--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

Have just made plans to take my grandson to Disneyland the first week of June. We will be there from June 3 through June 8. Hoping Pirates opens before we leave!

My last visit to DLR was in 1998! YIKES! Have been to WDW several times and am an AP holder there. We will be staying at the Anaheim Hotel across the street from DCA. Really looking forward to our adventure.

Have made dining reservations for BB and for a quick service type for the Fantasmic show. Decided not to do the BB for the Fantasmic package as grandson is 10 and he does not eat enough to make it worth the package price.

Any great ideas are so welcome. I know WDW like the back of my hand so this will be an entirely new experience to discover the magic at DLR.

My very first trip to DL was in 1965 as a young girl and almost every year after that. Then started going to WDW in the 70s.
On the refurb site it had Pirates coming back June 7

just booked my Fantasmic Blue Bayou Dining Package :)

Got a question though, Im planning to be in ToonTown around 12pm and hoping to get some quick service food. Last year only Plutos Dog House was open at this time but I see on the website that Clarabelles and Daisys Diner open at 11am in April. Im confussed

Have just made plans to take my grandson to Disneyland the first week of June.

Have made dining reservations for BB and for a quick service type for the Fantasmic show. Decided not to do the BB for the Fantasmic package as grandson is 10 and he does not eat enough to make it worth the package price.

Yeah, I understand not doing the Fantasmic dining package. We are taking our four year old grandson in June, and I was so close to booking the River Belle Premium Dining Package, but have changed my mind. I just can't see spending $180.00 for dinner and a view of the show, especially since our grandson is not a big eater. I also have a feeling he might find parts of the show a bit scary and loud.

Definitely going to eat lunch at Flo's Café one day, then Carnation Café for dinner one night. I was going back and forth on booking Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast one morning and have decided to go ahead and book it. Even though our grandson says he thinks the characters are creepy :-)eek:) I'm hoping once he's in the Parks he'll think otherwise. Just in case, I'm booking it for our last morning in Anaheim. That way, we'll have to time to see how he feels about the characters.:scratchin

Hey guys! We will be there June 17-22. Our 12 yo old sons 2nd trip. 3 yo and 1 yo daughters first trip. All of our first time staying at the Grand Californian VGC side. Pretty darn excited!

:wave::wave::wave:

Your dates overlap with ours! We are taking my 5 year old nephew and almost 2 year old son! :goodvibes

Hey guys! We will be there June 17-22. Our 12 yo old sons 2nd trip. 3 yo and 1 yo daughters first trip. All of our first time staying at the Grand Californian VGC side. Pretty darn excited!
There will be several of us staying there that week-so exciting! And we can all cross our fingers for some soft openings for WOC and Incredicoaster.

We're doing a Southern California Trip June 2-10 with Wednesday, June 6 and Thursday, June 7 at DLR. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We've never been to SoCal or DLR before, so this will be exciting for all of us. I have 3 and 7 year-old boys. Any tips for restaurants for lunch/dinner, experiences we have to do?

ETA: We're bummed we'll be missing Pixar Pier, but really hoping they get Pirates back up on the 7th so we can ride it. the 6th is Grad Nite - I'm not sure what to expect there for crowds/planning, but we're going for it!

Got my boys, 7 and 4, booked for the knight package at BBB. hopefully they like it! I’m just glad it’s not as expensive as the girls makeover. Anyone done this with boys before? I’m planning to get knight costumes and bringing them there that day. Will Disney have any issue with that?

Just booked my dining reservations! We are doing the Paint the Night dining package with Wine Country Trattoria! For a party of 6. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Yay! We have B.B. Fantasmic and I was just able to get WOC dessert party for our last night-the first night it’s back. So excited-but man, that’s a lot of money. I think I may switch Fantasmic to a cheaper option as I’m not a huge fan of BB food.

Yay! We have B.B. Fantasmic and I was just able to get WOC dessert party for our last night-the first night it’s back. So excited-but man, that’s a lot of money. I think I may switch Fantasmic to a cheaper option as I’m not a huge fan of BB food.

When are you doing BB fantasmic? We have that booked for June 19th and also the woc desser party for June 22nd. So excited!!

DD is going to Yellowstone with my mom for a week, so I decided to treat myself to a long weekend at DLR (DH can't take off work often in the summer, but he's cool with staying home alone with the cats lol)

I'll be there June 1-3 staying at Alamo Inn for the first time.

My family of 3 is going to DL June 25-28. Staying at DLH. Just booked WOC dessert party for 9:30pm. Can anyone tell me if this is the time we should show up for the dessert party or is this the time WOC starts and we should be there a lot earlier?

It’s getting real, guys! 44 days for us. I successfully added the three tickets I’ve purchased through LMT to my Disneyland app and was able to name them-need to buy three more this week. We have 8 going but one is under three-and I’m telling my husband he is on his own to buy his ticket as he can’t decide if he wants five full days and wants to “play it by ear” :earboy2: Another one of our group is a friend of my daughter’s, so I’ll grab her ticket and her mom will reimburse me.

We will be there Monday through Saturday, with Tuesday on in the parks. Thinking Monday we will drive over early and get checked in to the Grand, do our grocery shopping if we haven’t already. Need to decide about dinner that night but am tempted to just grill at the hotel and save some money and relax-maybe wander DTD for a drink. I’m so excited to stay here-we’ve never been able to before. Does anyone know if they still do the tour of the hotel?

Woo hoo...43 days for us until we arrive! So excited and I'm obsessed with all the new Pixar Fest souvies, food and treats! Need to make a list of all the things I want to buy and eat!!:love:

Trying to decide what to do Sunday (day we arrive) for Father's day. We can't decide if we want to brave the crowds at a local restaurant or just wander over to Downtown Disney and grab a bite there. I assume it will be busy everywhere for Father's day.
We usually go all day everyday on our visits to Diz but we're changing it up this time....parks days will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Looking forward to having a "day off" in between to sleep in, rest the feet, hopefully make it to a beach or museum.
Need to wrap up our family outfits and get a bit more educated on maxpass. This will be our first time using it.
I successfully added the three tickets I’ve purchased through LMT to my Disneyland app and was able to name them-need to buy three more this week.
So glad to hear you were successful with your LMT tickets! We too have LMT tickets and I was a bit worried about the process of loading and naming them. So many other folks have said that they were not able to name them. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

Can now say...we'll be there next month!!! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter