June 2018 discount watch

My daughter is participating in Dance the World June 21-24, looking to book an extended stay June 24-27... hoping something comes out soon :)

I like your line of thinking. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for that!

That's what I'm hoping for too!! I was hoping they'd throw a bone of those of us visiting just before the new Land opens!!

I called the other day checking for an UOC and nothing...they did say to keep trying back, and especially after the current discount expires - which is like 10 days or something...

We've booked a 2-br villa WL BC, and even though the discount doesn't specifically limit that room, there a NO discounts offered with the current discount on that room..

bummer

I have A Disney Visa card, and many times I am able to book a few days prior to discounts being available to the general public. You just need to put the deposit on your card.

I have A Disney Visa card, and many times I am able to book a few days prior to discounts being available to the general public. You just need to put the deposit on your card.
I have one as well but haven't seen any promotions yet. Have you?

I also have the Disney Visa have had it for years and only once have I seen a room discount promotion!

No, I have not seen one for this summer yet. Crossing my fingers. The discount is the same as the general public, but you get a few days prior to purchase. I’ve liked that, because I usually have a better chance with my first choice resort/ room type.

I believe WDW current early summer promo ends on March 7th. Be on the lookout for a new deal after that.

No, I have not seen one for this summer yet. Crossing my fingers. The discount is the same as the general public, but you get a few days prior to purchase. I’ve liked that, because I usually have a better chance with my first choice resort/ room type.

I believe WDW current early summer promo ends on March 7th. Be on the lookout for a new deal after that.
I just looked and it says, "Book through April 7th" so maybe they extended it?

How do,you get the codes? I know they come in the mail, but what makes WDW send them to you?

How do,you get the codes? I know they come in the mail, but what makes WDW send them to you?

That's the million dollar question. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who does and doesn't get a PIN/UOC. The codes can come via snail mail or email. Sometimes both.

That's the million dollar question. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who does and doesn't get a PIN/UOC. The codes can come via snail mail or email. Sometimes both.
Bluezy summed it up perfectly. Check out the sticky above entitled "Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes" started by CanadianGuy. Here is a brief excerpt:

How Do I Get "On The List" To Get A Pin Offer?

How people get selected for to receive email/postcard offers is a source of never-ending debate on these boards.

Signing up at the WDW website and giving them your email address at least gets you in the running. Ordering the vacation planning DVD does the same. Guests who have stayed at Disney resorts in the past are also key targets for future discount offers.

The theories as to how people are selected to receive an email or postcard are like belly-buttons, we all have one.

If you get lucky, you may get an email or a postcard from Disney. That email or postcard may contain a PIN (a series of numbers).. or a general public code (usually 3 letters).

At the end of the day - none of us know for sure how the selection process is done. My best guess after watching this for a couple of years now, is that it is purely random.

There is no guarantee if you do any of those things you'll get one. You could go to Disney once or once every month.. and you may or may not get a code.

I haven’t seen a Disney Visa discount in awhile as well.
One was anounced last fall or early winter (sorry, can't remember exactly when) and I booked a value with it for 15% off. I found out about it on disneytouristblog dot com (Tom Bricker) or else i wouldn't have know about it. I check Tom Bricker's Disney sites every day though I am not sure how reliable or timely with discount info he is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter