July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

I was watching youtube video of one dietitian and omg, her portions look soooo tiny. I don't think this will ever be me.

Portion size is one of my problems. It easily gets away from us - I agree I don't ever think my portions will be as tiny as some people do.

Cajun salmon

Sounds yummy!

First 10 days, eat healthy and focus on habits - 10 k steps walks, 3 balanced meals and 1 or 2 snacks a day, cooking, enjoying my meals. Next 10 days I may look at can I eat/reduce my night time snack little.

Was your 10 day chunking something you came up with or did you read about it somewhere. It kind of seems like it gives enough time to give something a fair go but not too much time to do too much damage if it isn't working.

Also grateful that is summer and local store have delicious fruit in stock. This is going to be a good month. I am grateful for cutting down the places I talk about this and sharing it here, and for all of you that run the discussion month after month, even when it's quiet as I had this space to come back to.

Enjoy that summer fruit while you can! We are thankful you are back.

I am thankful that the snake on the window when poor DD went to the restroom just now was on the OUTSIDE of our house! I will be extra thankful if it stays OUTSIDE! I am also thankful that it did not visit me whilst I have been doing my cardio and Yoga on the back patio each morning this week.

I am thankful that the snake on the window when poor DD went to the restroom just now was on the OUTSIDE of our house! I will be extra thankful if it stays OUTSIDE! I am also thankful that it did not visit me whilst I have been doing my cardio and Yoga on the back patio each morning this week.
OMG I'd die!

Morning, I have done my yoga so I'm thankful for a good start to the day.

I have a park playdate this morning for the kids and then the babysitter is coming this afternoon so I can do some cleaning and grocery shop on my own. I'm excited and thankful for this, also hopeful that it will all go smoothly.

Happy 4th of July to everyone down south!

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th!
Thankful Thursday (a day late) - I’m thankful my family was all able to complete a 4 hour treetop & zipline course in the Poconos yesterday. It was an amazing experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. And honestly, I don’t know if I could have done this a few years ago. The first 3 courses were ok. But the last one was very challenging and I’m so thankful that of all of us completed it and we’re able to experience that together. And it was of course beautiful being in the trees!

I’m also thankful for our wonderful friends who hosted a 4th of July pool party that we could attend after such a hot and challenging experience. The pool felt fantastic yesterday!!!

It's Free For All Friday - share whatever is on your mind ...
Today is packing day for our beach vacation. Lots of laundry to be done. And I need to touch base with my sister to organize who is bringing what. I am the crazy person who absolutely loves packing! So I’ve been looking forward to this all week. But first, I’m going to fit in a run so I can keep “walking my way to Disney”.

Thankful for beautiful beach days with the family!

I will share the recipe for a famous drink here in OC-

Orange Crush
Fill a glass with ice-add
1oz orange liqueur
2 oz vodka
1/2 an orange, juiced
Top with lemon lime soda-Sprite or Seven up
An orange slice

I prefer to top with club soda as I don’t like a sweeter drink.

Enjoy!

I will share the recipe for a famous drink here in OC

Sounds delicious!

I started looking for something to wear to my nieces wedding at the end of August - tricky for a few reasons - A - I have not dropped the dress sizes I had hoped too - because my weight loss stalled the last couple of months. B - even though it will likely be cool at night then - we could get quite a warm day - so I think I want short sleeves, that I can add a layer too - so I don't get too hot (being able to get cool quickly is important at the moment for me) and there is still a lot of winter fashion in our stores. The fashion should start to switch out in the next few weeks - so I will likely be doing a last minute shop closer to the wedding - plus I figure that gives me a little time to get this weight loss back on track!

DD and I ended up having a day at the hairdressers yesterday - we went in to get a quote for DDs highlights and they were having a special - so we both had our hair done! I am moving towards blond from brown as I am so tired of the silver halo being so obvious within a couple of weeks of covering it up! I am not to the look I am after just yet - but think it will be a little work in progress. Fingers crossed. One of my boys in particular does not like it - says I do not look like me.

I missed exercise yesterday - first time since the first - I did not wake up early enough and had to get out of the house to pick up my mother to head to the shops. Will be back to it today though.

Ladies, can I ask out of topic question? Some are lucky to visit WDW a lot more than us

We have booking at FQ but I messed up the dates slightly and there is no availability to move. It will mean DS will miss 2 days of school and it's first year in secondary, don't feel great about that. I can move to CBR and I will get extra day or or CSR and it will buy extra few nights but considering we are talking 17 days plus.. .not sure. what would you do?

Hubby is saying last 2 days won't matter as much but if there are some end of year events I don't want him to miss out or get in trouble

I have heard good things about CBR now after they went through the refurb. I think you talk about 2020? If so, there will be the Skyliner running from CBR to Epcot and DHS. Also, you can visit the new Riviera resort next door. I think it would be a great choice!

This is a very positive review I read about the changes there: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort-review/

Image result for weekend quotes

Happy Weekend Everyone
I did get back to exercise today... needed some milk for breakfast so instead of the 15 minute 'walking' video I did a 15 minute outdoor walk around the block and grabbed the milk on the way back. Then came back and finished off with my 10 minute beginner yoga video. I am liking this routine of morning cardio/yoga - with another week of vacation I am aiming to get really comfortable with the idea of it becoming a staple of my day. I just need to start to plan for going back to work and how it will fit in. Which just means that I am going to have to set an alarm and get up and FIT in. As this does not really cover my activity needs for the day - I am starting to think of what/how to fit more in at the other end of the day. But I will add that to my next 10 day chunk of time to incorporate.

Reflecting on my current challenges today and honestly, I am letting snacking on sugary treats creep back in too much which of course will undo the hard work of my Keto meals. Speaking of it is already Saturday night for me so I am off to make dinner...

Ladies, can I ask out of topic question? Some are lucky to visit WDW a lot more than us

We have booking at FQ but I messed up the dates slightly and there is no availability to move. It will mean DS will miss 2 days of school and it's first year in secondary, don't feel great about that. I can move to CBR and I will get extra day or or CSR and it will buy extra few nights but considering we are talking 17 days plus.. .not sure. what would you do?

Hubby is saying last 2 days won't matter as much but if there are some end of year events I don't want him to miss out or get in trouble
My daughter stayed at CBR and loved it. And the CSR has been renovated as well. Both good choices.
I would ask other parents about the last couple days or check with the school. We gave final exams the last week-I like to think if a student said we’re going to Ireland, can I take my exams early? they would have been able to do that.

I did my yoga yesterday morning, had a very lazy Saturday so far though. I'm okay with that. Been sticking very well to keto didn't test my numbers today, will check in the morning.

I would love to stay at CSR especially with the gondolas coming, however I also love FQ. If it were me I wouldn't stress about the two days of school. I missed high school days for vacations, I even did an out of school exchange where I missed a month of grade 10.

I really had my heart set up on POFQ. The other thing about POFQ is that there is no quiet pool and we like to have a proper swim. In the big pools this is hard to do as they are always busy.

I was super happy with my meals yesterday.

Considering that it was end the week and had people viewing our place so cleaning in the morning. We were out of a lot of food and the food, but still manage to eat reasonably healthy

Breakfast was scramble (1 egg, 2 egg whites) bread avocado and hot sauce with the few sad baby tomatoes I had left plus some watermelon
Lunch was barbacoa beef from the freezer. I highly recommend this recipe. I made it in normal pot as I don't have slow or fast cooker and it was tasty! I added whatever I found in the fridge in the salad & olive oil and lime dressing.
https://www.skinnytaste.com/barbacoa-beef/We went to see spiderman in the afternoon. My son wanted to try krispy kream donuts - they arrived in Ireland this year and we haven't had them before. I decided to skip as 1st I wasn't hungry. Seeing the colour of the oil they fry them in.. I don't think I will ever want donut again! I went for skinny latte and small bar of dark chocolate as my movies treat.

Dinner was chicken skewers and salad. Store bought guacamole was rubbish for sure. We are out of bread the one in the local store was not much to my liking.

IMG_20190706_180902.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!