June 2019 Check In

I feel sorry for the early June people but Im glad, I'll have a couple of weeks to read about crowds etc and be able to plan a bit better now. I expect a huge surge on hotels and motels for the entire month of June, so get booking ASAP if you havnt already.

I am already annoyed that we have to deal with Grad Nights on some of the days of our trip, but now it will be an even hotter mess at DL.

I enjoy Star Wars and I am pretty sure I will be giddy seeing the Millennium Falcon (might even get a little teary eyed), but I really didn't want this trip to be a disgustingly crowded event for my family.

Now I will have to invest in the 5-day hoppers to ensure we have time to get everything accomplished.

Im wondering about the May 31 date, is that general public or is that the paid previews like they had for Pixar Pier last year? Are they having media and CM previews in May?? Im sure in a while we will get more info

Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park in California between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.

Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park in California between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.

Aha so that makes it clearer, May 31 to June 23 is the general public pre access, and then general access after that

I'm trying to be hopeful here but do you think the reservation process will help control crowding at all, since it won't be a free for all? Or will it just make the rest of the park super crowded as people wait for their reservation time? I know nobody really knows just thinking out loud. lol

I'm trying to be hopeful here but do you think the reservation process will help control crowding at all, since it won't be a free for all? Or will it just make the rest of the park super crowded as people wait for their reservation time? I know nobody really knows just thinking out loud. lol

I really hope so. The reservation option makes me calm down a little bit, but we all know how busy and crowded DL can and will get. Now I have to be vigilant and constantly watch for more information on how to make a reservation and keep my fingers crossed that we can get one.

We're booked for June 3-7 at the Paradise Pier. Were hoping to miss the opening, but here we are, three days after opening, we'll be there! Whew! Glad we decided to splurge for onsite for our girls trip (my birthday is June 4, so that's why we picked those dates).

I have two reservations at the Desert Inn and Suites that I haven't canceled yet. One is just a basic room, the other is a C2 Family Suite. If anyone wants them, I'll try to coordinate my cancellation so you can scoop them up. Let me know soon!

Im guessing it will make the parks more crowded, as people will have park admission for the whole day, so lets say their SWGE reservation is in the morning, well then they will spill into everywhere else in the afternoon evening. The same with afternoon / evening SWGE people, they will be in the parks in the morning.

Im also thinking that Star Tours and Tommorrowland will take a huge hit and that Star Tours Fastpass will be impossible to get and standby will be insane, as the SWGE people will either wait out for their GE time or come straight from GE and want to continue the theme

We already have a room booked. I guess we should go ahead and buy tickets?
As much as we love Star Wars, I think we are going to avoid Galaxy’s Edge this trip.

Im guessing it will make the parks more crowded, as people will have park admission for the whole day, so lets say their SWGE reservation is in the morning, well then they will spill into everywhere else in the afternoon evening. The same with afternoon / evening SWGE people, they will be in the parks in the morning.

Im also thinking that Star Tours and Tommorrowland will take a huge hit and that Star Tours Fastpass will be impossible to get and standby will be insane, as the SWGE people will either wait out for their GE time or come straight from GE and want to continue the theme

We also have to deal with Grad Nights and it will be more difficult to make dining reservations due to the increase in crowds. Planning mode was just bumped up a notch...LOL!

Now I feel like have to have get 5-day park hoppers with Max Pass instead of 3 or 4.

UGH I am so bummed! I was really hoping it wouldn't open until end of June. We can't change our dates so now we have to suck it up and deal with the madness.

UGH I am so bummed! I was really hoping it wouldn't open until end of June. We can't change our dates so now we have to suck it up and deal with the madness.

Same with us. I'm scared. Now why did I have to plan our very first trip for these dates? I guess we'll try make the best of it! I just don't know if dealing with massive, massive crowds sounds like a good time.

We're in the parks June 3-7. Yea btwn grad nights and now SWGE opening....not looking forward to the crowds, especially at security and the park entrances. But since I'll be there when its open I'm sure I'll at least try to get a reservation to get in to see it.

Just book a short trip for us for my husbands birthday. June 2nd - 4th at Disneyland Hotel. My husband just wants to go to Star Wars even though we originally were against doing Star Wars at all this year.

We will be at the parks between 21st-23rd of June and were already prepared for the pretty strong rumors that that would've been the opening weekend. This actually might make our lives just a tiny bit easier. I'm sure the crowds will be wild anyway, but I guessing that the first few days will be absolute insanity!

I heard that only one of the two rides will be open in the opening fay in SWGE. Any info on when the other one will be up and running as well? I'm guessing that there will be another surge of people when that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter