**July 2020**

Still waiting for more information! I just wish we knew more. We have a July 16-25th trip at our home DVC resort (CCV) and my fiance and I are waiting to decide if we should go or not. We are like 65% going, but we are hesitant because we do not know what the reservation system will look like.

We were able to order our MagicBands tonight though! So that felt really positive!

I'm wanting to reschedule for December, but I'm afraid that they won't be having the Christmas party and if no values are open, we won't be able to afford to go.
I was afraid of staying off site i would not get in, we are hoping for parties as well guess we will keep our fingers crossed

Ah well, I lost my pet sitter. She's going off to college. I'm really happy for her, but she was really good with my horses. Thankfully I still have about 30 days to find a replacement and I already have a few leads.

Today my local arcade opened back up and I got to play Dance Dance Revolution for the first time since they closed in March. Dancing in a mask is not easy, but it was totally worth it.

This weekend I'll also be driving 4 hours to a theme park to see how I do with the mask at a theme park and then drive the 4 hours back on the same day. I need to prepare myself for the 18 hour drive to Disney World.

SO MUCH NEWS TODAY!

Looks like I'll be logging on to MDE at 7:00 am on Monday to try and score reservations for our July trip! I wonder how all of this is going to play out.

No (free) MagicBands feels...crazy! I'm glad I have a ton already! It will really feel like a whole new world now.

SO MUCH NEWS TODAY!

Looks like I'll be logging on to MDE at 7:00 am on Monday to try and score reservations for our July trip! I wonder how all of this is going to play out.

No (free) MagicBands feels...crazy! I'm glad I have a ton already! It will really feel like a whole new world now.
Why do you need new ones

Hey July group we are still scheduled for 7/18-7/26 at Pop. Waiting for Monday morning for park reservations. My DH is taking our DS9 to a local theme park that opens in the morning to see how he does with a face mask for a few hours. We live in South Ga so our temperatures are comparable to Florida. I am worried on how he will do. DH & I walked yesterday for over a mile in some mask made of 3 layers: 2 polyester 1 non woven liner and I'm not going to lie it was rough by the end of our walk. I am 45 and just couldn't seem to catch my breath in the mask. We will be trying out the 100% cotton face mask just as soon as we find some (hopefully today). We are also taking our 18 year old nephew with us for his graduation present and he wants to go so bad. He works for Chick Fil A and wears the 2 ply cotton face mask every day at work. He claims they do not bother him at all but I still have DS9 to worry about. Is anyone else with young children still planing on going this month and if so, have you tried out face mask and found one that seems to be the most pleasant, if that is even such a thing. This mama is worried and I just want to make the right choice for my family. We do go every year so parades, fireworks and characters or not a must this trip but I don't want my DS9 having a meltdown each day either in regards to face mask in the heat! Oh what to do.....

Hey July group we are still scheduled for 7/18-7/26 at Pop. Waiting for Monday morning for park reservations. My DH is taking our DS9 to a local theme park that opens in the morning to see how he does with a face mask for a few hours. We live in South Ga so our temperatures are comparable to Florida. I am worried on how he will do. DH & I walked yesterday for over a mile in some mask made of 3 layers: 2 polyester 1 non woven liner and I'm not going to lie it was rough by the end of our walk. I am 45 and just couldn't seem to catch my breath in the mask. We will be trying out the 100% cotton face mask just as soon as we find some (hopefully today). We are also taking our 18 year old nephew with us for his graduation present and he wants to go so bad. He works for Chick Fil A and wears the 2 ply cotton face mask every day at work. He claims they do not bother him at all but I still have DS9 to worry about. Is anyone else with young children still planing on going this month and if so, have you tried out face mask and found one that seems to be the most pleasant, if that is even such a thing. This mama is worried and I just want to make the right choice for my family. We do go every year so parades, fireworks and characters or not a must this trip but I don't want my DS9 having a meltdown each day either in regards to face mask in the heat! Oh what to do.....
My daughter (age 12) & I are going to try walking with masks on today. We're in PA & we've been waiting for a hot today. It's to be 88. I know it's hotter in Florida. I expect we'll just take a lot of breaks in Disney. We check in 7/22

I went to a regional theme park yesterday to get an idea about what to expect. Wearing a mask does make everything more difficult. I'm fairly young (36) and I'm in shape, but I did find myself getting a little winded at times. The mask also makes everything hotter. Water rides are also a terrible idea because once you get the mask a little wet it's really hard to breath until the mask dries out. The park was never really busy, but by 4-5 pm almost everyone left and by 6 pm it was virtually empty. I don't think most people are going to last more than half a day and yesterday wasn't even that hot (in the 80's).

I think everyone needs to be prepared and understand that the Commando Disney thing from rope drop to close just isn't going to work. You're going to have to take things slow and you're not going to last as long as you normally do.

Going to a local theme park to get a feel for things before you spend the money on Disney is a fabulous idea.

I went to a regional theme park yesterday to get an idea about what to expect. Wearing a mask does make everything more difficult. I'm fairly young (36) and I'm in shape, but I did find myself getting a little winded at times. The mask also makes everything hotter. Water rides are also a terrible idea because once you get the mask a little wet it's really hard to breath until the mask dries out. The park was never really busy, but by 4-5 pm almost everyone left and by 6 pm it was virtually empty. I don't think most people are going to last more than half a day and yesterday wasn't even that hot (in the 80's).

I think everyone needs to be prepared and understand that the Commando Disney thing from rope drop to close just isn't going to work. You're going to have to take things slow and you're not going to last as long as you normally do.

Going to a local theme park to get a feel for things before you spend the money on Disney is a fabulous idea.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will post the experience for my DH and DS9 tomorrow when they return home. I will be working so I can't go. I'm almost wishing we could push back our trip to the winter time if that is an option. Just so many unknowns.

July 19th - July 25. I've been able to get all of my park reservations, save for one. I got kicked out when I went to "check my plans" and now I'm back at the timer. Here's what I have to far.

Sunday: Epcot
Monday: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom
Wednesday: Animal Kingdom
Thursday: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Friday: Nothing (Hopefully Magic Kingdom later today)
Saturday: Animal Kingdom

...When you get it, don't go to "My Plans." Remember what you did or write it down.

I was finally able to get all of my park reservations for July. It only took me two and a half+ hours. No such luck for September or May. Something about Park Pass Limit Reached.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts