Jumping Joyfully into June's WISH Journey

Found out that the state clinic handling the genetic testing sent a letter that cause confusion at our regular providers office. Provider thought that they were supposed to order the laps but needed to see 11 year old so they could order them even though they just saw her in February (yet another reason why medicine is so expensive because I can remember when if they saw you in the past 12 months labs could be ordered. My sister and I both had anemia and had to be checked monthly at first and later every 3-4 months. We saw our provider every 12 months back in the late 80s early 90s) our provider was not clear on exactly what was needed so when they finally got a hold of them (in another town about 5 hours away) it was finally made clear to our provider that I was supposed to call the state clinic and make an appointment. Because of the distance it will be at the out reach clinic here locally except there is such a back log that we are on the waiting list that may possibly go into the fall. Once they let us know that it is open for calling to schedule an appointment I will be able to call and make the appointment for her toe see the genetic doctor and for DH and I to meet with the genetic counselor. At that point the labs will be ordered.
On other news with 11 year old our provider took a look at all the bug bites on her legs she has scratched and no infection. When my mom starts in on you need to take her in I can say that we have and our provider says they are not infected. My mother is one of these run to a doctor for every little thing have a cold that lasts more than 3-5 days go see a doctor and she thinks that I should do the same and the same for my girls.

Today I am grateful for.. today
:)

We end up in emergency hospital in Spain with my son. Trying to communicate important information without common language is experience but all good thankfully

I decided that my plan starting this Saturday when I return home will be

1800 to 2100 calories
Eating every 3 to 4 hours starting at 8:30. I get up at 5 am so this gives me little break
110 000 steps weekly goal
Bodyweight workout in AM every second day
Swim or aqua aerobics class once a week
Bodybalance class once a week

I will keep my carbs under 200g and up my fat to a minimum of 60g daily
Busy summer ahead of me. Both personal and professional. I need to try to keep myself healthy, both physically and mentally

I have been listening to "take a break" podcast. I actually don't drink at all but find some of the topics very applicable to eating

109 Is learning as a trap. Learning more to avoiding taking action.

They are also about 20 minutes only good for short walk in the morning

Happy Grape, hope all is well with your son! Getting sick while traveling is always stressful, let alone having a language issue!

I like your detailed plan-do you keep a food tracker? I find writing things down keeps me accountable. I like the idea of limiting carbs.

I am thankful for waking up and just feeling good! At my age, unfortunately, I hear of former colleagues or even family members that are dealing with various issues. Even my fit, trim sister in law made the mistake of trying to move a 50lb concrete planter and fractured a vertebra in her back. So that I can hop out of bed in the morning and live my life without pain is such a blessing!

thankful - mom image.jpg

Sorry for the last post today - watching the little ones this morning was a whirlwind.

@HappyGrape - I'm glad your son is OK now! That must have been scary!

My thankful for today is that I'm home and out of the rain! It's pouring here, and I got drenched taking the kids to school. (I'm still thankful for the rain too, as it washes away that pervasive yellow pine pollen, but it's nice to be inside.) ☔

Today, I am thankful for my children. There was a time when we weren't sure if we would be able to have children. And the joy I felt when I found out I was pregnant with twins is indescribable! While it was a struggle to have two babies to take care of, I imagined it wouldn't have been much different just adjusting to having one baby. Then the toddler years came along and they were just so cute and it was fun watching their little personalities shine through. Then they entered school and I enjoyed helping them with homework and it was fun watching them learn. But now in the teenage years, I find myself complaining about them...a lot! It's definitely not my favorite age. But I have to take a step back from the moment and remember that this is just a phase. And I am still their mom, which was always my dream job. And I need to help them through this stage of life just like I helped them through the other stages. Today I was filled with emotion as I watched them walk across the stage along with all the other 8th graders during their moving up ceremony. Today they walked through the halls of the high school that they will be attending next year to find their classes and go through their schedules. It's hard as they challenge me in almost everything they do. They desire to be grown ups, yet they are still only 14....okay, almost 15. But still they are children...my children. And I am thankful to be their mother. Through every stage of life....even the most challenging ones.

I am thankful that my 14 year old is willing to take over a lot of the stuff around the house because there are days I can barely walk to the rest room. Biggest reason why my exercise is restricted to the pool and some hand weights for upper body until I drop a significant amount of weight. Annoying thins is I actually weight about 20 pounds less then I did a year ago but my tearing my knee out last August did not help things. I do try to do a few things like today I picked up some using my grabber to get stuff off the floor.
I am thankful that we finally got the pay increase difference for the hours DH worked since January till mid May when the contract the was voted on and passed the end of April was finally signed and put in place even though they were supposed to get that with their checks for the very next payment date and it was only supposed to be for the hours ending for the pay period on that date.

We are flying back home tonight. I have spent a lot of time thinking about the future and how to ... do better. I was in really poor form 10 days ago
A lot of focus will be on planning ahead, making my life easier and time management and not stressing as much

I needed the holiday. It was strange in that I took the time to assess how things are and plans on how to deal with things when we get back

Hope your friend is well @Flossbolna

Hope your friend is well @Flossbolna

Unfortunately she lost the baby. But as painful as it is, I think she has started to accept that nature is like that. She is exhausted, but otherwise doing not so bad (physically).We spoke the other day and she is all set to try again to one day have a moody teenager at home! 😉

We end up in emergency hospital in Spain with my son. Trying to communicate important information without common language is experience but all good thankfully

Glad to hear it worked out ok.

I am thankful for waking up and just feeling good! At my age, unfortunately, I hear of former colleagues or even family members that are dealing with various issues. Even my fit, trim sister in law made the mistake of trying to move a 50lb concrete planter and fractured a vertebra in her back. So that I can hop out of bed in the morning and live my life without pain is such a blessing!

What a great thankful thought. It inspired me to try and focus on that too as at the moment I think I relate a little to your friends/family ... I am hoping it is just down to peri-menopause - I am not sleeping very well at all for the past month - even though the weather is cooler here at night I am sleeping in a t-shirt and cycling hot and cooler all night - I throw all the sheets doona off when I wake up hot and bothered just to cool down and pull the sheet and doona back on repeat, repeat. Then in the last 2 weeks at the end of the week I got a tingling sensation around my right temple and the last few nights I think I have had auras through the night where I wake with aura vision disturbances which further disrupts my sleep - I have been getting very mild headaches after these symptoms - which I am hoping is consistent with migraine. I started having auras last year. I did some reading today and the auras can increase during peri-menopause. Being the anxious person I can be though - when the auras happen I am always worried it is a stroke! I am going to take myself to the GP this week to discuss it all.

Today, I am thankful for my children. There was a time when we weren't sure if we would be able to have children. And the joy I felt when I found out I was pregnant with twins is indescribable! While it was a struggle to have two babies to take care of, I imagined it wouldn't have been much different just adjusting to having one baby. Then the toddler years came along and they were just so cute and it was fun watching their little personalities shine through. Then they entered school and I enjoyed helping them with homework and it was fun watching them learn. But now in the teenage years, I find myself complaining about them...a lot! It's definitely not my favorite age. But I have to take a step back from the moment and remember that this is just a phase. And I am still their mom, which was always my dream job. And I need to help them through this stage of life just like I helped them through the other stages. Today I was filled with emotion as I watched them walk across the stage along with all the other 8th graders during their moving up ceremony. Today they walked through the halls of the high school that they will be attending next year to find their classes and go through their schedules. It's hard as they challenge me in almost everything they do. They desire to be grown ups, yet they are still only 14....okay, almost 15. But still they are children...my children. And I am thankful to be their mother. Through every stage of life....even the most challenging ones.

Hang in there! Having twins is something we have in common and they are not too far apart in age - my 2 were 15 in February and due to our school year starting at the beginning of the year mine are almost half way through year 10 now. I had a 3 year old when I had the twins - I found the differences were that you needed to be more organised and you had to be a little stronger when it came to routines and getting them off to sleep - with the first one it didn't matter to me quite so much an he could get cuddled to sleep etc. bath time just took a little longer and feeding did too - a spoonful for twin 1 and a spoonful for twin 2 lol. I used to feel sorry for my oldest sometimes thinking oh you poor thing it was only you - as my twins just seemed to have this bond and an instant friend their age. My twins are still pretty good friends - they still bug each other and have their disagreements - but just this week DS agreed to help DD out for her photography assignment - she wanted one of her genres to be portrait - so he let her dress him and we went to a nearby park and he posed for her and let her take photos of him. Watching them interact and laugh together while doing it was a really lovely afternoon after school out in a beautiful bush setting. She got some pretty good shots of him. Raising kids is hard no matter your circumstances - but I will say I have pretty much done this solo since my kids were very young - it has been hard but I would not change it for anything and similar to you they are what I am most thankful for in the world. As for being teens - yes it has it challenges but overall I am enjoying it most days - DD and I have an occasional really butting of the heads (but I think we are a bit similar and that happens plus girl hormones!). My boys are pretty easy going. I think this stage brings the biggest challenge to both the kids and us parents - we realise we have to start to let go and they are trying to find their own identities, push against boundaries and start to take more risks, cope with peer pressure and friend issues, school, part-time jobs, thinking about what to be when they 'grow up' to pick subjects for school ready for college. I think they still need me now more than ever (not that they always admit it) because of all these things and if things start to fall off the rails now it can have quite the impact. Finding that balance of letting them make choices and have independence where they can combined with just getting them to really CLEAN THEIR ROOM or WASH THE DISHES! is tricky but important. Today DD had an independent adventure further than she has before - her and 4 of her friends caught 2 trains and a bus to a shopping centre a bit over an hours drive from where we live and home again - this was the first time this group did this - but as parents we decided they were trustworthy, had back-up plan (one mum drove to her friends place not far from the shops - if she was needed - she wasn't). My kids have iPhones and we recently activated the 'find my friends' app on our phones (I actually think DD liked that I would be able to see where she was with this based on our chat the night before). I was able to check in to see where she was throughout the day and she text me. The kids had a great time and I think it really helped their self-confidence and ability to take on getting out into the world a bit more independently. Was I worried and thought about her all day? Sure was - but am happy she did it and all was good. @PollyannaMom I agree it is probably to help us get ready for them leaving us.

If you bring your own food to work can you please share some ideas for afternoon snacks and lunches

Lately for lunches - I have been mostly trying to incorporate an extra serve when cooking dinner so that I have 'left overs' for lunch. When I am being good and on plan I find I do not really need to snack through the work day - the fat in my diet helps to get me from meal to meal. So I am not much help for snack ideas - as when I do it is not always a good snack!

Unfortunately she lost the baby. But as painful as it is, I think she has started to accept that nature is like that. She is exhausted, but otherwise doing not so bad (physically).We spoke the other day and she is all set to try again to one day have a moody teenager at home! 😉

Oh no - that is sad to hear. As someone who works with kids with varying degrees of disability (some with multiple high level disability)- sometimes we need to trust in nature taking its course. But it doesn't make losing that baby any easier. I hope she does get to have that moody teenager! Hey we have all been one at some stage :upsidedow

Boy was I chatty tonight! making up for being MIA most of the week :oops:

Today was another day of eating my meals as per my plan but I am still really snacky this week. I really need to get that back under control.

Friday happy.jpg

Free-for-all Friday is here! What's on your mind?

If you bring your own food to work can you please share some ideas for afternoon snacks and lunches

When I used to work in an office, I would have peanuts and dried apricots for afternoon snack.

When I take something to school, I always plan in case it's a peanut-free room, so I bring an apple, fruit snacks, or an allergy-safe granola bar.

Some other good choices are cheese and crackers, carrots with hummus or guacamole, or plain popcorn.

For lunches, I agree with planning for leftovers. I also sometimes take big salads, or a sandwich and healthy "chips".

I have loved reading all the posts about parenting teenagers-although I am 20 years past those days I can certainly remember them! I worked in a HS as well-but I really enjoyed that age. They can drive you crazy, but are capable of such kindness and sweetness as well! Now I’m at the stage where I get to watch my daughter be a parent and that is such a joy. Something for you to look forward to one day!

Since I ate breakfast early (6 am) by 9:30 or 10:00 I was hungry! And some days I didn’t eat lunch until 1:00. Other days I ate lunch at 10:30, so by 1:00 I needed something.
Mornings I would eat a banana or an apple-I liked slicing it so it would last. Or grapes. The fiber in these really satisfied me. In the afternoon I would add 15 almonds and a string cheese to whatever fruit I had.
If you can heat your lunch, my favorite was a bowl of homemade vegetable soup with some shredded chicken with a few triscuits or wheat thins. MickeyMom76 shared a recipe one month for a chicken chili that my family loved-it would have been great for lunches. I loved having a batch of something already made.
When strawberries or other fruits are ripe, I eat them with vanilla yogurt and a granola bar-finding some that are fairly low in sugar.

I have loved reading all the posts about parenting teenagers-although I am 20 years past those days I can certainly remember them! I worked in a HS as well-but I really enjoyed that age. They can drive you crazy, but are capable of such kindness and sweetness as well! Now I’m at the stage where I get to watch my daughter be a parent and that is such a joy. Something for you to look forward to one day!

Bless you! And I'm glad my DS had some people like you at his school. I occasionally sub for older kids in a pinch, but my heart is with the little ones (and I hear the same sort of "I don't know how you do it" comments from friends who gravitate toward the higher grades. :laughing:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter