Jumping Joyfully into June's WISH Journey

You feel better. Those behaviors bring on a determination to do more healthy, positive things."

I agree - being able to do something automatically as a habit really helps on those days when you really don't feel like it.
I tried to help kick off a walking habit yesterday - I had decided early in the day to walk when I got home - then late in the day my stomach was feeling a little off - I pushed through and did the walk anyway stopping at the shop on the way home to get a few things needed for dinner - the walk actually helped my stomach ickyness go away - so that was a positive thing from walking when I really had not much motivation to do it.

but in my mind I’m still in my forties

Many days I still feel like a teenager in my mind - my body doesn't think so though!

I'm blessed to be heading out to WDW end of this week, which should really help with my happiness levels, shouldn't it? I'm almost ready to go, I even got my vacation toes put on this weekend, including happy little Minnie white dots on one of my big toes.

I hope it does help with your happiness! We don't get to go to Disney as often as some of you lucky people. But when I took the kids for the first and only visit (so far) to DL back in 2014 - I had been battling some pretty low mood levels myself - and let me tell you that holiday (which included time in LA) helped me so much - I really see it as a turning point in my mental health. Disneyland was a giant part of that - way more effective than therapy lol.

DD is having her ankle surgery on the 19th

I hope all goes well and hopefully once recovered that pain will be resolved.

But I'm happy to say that those new shorts are way too big and the old shorts fit comfortably again!! And I don't want that to change.

What a great feeling!

Topic Tuesday

Image result for time poor

Hello everyone :-) Can you believe we are practically half way through the year? Where has that time gone?
Let's chat about time... when we focus on being healthy it takes time initially as we learn new things, make meal plans, cook new things, start exercising or mindfulness. Many of us are time poor - how do you manage it all? Share your tips for 'finding' or making the time to fit a new focus in your life.​

Since I'm single and only have myself to look after I don't struggle with time, other than letting it slip away if I'm not paying attention. And it does seem to go by so quickly. As mentioned we're already half way thru the year! Summer Solstice is just a few weeks away and then the days start to get shorter again!

I was thinking quite a lot about happiness yesterday, and making it a choice. Sometimes I get so hung up in trying to figure out why I'm stuck where I am, what did I do to end up here, yada yada yada... I need to just let it all go and I think using the "I choose happy" mantra to reset will really help.

One way for me to save time is to build exercise into my commute. I lucky that work isn’t too far from my home, so I can walk or bike. Currently I am trying to bike again as it’s the better workout. And it’s quicker than walking, so leaving time for gym, running or sitting on the balcony after work with an alcohol free IPA (my newest treat, 60kcal for a bottle and really tasty!).

Time is always an issue. So I’m constantly looking for ways to be more efficient!

As others have said, I also do meal planning. It helps me to save time during the week because I look at our schedule for the week and plan meals accordingly (including takeout if necessary). I often use the crockpot for meats and then just need to make side dishes such as quinoa & veggies. I also tend to make a lot of similar meals so the cooking is easier since I know the recipes now. Occasionally I use Hello Fresh which does the opposite for me. It gives me a chance to try something new, but I don’t have to shop and I don’t really need to measure because they send the exact amounts of ingredients.

Also to help with time, I prep most of my lunches for the week on Sunday. For example, I have my salads in Pyrex bowls, dressing portioned into little plastic containers, bags of carrots and bags of grapes for each day. I also have a dozen eggs hard boiled. I have half a shelf in the refrigerator reserved each week for my lunches. Then each night I make sure I peel two eggs, slicing one for the salad and one in a baggie for breakfast. So in the morning I just grab one of each and put it in my lunchbox.

The only way to guarantee I get a workout in is for me to get up earlier. So I get up about 45 minutes earlier than I would if I wasn’t doing a workout. Also, sometimes I will fit walks in while I’m waiting for something. For example, on Memorial Day our kids were in the parade with their marching band. So we had to drop them off an hour before parade time. While my husband got a coffee and reserved our spot along the parade route, I walked for about 30 minutes in the park. Sometimes I’ll do a similar thing before our son’s baseball games. I’ve even walked laps in their school parking lot while waiting to pick the kids up after school sports practices.

I had issues with the power for my laptop and decided to buy replacement on my lunch break. Came home to the realisation I chose the wrong one. I decided to try to change it and drove in peak time traffic to the store. While there I decided I need new laptop. It took forever to get service, I was happy with my new laptop after probably hour wait. On our way back, in traffic I noticed the receipt said - opened, pre owned! I went back to the store and they apologised (same price as new one buy the way) and changed it to new for me.

I work from home Wednesdays and need reliable laptop.

It took me while to set it up, I was done by 10 pm. Left home at 6 am and had no break at all. Days like this, you can plan what you want but I need to build up some resilience as I was so stressed over it and ... I should choose happy :)

I didn't sleep well last night. I decided to implement a rule - no 6 hours at least sleep, no workouts. Walk outdoors for me

We are off to short beach break tomorrow! A lot of packing to do today but I am so looking forward

I find I also let time leech away .... watching tv when I could be using it for other things.

I want to pre-cook a few meals this week to have in the freezer for back-ups instead of take-out when I am just exhausted and don't want to cook or something hasn't worked out that day such as I haven't stocked the fridge so no food and got caught up late at work.

Seems like for all us it is about using some time to really plan and schedule things then stick to it as much as possible that helps to fit those things in our day. Which kind of brings us back to our Star Wars Quote for the week that our focus determines our reality!

I was thinking quite a lot about happiness yesterday, and making it a choice. Sometimes I get so hung up in trying to figure out why I'm stuck where I am, what did I do to end up here, yada yada yada... I need to just let it all go and I think using the "I choose happy" mantra to reset will really help.

I too can over analyse when things aren't working out for me and I need to consciously flip my thinking. Hope your focus on your mantra helps out this week.

@HappyGrape Glad you got a new laptop - but sorry it was quite the ordeal! I know what you mean about resilience for the smaller things that can seem to throw our days completely off. But I also sometimes view that reaction as a sign as that last little thing was the 'straw that broke the camels back' as it being a culmination of a number of things up to that point and that tips us over to where we have lost our ability to cope until we can regroup.

Hope you have a great beach weekend getaway!

Woohoo!
Yesterday I went for a lymphatic drainage treatment on my face and neck, which was absolutely fabulous. When I mentioned tomatoes she showed me a book called "The Plant Paradox", where the author talks about lectins and the issues they cause.... tomatoes are high in lectins. I did some research and most of the other foods also high with lectins I don't eat much anyway, either because I don't care for them or had already noticed sensitivities - like legumes, soybeans, peanuts, potatoes, wheat(gluten). I'm not so much interested in trying someone else's miracle cure-all diet, but did order the book to learn more and see if there are some other adjustments I can make.

And the biggest woohoo - vacation!!! Yesterday I was in MDE and got the first case of tingles, looking at my POP arrival date of June 8! I'm taking the daytime non-stop, which is going to be so different than the red-eye that I usually take. I should be at POP around 6:30pm, will freshen up then head over to Flying Fish to have dinner at the bar (no stress trying to make an ADR time), then I'll wander around WS, and have a FP+ for Illuminations. I decided to not re-book the Villain's After Hours, and to leave that evening open for whatever. Yesterday in a thread here on DIS, someone posted that one of their favorite meals is the prosciutto and melon pizza at Via Napoli - what, how yummy does that sound? I looked it up and it's done with a white sauce, so I booked VN for one dinner. I've never eaten there so that'll be something new and fun. Really starting to get excited!

Hello all... I'm Lizanne, living in Seattle Washington. I'm in for another month. My goal and motivation for June is going to be to focus on happiness. I've really struggled with low moods lately, and there are some things I need to unravel to get back on an even keel.

I'm blessed to be heading out to WDW end of this week, which should really help with my happiness levels, shouldn't it? I'm almost ready to go, I even got my vacation toes put on this weekend, including happy little Minnie white dots on one of my big toes.

I've got a lot to accomplish this week, and it isn't starting off in the best manner... my computer would not boot up this morning while plugged in to its cradle, so I'm having to use it as a laptop which means I'm not displaying on my two monitors- grrrrr! Hopefully we'll get it sorted out, else its going to be a very lonnnnngggggg day.
Have a wonderful trip!

My woohoo is that we had our kindergarten celebration tonight. We combined 3 classes on stage to recite poems, sing a song and then called each kid up to receive their certificate. It was a great night to celebrate their hard work this year.

Image result for thankful thursday

Morning all - hope you have woken up full of focus on all the good things around you - share something that your are feeling thankful for today ...

Someone at work posted this Joyful June Calendar - I thought you might like it as much as I did :-) It might help bring some extra joy to our June. I am going to start looking at it each day and see if I can follow the prompt for the day.
https://www.actionforhappiness.org/media/790001/june_2019.jpg
I am going to cheat and start the calendar prompt today with you guys - Thursdays prompt is to ask someone what brings them joy. Sooooo in addition to sharing what you are thankful for today tell me something that brings you joy :love:

Last edited:
Today I am thankful for, well, I'm thankful for today! I slept well last night, have just a half day in the office, and then go get my hair done. I'm off tomorrow to do the last of the pre-trip chores and prep, then early Saturday morning it's out the door for my 7:45am departure... I live fairly close to the airport so it's really not going to be much earlier than a normal workday. I'm thankful to be on the non-stop flight. I'm thankful to be in a position to be able to take trips like this.

So, yesterday I was poking around in MDE again, because that's what one does before a trip, right? I noticed a little tab at the top of the Plans section for 'tickets' and clicked on it just to confirm my park ticket and low and behold, Villain's After Hours was there. What? I hadn't actually gone thru my bank statement yet, so was still assuming it had failed to go thru based on not being able to find the email confirmation. So now I am going to the party after all. It'll be fun, I'm sure... I'm most looking forward to seeing Maleficent rolling around, and after dark she probably looks pretty spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts