July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

I have stayed at POFQ and CBR (pre reno) and we loved both! I haven’t been at CSR, but it has made our “short list” before, and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there, either.

I would want to avoid missing the last days of school, as here those are final exams.

If you have your heart set on POFQ, though, keep trying. People change their minds all the time and something could open up.

Happy Sunday. We are having another relaxing (aka lazy) day around here. I'm reading some trip reports and I do have to go do a quick stop at the grocery store as we need diapers for the littles. I'm trying to potty train my oldest but he's not quite getting it yet. Both my boys are very stubborn... I swear I've no idea where they get it from :rolleyes1

Did my numbers this morning and they were good! Ketones were at 1.1 which realistically is still a tad lower than I'd like but I'm happy that it is rising. Sugar was at 4 which is pretty much perfect.

Think I'l going to do a salad for lunch and butter chicken for dinner tonight. Had Salmon yesterday for dinner which was amazing. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

panic over. I booked the correct date. I got myself confused looking at the wrong school callendar. Kids are finishing nearly 2 weeks early, DS won't miss out on end of year events. His exam is end of May so that will be ok but he usually enjoys the last few days in school as they do fun things

panic over. I booked the correct date. I got myself confused looking at the wrong school callendar. Kids are finishing nearly 2 weeks early, DS won't miss out on end of year events. His exam is end of May so that will be ok but he usually enjoys the last few days in school as they do fun things
I’m glad it all worked out for you. We have stayed at POFQ and loved it. But as I always tell my friends when they are struggling with making decisions on where to stay or what restaurants to eat at, it really doesn’t matter which you choose. In the end, you just go and have a magical time! But I’m glad you were able to stay with your first choice ;)

My motivation this week... I got on the scale this morning and it wasn't good, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be either. And then also getting inspired by reading thru all your posts the past few days I've been away, so many ideas of things I could (and should) be doing.

4th of July was a mixed bag, I have to admit I struggled feeling very patriotic this year. The drive to my Sister's was smooth sailing with very little traffic until I got right to her town, when I joined a parade of campers. It was fun to see so many people camping in the lots that are usually empty, some had 4 or 5 campers in them. I drove home early Friday and then proceeded to do very little the rest of the weekend. I did watch the soccer game Sunday morning, which was a lot of fun and very inspirational. And looking around the house this morning, somehow chores did get done although I'm not sure how or when. And somehow I also got the front garden cleaned up as well. My Sister is coming up this weekend for the community street festival, so I need to keep cleaning... now there's motivation for you!

Excellent! And I think you'll love POFQ. - We stayed there for 3 nights on our last trip, so feel free to ask questions as they come up. I'm not an "expert" yet, but I'll give it a try!

Also, here's my little trip report: Dec 2018

And here's the big thread on the resort: POFQ info
*** It's reeeealy long, so don't read it all at once and get overwhelmed! (In fact, I just read the "sticky" info near the top, and then jumped in near the current date.)

Good morning! Happy Monday. I'm trying to start my week of on a positive note to hopefully carry through the week. I did my yoga this morning, got in some jumping jacks and went out for a 30 minute walk with the boys in the stroller... the hills around me are much more difficult pushing a double stroller! It was more of a workout than I would like to admit, which motivates me to do it more and get into better shape!

My husband and I finally have a plan for me going back to work this fall, hopefully everything pans out fairly smoothly, and I'm hoping to take a turn in my career and find a spot in my dream job. I will need to be a good weight and strong to be able to pass the medical to get the job so more motivation!

Excellent! And I think you'll love POFQ. - We stayed there for 3 nights on our last trip, so feel free to ask questions as they come up. I'm not an "expert" yet, but I'll give it a try!

Also, here's my little trip report: Dec 2018

And here's the big thread on the resort: POFQ info
*** It's reeeealy long, so don't read it all at once and get overwhelmed! (In fact, I just read the "sticky" info near the top, and then jumped in near the current date.)
I second the "excellent", as POFQ is my favorite moderate: love the smaller size and the calmer ambiance is a nice respite from busy days in the park. Plus having the boat to DS is really nice. One thing that they've done in the past at POFQ that I've never been able to fit in is an evening bonfire where you can make smores'.

I am back at work today and back to a normal or close to normal schedule. Kids are away this week at my inlaws so the afternoons will be less crazy. I got up this morning and walked with DH for about 45 minutes and I just got back from going to the gym at work for my lunch.

I bought a workout shirt at Old Navy. It says “Motivation”, but the v is a slice of pizza. My husband loves Manco’s pizza on the Ocean City boardwalk and he’s had it 3 times so far (we just got here Saturday). So that shirt is very fitting this week. I’ve been good about getting up and jogging a mile or so on the boardwalk. The quieter morning boardwalk & calming ocean is also motivation this week.

Attachments

• 9D12D5E8-E215-4C4C-BBB3-2E6996105268.jpeg
    9D12D5E8-E215-4C4C-BBB3-2E6996105268.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 3
I bought a workout shirt at Old Navy. It says “Motivation”, but the v is a slice of pizza. My husband loves Manco’s pizza on the Ocean City boardwalk and he’s had it 3 times so far (we just got here Saturday). So that shirt is very fitting this week. I’ve been good about getting up and jogging a mile or so on the boardwalk. The quieter morning boardwalk & calming ocean is also motivation this week.

Love the picture and the t-shirt. Kind of makes me miss pizza tho....

A big motivation for me is staying at a healthy weight so my clothes fit. After the last couple years it is such a good feeling to pull something out of the closet and have it fit! Too many summers of hoping, squeezing into stuff after gaining weight over the winter.
When I get home tomorrow from the beach I will plan my meals out for the next week. I really would like to lose a couple pounds for wiggle room and I am feeling motivated to log my meals and stick to 23 points (plus my weekly 35).

What about early vs late June? Last school day is 29th of May so we could go earlier and try to experience some of food and wine? But I keep reading that early June the weather is the wettest of the year and I don't fancy it. However when we were in June

I am struggling with night time eating so I will try writing up few strategies on my lunch break. Need to get handle of this. Any tips

I will stick with I choose happy. I am not happy with this size and tonight when temptation to oversnack hits I will keep this in mind. I choose happy

Stolen from @Oneanne . It's just so simple and on point

TOPIC TUESDAY: TRANSFORMATION TOURISM

Transformation Tourism came up as one of the daily prompts in the yearly long clearing program I started a couple weeks ago... it's a concept that comes from Blogger Seth Godin, who describes it as follows:
"I bought the diet book, but ate my usual foods.
I filled the prescription, but didn't take the meds.
I took the course...well, I watched the videos...but I didn't do the exercises in writing.

Merely looking at something almost never causes change. Tourism is fun, but rarely transformative.
If it was easy, you would have already achieved the change you seek.
Change comes from new habits, from acting as if, from experiencing the inevitable discomfort of becoming."
In your journey to healthful living, are you a tourist, or are you really doing the work?

Last edited:
What about early vs late June? Last school day is 29th of May so we could go earlier and try to experience some of food and wine? But I keep reading that early June the weather is the wettest of the year and I don't fancy it. However when we were in June

I am struggling with night time eating so I will try writing up few strategies on my lunch break. Need to get handle of this. Any tips

I will stick with I choose happy. I am not happy with this size and tonight when temptation to oversnack hits I will keep this in mind. I choose happy

Stolen from @Oneanne . It's just so simple and on point
The weather really impacted my trip, it was so hot and muggy I just didn't have the energy to do all the things I had wanted to, and everyday there were thunder/lightning/rain storms. But I don't know if there's any difference between early and late June, I think the entire month is considered the rainy season. I've had it be hot during May trips, but nothing like June was.

what week of June were you there? We can't go May unfortunately and flights in the July and August are so expensive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter