July Dining Reviews - Part 1

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
We were at Disney July 12-23 and US/IOA July 23-27. First week we stayed at YC with in-laws, July 19-23 we switched to Poly and in-laws went home.

July 12 (arrival day at YC)

Lunch - Beaches and Cream

This was our first time staying at YC and our first time at B&C. We loved it. Everyone got burgers. Kids got ice cream sodas, I got a frozen sunshine and DH just had a diet coke. We will definitely be back. We had just checked in when B&C was getting ready to open so we were very lucky and didn't have to wait for a table.

Dinner - Coral Reef

I was really nervous about this one since it gets mixed reviews. We were not able to get a first tier seating but we had a large booth on the third tier and it was fine. Kids could see the fish, loved the sharks, but we didn't have people all over us. They had a diver during our meal and kids really got excited. I'm not good at remembering what everybody had but I'll try. First 2 kids had pizza and ds had pasta. I had (of course I remember the one that counts) lobster bisque and crab cakes. I had to substitute the mashed potatoes for the hash and there was not problem. DMIL also had the crab cakes. DFIL had some chicken dish which we loved and DH had the flounder. DFIL also had the mushroom soup which he raved about. I loved the bisque and the crab cakes were really good too. Only the kids had room for dessert - they all had the make your own sundaes which they had fun with. Definitely would go back.

Next up day 2 - Columbia Harbor House and Liberty Tree Tavern

DisneyMomx7 said:
I was really nervous about this one since it gets mixed reviews. We were not able to get a first tier seating but we had a large booth on the third tier and it was fine. Kids could see the fish, loved the sharks, but we didn't have people all over us.

We were thinking about eating here on our upcoming trip. Do people actually intrude on your meal if you are seated in the first tier? :furious: Should we try to make a request for a higher tier? TIA

We saw several people trying to take pictures of the tank or walking their kids over to the tank and it seemed like they were basically on top of the people eating next to the tank. Another review thread (java's) also saw a problem with the first tier being bothered by other people. It's a shame because everyone wants the first tier! Even though we were on the third tier we still had a nice view and the kids were happy.

We're looking forward to the BC and trying out Beaches and Cream too! Sounds like your arrival day will be much like ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter