/2 as well. It's our resort change day, so we won't be rope dropping and may spend a little time in Epcot in the AM, but that's our main park for the day. We'll have to figure out a time/place to meet up!

6/27- DS
6/28 - HS/Epcot
6/29 - AK/MK
6/30 - HS/Epcot
7/1 - MK
7/2 - HS
7/4 - Epcot
7/5 - MK

The 7/3 and 7/4 dessert parties are open! We booked the terrace for 7/3 :love:

Anyone heard if Disney will be offering the After Hours event at any of the parks during that first week of July?

Anyone heard if Disney will be offering the After Hours event at any of the parks during that first week of July?
It's not "technically" July, but Monday the 29th of June (so still the first week of July) is VAH and July 3rd has evening EMH at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter