June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Someone on the MaxPass - Any More Info? thread quoted a CM as saying the 21st. As I said on that thread, it seems odd they would implement this big of a change with no notification, but I guess we'll see.

It was my understanding (which could be wrong) that on the 21st, the only thing happening was that all fast passes will be scanned using your ticket or annual pass. No digital fast passes yet.

It was my understanding (which could be wrong) that on the 21st, the only thing happening was that all fast passes will be scanned using your ticket or annual pass. No digital fast passes yet.

CMs are saying that the goal is to roll out Max Pass on the 21st, digital FP and everything. Now, that won't affect paper FPs, since those will still continue to work just like they always have. The only difference will be that you will scan your entry ticket or AP to redeem the FP in a line, not the piece of FP paper (which will only serve as a return time reminder). If the digital side of MP works on the 21st, then the service will be available for an introductory fee of $10 per person (which includes PP). But whether or not it works, paper FP will still be around.

Ah. I had read that digital wouldn't be rolling out until later and that the 21st was just the starting of the scanning park tickets/AP in preparation for when it does eventually happen. We'll see, I guess. I am hoping it doesn't happen until after our trip. Pretty crappy to essentially spring this on guests. I mean, they haven't even fully given the details on the system and then people who have been planning a long time will be effected by this.

By the time I tried to book a room for extra night, they had no rooms available.

1)So we can arrive early next Monday, park the car with all luggage at Disney Car Park, hit the park and collect the car at 1 and park in BWPP

How early do you arrive Monday? I ask because we'll be doing the same thing, only on Sunday. We're staying at BWPPI and I called them, because we think we'll be in the area between 10am and 11am. They said we are welcome to stop by when we get there and there's a chance our room would be ready, no guarantees, mind you, but there's a chance.

We're going to do that. If we can check in, great, we'll park and head to DTD and the resorts to check things out. If they say we can't get in until 2 or 3 pm, then we're going to head to one of two restaurants we've heard about in the area, grab a leisure lunch, then hopefully time getting back to the hotel when our room is ready.

... I mean, they haven't even fully given the details on the system and then people who have been planning a long time will be effected by this.

Actually, the CM told me that they aren't expecting most guests to be affected by this change. She said that guests who are in the internet-know are really a small percentage of the total number of guests who visit each day. Most guests don't have any idea Max Pass is coming and won't care. And a big number of that group still don't know that regular FP exists or what it does. Lots of guests think that paper FP is a paid service and won't go anywhere near it. Almost no one reads the information on the maps and guides. So she said they are expecting to be confronted by the Disney Dedicated (day guests and pass holders), but to be ignored by pretty much everyone else. At least for the time being...

How would I message you? I am new to this site

ah ok, how about this, 3pm at The Partners Statue in the Hub in the main park. I will be there from 3pm to 3.30pm and I will be wearing Melificent Minnie Ears. I tried getting Wifi in the park today but it was hit and miss, mostly miss.

How would I message you? I am new to this site

Click on the member's name in the box on the left or at the bottom of the post. Then click on the "Start a Conversation" link. Type in your message. In addition to receiving an alert here that you have a message in your inbox (upper right corner of the page), you should also receive an email notification. Happy messaging!

I'm home! We had an amazing time! Fp for GoG worked great. Since we were at GCH I came in its side to park entrance. Even if line long and have to wait it still puts you so far into park you ahead of the masses for EMH.

I grabbed fp for RSR 1st for 9:05 -10:05 then went to CS and rode several times, then TSMM. I wanted to get in line for fp for GOG before 9 general park opening so I headed there.(EMH was 8a)

They have a huge standby line for ride and a standby for fp too. If you show you close they let you wait in que for the fp. I was with another guy also with a 9:05. We just hung out by the fp machines until we could pull .

I got 10:30-11:30. So we ran across and did Disneyland for a while and then came back.

EMH for Disney resort stays is awesome for DCA. The other days you have to compete with MM but still opening first few hours we got what we wanted done.

Dd still there and was able to get a fp for am AND pm for GoG on Monday and not staying onsite either. They just grabbed early and came back later.

I will post pix on GCH thread over the week if curious. We got a new room and wow so pretty in person.
IMG_1519.JPG

By the time I tried to book a room for extra night, they had no rooms available.

1)So we can arrive early next Monday, park the car with all luggage at Disney Car Park, hit the park and collect the car at 1 and park in BWPP
2) We could book different type of room, check in Sunday night, hit the park in the morning, remove our luggage at 11 or 12 (check out time), bring the luggage back at 3. It does not sound fun at all does it???

3)Or book Sunday night at one of the Disney Hotels, there are some reasonably ok deals out there. Arrive Sunday and enjoy the hotels without going to the park and hit the park on Monday morning.

It's still expensive option. What do you think?

I like #3 but it's not my money :) #2, that would stress me out to plan the morning out with trying to get back to hotel and switch out luggage, but it is doable.

Just picked up our ride for the next 2.5 weeks. We head west tomorrow!

20170620_103457-L.jpg

CMs are saying that the goal is to roll out Max Pass on the 21st, digital FP and everything. Now, that won't affect paper FPs, since those will still continue to work just like they always have. The only difference will be that you will scan your entry ticket or AP to redeem the FP in a line, not the piece of FP paper (which will only serve as a return time reminder). If the digital side of MP works on the 21st, then the service will be available for an introductory fee of $10 per person (which includes PP). But whether or not it works, paper FP will still be around.

Did the CM happen to mention anything about if / when Disney was going to provide any additional information? I am wondering how MaxPass is supposed to completely start on 6/21 when they haven't even told APs how much the cost will be. :confused3 Thanks!!

Did the CM happen to mention anything about if / when Disney was going to provide any additional information? I am wondering how MaxPass is supposed to completely start on 6/21 when they haven't even told APs how much the cost will be. :confused3 Thanks!!

She didn't say anything specific (and maybe she wasn't allowed to at that point), but she was very reassuring and told me that CMs were prepared to help guests with this as much as possible. I'm thinking that Disney is treating this like they do price hikes. Basically no announcement, unless something leaks shortly before the hike happens. Then, one morning, bam! Prices are up. I'm expecting no word until Wednesday morning when the Parks Blog will have a very cheerful post announcing the basic MP details.

Last edited:
So lets say MP starts. I ordered our tickets through the Disney website but they are not linked to my app for whatever reason, not sure why I logged into the system under myself to buy the one day tickets.... should I call today and ask them to link them? Can they even do that? I assume they have to be in my app in order to activate MP right? Otherwise how would I buy MP? I will NOT stand in the line at city hall to do this, I guess I would just need to skip MP. Ugh.

2) We could book different type of room, check in Sunday night, hit the park in the morning, remove our luggage at 11 or 12 (check out time), bring the luggage back at 3. It does not sound fun at all does it???

3)Or book Sunday night at one of the Disney Hotels, there are some reasonably ok deals out there. Arrive Sunday and enjoy the hotels without going to the park and hit the park on Monday morning.

It's still expensive option. What do you think?

I'd do #2 and just pack up before heading to the park in the morning and have them hold your luggage for you there. When you're ready to take a break in the afternoon grab your luggage and check into your new room. That's what we always do anyway. I've never stayed there specifically but Tropicana held our luggage for us last year as did the Grand Californian (once last year and 3 times this year)

To all that have already gone and come home this month...
If you flew out of LAX did you have to remove your tablet from your carry on during security?
Just wondering if I should be prepared to do so since about a month ago there was an article floating around that said possibly by the end of the year everyone would be required to remove electronics larger than a cellphone and they were "testing" it at several airports already including LAX.
I know this used to be the case but I did not have anything to take out at that time.
But my sister always have to remove her portable DVD player and my friend had to remove her tablet... We're talking 2012ish was the last time they had to do that.

To all that have already gone and come home this month...
If you flew out of LAX did you have to remove your tablet from your carry on during security?
Just wondering if I should be prepared to do so since about a month ago there was an article floating around that said possibly by the end of the year everyone would be required to remove electronics larger than a cellphone and they were "testing" it at several airports already including LAX.
I know this used to be the case but I did not have anything to take out at that time.
But my sister always have to remove her portable DVD player and my friend had to remove her tablet... We're talking 2012ish was the last time they had to do that.

We flew out of LAX on the 10th, and did have to remove our tablets and place them in a separate bin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter