--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

Decided to book Goofy's Kitchen for dinner one night. We haven't done that character meal, just Minnie's 3 times and Critter Breakfast. It's more expensive than the others, but I figure it's dinner so it's money spent better since breakfast at the hotel is cheap.

We are doing Goofy's for Father's Day dinner. Goofy is my favorite - so we are thrilled to be doing it that night. We fly out in 27 days - first day at DLR is 30 days out! Can't wait!

Switching villas everyday gets you daily housekeeping :laughing:

I didn't even think about that! That's one positive way of looking at it. I'm more concerned we won't have a room to go back to for mid-afternoon breaks if our "new" room isn't ready until after 4.

16 days until our SoCal trip starts and 19 days until DLR! We're very excited, but as a WDW vet, I'm really feeling like I haven't planned it out enough at this point. We have no dining reservations, no set/specific touring plan, no fastpasses booked - I don't know what to do with myself!! But I'm really excited and can't wait. Both the 5th and 6th are Grad Nights, so I'm a little nervous about that - we have two full days at DLR on the 6th and 7th and possibly a little time on the evening of the 5th! It sounds like with the ticket changes this year that maybe they aren't so bad as they have been in the past?

Last edited:

16 days until our SoCal trip starts and 19 days until DLR! We're very excited, but as a WDW vet, I'm really feeling like I haven't planned it out enough at this point. We have no dining reservations, no set/specific touring plan, no fastpasses booked - I don't know what to do with myself!! But I'm really excited and can't wait. Both the 5th and 6th are Grad Nights, so I'm a little nervous about that - we have two full days at DLR on the 6th and 7th and possibly a little time on the evening of the 5th! It sounds like with the ticket changes this year that maybe they aren't so bad as they have been in the past?

I agree.
My kids looked a little concerned last night when they asked if i had my fast passes yet for GOTG and I explained you don’t book them ahead. LOL. I assured them it’s better this way.

I am right there with you. As a WDW vet I keep thinking "Gee I don't have all of ADR's done, no fastpasses booked! I must be doing something wrong". LOL. I think this will be a nice laid back experience and plan to enjoy the days we have at DLR. Woo Hoo. 5 day parkhoppers and I believe we will see everything and experience everything more than once.

got my tickets today, 3 day 1 park from Last Minute Travel Club. I have added it to the App, so simple. I printed out the PDF with the barcode, logged into the App and then scanned in the barcode. There was an option to name the ticket.

Arriving in Anaheim area on June 17th to visit with family until 23rd. They are AP and DVC owners. I am hoping for 3 days in the parks (DH said 2 but I’m pushing for 3!). Our first and only visit to DL was 6 years ago and I loved it!! Last time we stayed offsite for a couple of nights since we wanted to spend way more time there than our relatives who frequent the parks. Looking to buy my tickets through Ares as I did last time (unless anyone suggests another site). I wanted to stay one night at GCH or DL hotel but yikes $$$ (just missed the timing of the spring 20% discount). WDW hotels are expensive as well, but I am always able to get some sort of a discount.

Can’t wait!!

Arriving in Anaheim area on June 17th to visit with family until 23rd. They are AP and DVC owners. I am hoping for 3 days in the parks (DH said 2 but I’m pushing for 3!). Our first and only visit to DL was 6 years ago and I loved it!! Last time we stayed offsite for a couple of nights since we wanted to spend way more time there than our relatives who frequent the parks. Looking to buy my tickets through Ares as I did last time (unless anyone suggests another site). I wanted to stay one night at GCH or DL hotel but yikes $$$ (just missed the timing of the spring 20% discount). WDW hotels are expensive as well, but I am always able to get some sort of a discount.

Can’t wait!!
If your days are flexible make sure you check this thread:

Navigating DLR, Pixar Pier Opening, and AP Blockouts June 18-30 https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...-opening-and-ap-blockouts-june-18-30.3682212/

:wizard:

Maybe a silly question, but.... we got paper tickets in the mail. There's a line on the back that says "Print Name" or something similar but I have heard people on here talk about signing their tickets. Do we need to sign them, or just write our names on them? (Sorry - I said its silly, but I'm weird about getting things like that wrong!!). Thanks!

Maybe a silly question, but.... we got paper tickets in the mail. There's a line on the back that says "Print Name" or something similar but I have heard people on here talk about signing their tickets. Do we need to sign them, or just write our names on them? (Sorry - I said its silly, but I'm weird about getting things like that wrong!!). Thanks!
I just wrote my name. You want to be able to know whose ticket is whose so when doing fast passes you know which ticket is linked to each fast pass. Especially if not everyone is doing the same fast pass.

What gives with weekend park hours during June and into July? Monday-Thursday before we arrive, the parks open at 8:00, but the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we're there, DL and DCA open at 9:00, and then Monday DL opens at 8:00 again. What the hell? I was expecting 8:00 openings every day we're there.

What gives with weekend park hours during June and into July? Monday-Thursday before we arrive, the parks open at 8:00, but the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we're there, DL and DCA open at 9:00, and then Monday DL opens at 8:00 again. What the hell? I was expecting 8:00 openings every day we're there.
I cannot imagine these hours will stick.

:wizard:

I'm trying to keep an eye on Saturday opening times changing. I really want the first reservation time for Minnie's breakfast, and currently have an 8:10 booked. I would hate to have the times update at the last minute to a 7 am MM opening and miss the opportunity to change our reservation to 7:10. If anyone happens to see the times change, pretty please post something about it!

I'm actually hoping for the later opening... It will be our fifth day and I would appreciate the extra hour before dragging everyone out to breakfast. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter