June 2018 TR - It took me 40 yr, but I'm finally back home to WDW!

We stayed at FW in a cabin this trip and loved it! frosty A/C worked great and it was nice to have the extra space. Rented a golf cart to zip around the fort. Never did make it to HDD - DD told me AFTER we checked out that BTW she gets a great CM discount on the show:sad2: Child if you had mentioned that ahead of time we would have totally done it!

MK looked great on Monday! you really got tons done.

Was your husband there for the Universal part? it seemed Cisco bought out Universal Studios one night last week-park closed at 6 pm for private event.

Great start of a trip report. I started mine last year and only did one entry and have had 3 trips since then....

We stayed at FW in a cabin this trip and loved it! frosty A/C worked great and it was nice to have the extra space. Rented a golf cart to zip around the fort. Never did make it to HDD - DD told me AFTER we checked out that BTW she gets a great CM discount on the show:sad2: Child if you had mentioned that ahead of time we would have totally done it!

MK looked great on Monday! you really got tons done.

Was your husband there for the Universal part? it seemed Cisco bought out Universal Studios one night last week-park closed at 6 pm for private event.
Yep, DH was at Universal Studios on Wed evening. Cisco apparently closed the entire park to convention attendees. He could bring 1 adult guest with him, but it didn't seem quite fair for him to bring just me and us leave the kids in the hotel room, so he just went with his coworkers.

He said that the Harry Potter t-shirts were $40 a pop! Definitely more expensive than Disney t-shirts. The kids were pretty jealous, though, that he got to go. We'll go to the one in Hollywood one of these days since we make trips to CA way more often than we do to Florida. It's definitely not cheap to go to both a Disney park and Universal Studios...that's why we haven't done it yet. It's so much less expensive for us to add 1 day to a WDW or DL ticket than to do just 1 day at Universal Studios.

Last edited:

We talked during dinner this evening about our 2 "best and worst" things at each park that we went to during last week's vacation. I thought that all of our "best and worst" lists were fun & interesting, so I thought it would be fun to share with all of you! So here we go!

First, here are ODD's 2 best things about each park:
Magic Kingdom:

1. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
  2. toss up between Splash Mountain & BTMRR
Animal Kingdom:
  1. Pandora Flight of Passage
  2. Pandora Flight of Passage
Epcot:
  1. Voices of Liberty
  2. the department store in Japan
Here's YDD's list...
Magic Kingdom:

1. Splash Mountain
  2. BTMRR
Animal Kingdom:
  2. the Pandora area at night
Epcot:
  1. Test Track
  2. Voices of Liberty
My list....
Magic Kingdom:

1. Peoplemover
  2. Hall of Presidents
Animal Kingdom:
  2. Kilimanjaro Safaris
Epcot:
  1. Via Napoli
  2. Voices of Liberty
DH's list of bests....
Magic Kingdom:

1. Peoplemover
  2. Carousel of Progress
Animal Kingdom:
  2. leaving Animal Kingdom because it was so oppressively sweaty :rotfl2:

Reactions: DLo
And here's our list of 2 "worsts" for each park!

ODD's Magic Kingdom list:
  1. everything was a lot more spread out, so we had to walk farther
  2. it was hotter than Disneyland
YDD's Magic Kingdom list:
  1. it seemed like we had to walk more
  2. "The ground seemed harder to walk on. It hurt my feet."
My Magic Kingdom list:
  1. FP were more complicated
  2. the weather in June in central Florida. I'd like to go in a cooler time of year next time
DH's Magic Kingdom list:
  1. "I really don't like the FP system at Disney World."
  2. "Everything is farther apart."
ODD's Animal Kingdom list:
  1. it was hotter than the 2 other parks we went to
  2. it was really hot
YDD's Animal Kingdom list:
  1. "It was SO hot there, Mama!"
  2. "There aren't a whole lot of rides there."
My Animal Kingdom list:
  1. it felt like the 7th circle of hell sort of hot in Animal Kingdom
  2. we didn't have time to see much of Animal Kingdom because the heat sapped all of our energy
DH's Animal Kingdom list:
  1. it was too hot there
  2. it was too hot there
ODD's Epcot "worst" list:
  1. everything was really spread out
  2. there weren't enough shady places
YDD's Epcot list:
  1. "Even the ground was so hot that it made my feet hot."
  2. "Everything was about restaurants and shopping"
My Epcot list:
  1. not enough shady places to sit
  2. Futureworld is ugly

1 more quick thing for now...Voices of Liberty was amazing. When they sang "America the Beautiful," it brought tears to my eyes. It was so moving. They are so talented.

It's definitely not cheap to go to both a Disney park and Universal Studios...that's why we haven't done it yet. It's so much less expensive for us to add 1 day to a WDW or DL ticket than to do just 1 day at Universal Studios.
oh yep it is way way cheaper to add a day! We have AP's to WDW this past year (thanks to kiddo working there off/on past year) so it was worth it to bite the (huge) bullet once. And this time we decided-since tickets to WDW were already paid for that we'd go to Universal. And then when we get there my plan to upgrade to a seasonal pass for 3 of us and a preferred for one of us (to get the parking) totally went out the window when DH decided we needed the Premier which includes the after 4 EP!! But 2 trips of at least 3 days will make that pass "worth it". Now planning on how to get back for HHN as a surprise for middle's 16th Bday. Both her siblings have had trips alone with a parent but she hasn't (yet) because her swim and band schedules are nuts.

the department store in Japan
Love this place!! always have to stop in there.

Peoplemover
Excellent choice :)

it felt like the 7th circle of hell sort of hot in Animal Kingdom
Yeah AK gets hot! Last thanksgiving I think was the time we really enjoyed it the most as it wasn't surface of sun hot!

How cool that the company bought the park out! Have to admit-as we left and saw all the bars/food stations being set up I was a bit jealous!!

I just read through your trip report to-date. Loved how it feels like I was there too. And I WAS there that weekend too! It was SOOO HOT. I hear ya. I ended up not doing as much as I thought I would just because I was lazy to walk from one ride to another and I spent a lot of time sitting in places and getting something to eat/drink instead, :)

Sorry you have had some downer CMs. That is unfortunately especially on a first visit. I hope you got some magical CMS too!

I really like your comparisons between DLR and WDW. I was just in DLR in May. I actually prefer all the DLR versions of the rides, I guess it's because I'm a WDW vet and DLRs version is something new to me. I love DLR's version of Pirates. I've never actually rode a Doombuggy with a stranger, - they kinda just let you fill in the doombuggys as you wish, but if a stranger got on with me or with me and my DH I'd be like, Uh No you get your own! Haha.

Glad your DDs enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo! It's something that I'd like to try one day.

Looking forward to more!

Let's see...when we left off, it was the end of Sunday and we had returned back to ASMusic from an amazing time at Hoop Dee Doo at Fort Wilderness. We all crashed and got a good night's sleep. I have a good friend who has gone to WDW 3 times now with her family of 6 (her, DH, 4 kids). They usually stay in Shades of Green because her DH is in the Army. I told her about the Fort Wilderness cabins, how they sleep 6, has a kitchen, etc. Her kids would just love Fort Wilderness. And having a kitchen would be great for them because 1 or 2 of her children have food allergies, so whenever they travel, they usually pack all of their own food and rarely eat in restaurants.

Ok anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Monday June 11 - EPCOT DAY!
The morning started like the one before with the 4 of us all getting up fairly early and having breakfast together. DH got a ride to the convention center with his coworkers. He had a very full day on Monday at the convention. Our original plan was for him to possibly join us back at Epcot in the evening, but those plans were thwarted by him being so tired from doing convention stuff and attending classes all day, combined with needing to study some more for his Tuesday certification test.

So the kids & I got in the rental car and drove the 15-20 min to Epcot. The parking is so much more convenient at Epcot...it's so close to the park entrance! Once again, it was something like 8:30-8:35 am and we were already sweaty and it wasn't even 85 degrees yet! We made our way to security and had this awesome CM search through my park bag/purse. He was so great. Funny, smiling, such a great attitude. He made up for the cranky pants CMs that we'd encountered previously. I asked if I could take his picture so I could put in a thank you for him later.
upload_2018-6-20_23-12-52.png

Well, my plans for us being at Epcot to be in the front of the line for 'rope drop' didn't work out. We got into the park at 8:50 am and there was already a pretty decent pack of people. There must have been some sort of drum thing going on because I could hear a CM shouting up front, followed by lots of drumming, but couldn't make out what the CM was saying. The kids in that 10 min wait got pretty grumpy and EVERYONE, including us, was just drenched in sweat. The sun was beating down on everyone and with no breeze, it was already getting ripe at 8:50 am! :rotfl2:Here's a bit of what I'm talking about...
upload_2018-6-20_23-15-17.png

I also took this panoramic shot...
upload_2018-6-20_23-15-52.png

I was hoping that at Epcot, they'd have PP photographers out in Futureworld like they did on Main Street at MK. I figured that since my kids tended to be in better moods in the morning, maybe we could get a pic or 2 of the 3 of us somewhere around Spaceship Earth. NOPE! No photographers anywhere. One other thing...I don't quite understand what the deal is with that weird stone sort of futuristic graveyard thing with washed out photos of people all over them. It looked like something that would belong in a Star Trek episode or something. :rotfl: My kids thought it was weird.

Our first order of business was Soarin'. I could have passed on Soarin' since we just went on it at DCA back in March, but my kids love this ride so on it we went! It was lovely to be in air-conditioned space, but I was still sweating like a pig throughout the queue. We only had to wait 5 or so minutes. It was annoying having to walk all the way through the 1980's-style indoor mall disguised as a theme park building in order to GET to the entrance to Soarin', though.
upload_2018-6-20_23-20-59.png

The neon lights in the queue of this attraction are neat, but I much prefer the queue in the DCA version. They have it in the Grizzly Peak area of DCA and it's themed to look just like a national park. The Soarin' queue at DCA is all aviation-themed with cool 1930s-40s era sort of aviation photos with really awesome music playing while you wait. This queue almost seemed to go better with Space Mountain. Anyway, we really enjoyed the ride. The lady sitting next to me hadn't been on it before, so it was cool hearing her reactions to it while we were on the ride! :cheer2:

After Soarin', we walked to the other side of Futureworld to use our FP for Test Track...
upload_2018-6-20_23-23-56.png

This is the "car" that the kids designed...
upload_2018-6-20_23-24-30.png

Then it was time to move on to vehicle testing!
upload_2018-6-20_23-25-5.png

It's almost our turn!
upload_2018-6-20_23-25-42.png

So our general thoughts about Test Track:

• ODD & YDD both really liked designing the ride vehicle, but didn't understand why the actual ride vehicle didn't look like that. :rotfl2:Well, ODD got it, but YDD definitely did not.
    • They both loved how it went a lot faster than Radiator Springs Racers.
    • I prefer the theming of RSR.
    • I don't like how Test Track goes over a parking lot. I thought that was pretty lame.
    • The indoor area you go through before you race outside could be improved upon. The neon lighting on its own doesn't quite cut it.
    • The kids loved it though and wanted to go again, but I nixed that since it would mean waiting a ton.

Last edited:
Then we walked across Future World yet again....I"m sorry, but I don't find ANY of this attractive or appealing at all.
upload_2018-6-20_23-29-36.png

And we hadn't ever been on the Figment ride. I thought, "Oh it can't really be as bad as everybody says it is. This is a Disney attraction, after all! Besides, we'll try anything at least once."
upload_2018-6-20_23-30-59.png

People...it really is as bad as everyone says it is. The song is lame and isn't even catchy. I think that there was maybe only 1 audio-animatronic Figment. Or maybe there were 2 and I'm just blocking that out of my memory! HAHAHA! SO lame. Pathetic, really. I can see why Figment has a FP for it because, honestly, there isn't all that many FP-worthy attractions at Epcot for families with young children. And now I know why the wait time for Figment is usually short.

You know what was especially bad? The interactive play area right after you exit the ride. That's a perfect place for a family with young children to let the kids play and let off some steam, yet do it indoors out of the heat. More than half of the interactive stations didn't even work. I'm talking...Microsoft Windows error messages on the screens, that sort of thing. BAD! Like, that isn't even Disney-worthy. They should just shut the whole attraction down and redo it with something truly all-age friendly. Something that doesn't suck as much as that attraction does!

ODD said, "Mama, I think I lost some brain cells going through that."
YDD followed up with, "Yeah, I think I'm more stupid now."

I don't remember after Figment what time it was, but it was already feeling like center of the sun hot & sweaty and it felt like all of Futureworld was a gigantic microscope reflecting all of that heat off of the monstropolis of concrete. No place to sit in the shade. All of the seating was in the blazing hot sun. The reflected heat was so much that even the bathroom was hot & sweaty (and SMELLY!). YUCKO!

So we went to Spaceship Earth...We had FP, but there was a line and we waited about 20 min in the FP line...half of that was a FP line in the sun. Out of desperation, I got out the umbrella and we used that for shade.
upload_2018-6-20_23-38-35.png

The kids gave the queue for this a big thumbs down. It got better once we were in the air-conditioned part of the line, but until then it was pretty miserable. And for some reason, there was a back up of this huge family group with multiple scooters and none of them could figure out what in the world they were doing. So they held up the line and then they all bunched up together, thus confusing other people who thought that the family group was the end of the line. That was fun.
Here's a blurry pic of the Egypt part of the ride....
upload_2018-6-20_23-40-48.png

So our thoughts of Spaceship Earth?
Meh. :confused3 It was ok. It was lovely to get to sit for several minutes in air conditioned space. The trip through history was just ok. My kids thought it was boring. They thought that the ride photo thing at the end was kind of weird. YDD said the ride photo was creepy. We were not in love with it. If I were to go to Epcot again, I would probably skip this attraction. I do not understand why it's a Tier 1 FP ride, to be honest.

Now we were all tired and hungry and worn out, but I was running out of time for us to make it all the way to the other end of the Epcot universe and get to Via Napoli in Italy by our 11:35 am lunch reservation. We stopped to sit for a couple of min under a tree. Then the kids wanted to stop for a snack. SO grumpy! I told them just a few more min and then we will be there. By now, YDD and ODD really were hating Epcot. They were saying stuff like "This park sucks. It's too hot. Everything is so far apart. Why is it so ugly? Why aren't there any trees? Why are all the benches in the sun? Why didn't they build a train or a tram or something?" Happy campers they were not!

Finally...finally, we made it to Italy and only had to wait a couple of min to be seated. THANK YOU, BABY JESUS! We drank copious amounts of water. YDD was so hot that she put her WDW battery-operated fan (the one I'd bought for her just an hour before because hers from home broke and I was desperate...best $20 I spent on that whole entire trip!) on the table and had it blowing in her face the whole entire time we were in the restaurant.

That's how hot we were.

Here's their requisite cup face picture. HAHA!
upload_2018-6-20_23-47-31.png

I really liked the frescoes on the wall in this restaurant.
upload_2018-6-20_23-48-2.png

And the pizza ovens are really neat here.
upload_2018-6-20_23-48-30.png

On a whim, I ordered the arancini appetizer. Pricey at about $13, but OH MY LORD, THESE THINGS ARE LIKE MANNA FROM HEAVEN! YDD is a picky eater, so she just looked at them like they were poisonous, but ODD is a much more adventurous eater, so she tried it and declared it wonderful. She ate one and I had the other. Our waiter said that they're just like from back home in Italy.
upload_2018-6-20_23-49-53.png

I made the mistake of ordering a large pizza for the 3 of us to share instead of an individual pizza for us to share. I also ordered a salad for 2. I liked the salad, but ODD didn't care for it. The arancini, large pepperoni pizza, salad for 2, and 3 drinks with tax and tip came to a whopping $73. Pretty expensive for lunch for 1 adult and 2 kids, but at that point, I didn't care. The last thing I wanted to do was to eat outside and I'm glad that we ate here because the food was all super super good. The pizza was superb. We all loved it. We left half of the pizza there. They offered to box it up for us, but we weren't going to be able to get it refrigerated in under 2 hr, so I passed. The pepperoni on this pizza was just right. The crust is amazingly good! See that fan sitting there on the table? :rotfl2:
upload_2018-6-20_23-52-57.png

During lunch, the kids declared that they were done and ready to go back to the hotel. They also said that they didn't want to go back to Epcot in the evening. So no Illuminations. That's ok...I watched a couple of YouTube videos of it and I don't understand what the big deal is about Illuminations, so I wasn't too worked up over it. You know what? I'm glad that we didn't spend a ton of $$ on an expensive dinner package for Illuminations FP viewing!

But I DID tell the kids that we couldn't leave until we did a couple of things:
1. go hear the Voices of Liberty sing
2. go to the department store in Japan
3. see the Norway pavilion
4. go on the 3 Caballeros ride in Mexico

So first we went over to the American Pavilion and heard the Voices of Liberty. Oh my goodness, that was just beautiful. I got teary eyed during their rendition of America the Beautiful. Both of the girls really enjoyed it. I would have loved to go straight into that American experience movie thing right after that, but the kids were just done with Epcot at that point and they wanted to leave as fast as possible.
upload_2018-6-20_23-57-18.png

upload_2018-6-20_23-57-34.png

Cool pic of the rotunda above our heads...
upload_2018-6-20_23-57-59.png

Reactions: DLo
We then went next door to the Japan pavilion to go into the department store...
upload_2018-6-20_23-59-14.png

upload_2018-6-20_23-59-31.png

The department store in Japan was fun to browse through. I had a flashback to my childhood when I saw 1 of these monchichi dolls!
upload_2018-6-21_0-0-28.png

ODD had saved up her birthday money and bought 1 of these pillows and some other souvenirs..
upload_2018-6-21_0-1-7.png

As we were leaving Japan, I saw this samurai statue that I thought was pretty cool. We were in Las Vegas in April 1 weekend and got to see the samurai exhibit at the museum at the Bellagio Hotel. That was really amazing.
upload_2018-6-21_0-2-7.png

And still through this whole time I've hardly seen ZERO PP photographers! I was starting to get annoyed because I thought, "What the heck did I blow that $169 for then?" But I talked myself out of my grumpy pants since it was money already spent and there was nothing I could do about it at that point.

While walking slowly from Japan to Norway, I stopped to take this panoramic picture. My kids were fully annoyed with me at this point. As we walked through the American area again, some show had started...it was supposed to be Guardians of the Galaxy themed and the band/music group playing was really good, but I don't understand why that was in Epcot or the American pavilion. To be honest, it was kind of lame. It would have fit a lot better in Hollywood Studios, but I'm also talking out of my rear end because we never actually WENT to Hollywood Studios! LOL! At this point in the day, the kids are REALLY mad because they can see that giant golf ball way off in the distance and they KNOW that is how far we have to walk in order to get out of there.
upload_2018-6-21_0-5-47.png

So then we were approaching the Norway pavilion, which I was really looking forward to because my grandmother was Norwegian and my grandparents used to sell Scandinavian crafts to gift shops all over the place. But my kids were so grumpy that I couldn't even go in the miniature Trondheim cathdedral. We skipped over the Anna & Elsa meet & greet, which only had a 15 min wait. I didn't even get to purchase a pastry in the pastry shop. Only had time to take a couple of quick photos and to look briefly in the gift shop...which was a total disappointment. The trolls they had in there were NOT the same sort of trolls that my grandmother used to have all over her house. No cute little tomte or nisse for sale. Just ugly trolls and Holly Hansen stuff. BLEH!

upload_2018-6-21_0-9-30.png

upload_2018-6-21_0-9-49.png

upload_2018-6-21_0-10-9.png

Next up was the Mexico pavilion. The way they disguised this huge indoor warehouse was pretty good, I think, with the whole Mayan temple thing. But you know what? When you're actually INSIDE it...like you're in that San Angel restaurant or on the ride and you look up, you can TOTALLY tell it's a warehouse building. SO UGLY! Zero attempts to make it seem like you're not indoors.
upload_2018-6-21_0-12-22.png

I liked the Dia de los Muertos exhibit. Living in Arizona, Dia de los Muertos is a pretty big deal. I have a friend who sets up an ofrenda every year. And down in Tucson, there is a big Dia de los Muertos processional every year that's really neat.
upload_2018-6-21_0-13-31.png

upload_2018-6-21_0-13-47.png

upload_2018-6-21_0-14-4.png

Then we got in line for the 3 Caballeros ride. Wait time was posted at about 15 min and I'd say that it took about 15 min to get on it. We were sweating the whole entire time. Sweaty park guest body odor + Mexican restaurant smells = a nauseous YDD.
upload_2018-6-21_0-15-18.png

The idiot behind us on the boat was sticking his hand in the water and somebody else in his group said, "You're not supposed to do that. You could really get hurt." Idiot Park Guest kept blabbing about "What's the big deal if I go ahead and do it?" I turned my head around (because now I have my grumpy pants on and he was killing the mood with all of his lame macho moron talk) and said, "You should listen to her. She knows what she's talking about. If you'd like to lose a couple of fingers, keep it up, but Disney can see everything you're doing." Then Mr. Idiot finally shut up.

Ok, so here's my thoughts of the Gran Fiesta Tour ride...
  • it relies too much on video/TV screens
  • there's aren't enough audio-animatronics in it
  • I didn't like having to wait until the very end to actually see all of the 3 Caballeros together
  • Disney could have done a lot more with this ride but I think that it fell pretty flat.
If I had nothing better to do, I'd go on it again at Epcot. But I can see why there's usually a short wait for this attraction.

upload_2018-6-21_0-15-36.png

After that, we left. I think that by the time we got back to the room, it was 3:00 pm. We were exhausted, sweaty, and just plain old miserable and grumpy. Vowed to not go back that evening and not go back for the rest of the trip. The kids were pretty annoyed by it all. I was, too, but I told the kids, "Hey, we've had some adventures this trip so far. Some really great ones like yesterday at Magic Kingdom. And some pretty lousy ones today at Epcot. That's what happens when you travel to new places. Sometimes it turns out great and sometimes it doesn't. Years later, we'll be laughing about today."

This is what my Accuweather app said when we left Epcot:
upload_2018-6-21_0-22-41.png

You know what? The app lied! It did NOT feel like 98! It felt like 110 back home in Arizona. Seriously. Well, we rested, swam in the pool for like 30 minutes because then it started to rain and lightning so we had to go back inside. Waited for DH to return from the convention...that took forever. Kids were hungry for dinner at 5:30 pm, but DH didn't get back until 7pm. Then we made plans to go to Sofrito Latin Café off property. DH rounded up all of his coworkers and arranged for them to meet us there.

I had high hopes for Sofrito Latin Café because of the awesome looking menu. But ODD ordered a cheeseburger off of the kids' menu and she said it tasted terrible. YDD hated her chicken fingers & fries and that kid loves any form of chicken in fried form. All of our dishes came out 1 at a time and my meal didn't arrive until my family was done eating. AND the chicken I ordered wasn't even very good. I would probably not go back there. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. DH's coworkers wanted him to join him on a bar run, but DH wanted to get some studying done for his certification test the next day. So we said our goodbyes to all of them and departed at about 8:15 pm.

We dropped DH off at the room and I took the kids to Disney Springs so that DH could have some peace and quiet by himself to study without wife & children around to bother him. We parked in the Orange garage and headed for the World of Disney store. YDD got a cool Stitch sweatshirt that she'll use this fall & winter and it's big enough that she should be able to get 2 uses out of it. ODD then got jealous and wanted one too, so I told her that I'd get her one and that it would be 1 of her birthday gifts. YDD then spent almost all of the rest of her birthday spending money on this gigantic stuffed Stitch that is so huge, it wouldn't fit in a suitcase. It counted as her one "personal item" on the plane ride home. Stitch got to ride in the overhead bin back to Arizona.
upload_2018-6-21_0-29-0.png

The World of Disney store was MOBBED! At like 9:45 pm! A CM said that it's always like that there. Every night. Even during the week. All year round. Amorette's pastry shop was close by, so I stopped in there to bring back some desserts for the 4 of us. $38 or so dollars later, we brought home these....

These were for ODD...1 chocolate and 1 espresso. She said they were really great.
upload_2018-6-21_0-31-18.png

I got YDD a huge chocolate chip cookie and 1 of these for DH & I to share...
upload_2018-6-21_0-32-18.png

And also this lime thing with marshmallow on top. both of these desserts were really wonderful.
upload_2018-6-21_0-33-27.png

After our bellies were full of junk food, the 4 of us hit the hay and went to bed. Tuesday was another convention day for DH and the kids & I were going to head back to Magic Kingdom!

You know what was especially bad? The interactive play area right after you exit the ride. That's a perfect place for a family with young children to let the kids play and let off some steam, yet do it indoors out of the heat. More than half of the interactive stations didn't even work. I'm talking...Microsoft Windows error messages on the screens, that sort of thing. BAD! Like, that isn't even Disney-worthy. They should just shut the whole attraction down and redo it with something truly all-age friendly. Something that doesn't suck as much as that attraction does!
Yeah it is a real shell of what it used to be. Epcot desperately needs the billion dollar infusion that is supposedly coming.

Love Amorrettes!!

An yeah-WoD is always busy, and worse with it half under construction now.

I'm really enjoying your trip report. Score one for you when your husband has to go to Orlando and takes the family along. :thumbsup2 I just love the picture of your two daughters outside of the Trading Post. We've all had our moments like that.

Looking forward to your next update.

My family doesn't quite understand why I take so many photos on our Disney trips. It's because I want to remember all of the neat stuff we got to experience!

Tuesday June 12:
Day 3 of DH's convention. Same routine for him as the day before except he had a certification test in the afternoon (he passed!). Then he had a vendor event to attend in the evening right after the convention. He got back around 10 pm to the hotel. So it was just us girls all day. This morning, we drove to the MK parking lot and did the parking tram routine. Thank goodness for CMs and ODD reminding me to make a note of which section and which row we had parked in! This time around, we took the ferry from the TTC to MK. 1 of the CMs manning the dock had a great Donald Duck voice and he really cracked my kids up. he was really good at it!
upload_2018-6-21_17-15-38.png

I think that between the monorail vs ferry to/from TTC/MK, I much prefer the ferry boat...UNLESS the line for the ferry is horribly long (aka you wait until the 3rd ferry before you ever get on). It's quite relaxing.
upload_2018-6-21_17-15-56.png

We did the security routine, scanned our Magic Bands at the front entrance and then went straight to the train station. Luckily, a train was waiting at Main Street Station, so we got on board just in time.
upload_2018-6-21_17-18-0.png

Don't those skies just look beautiful and balmy? NO! MUGGY AND SWEATY! :rotfl2:

upload_2018-6-21_17-19-23.png

upload_2018-6-21_17-19-45.png

And off we went to Fantasyland Station!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter