** June 2020 Check In **

Currently have 6/26 thru 6/29 Disneyland Hotel - supposed to be a stop over to break up the flight to Hawaii. I would love to be an optimist and say that everything will be great with the world by then but not sure. I haven't canceled anything but have made back up reservations for both Disneyland and Aulani. Hopefully will make Disneyland at Thanksgiving if I have to cancel June and then go to Aulani next summer, not enough time to do both during Thanksgiving.

I have no idea what we should do. I think currently the parks are closed indefinitely. We are supposed to be in the parks June 1-4th. We aready have tickets and have rented points for DVC GC. Anyone know if the rental companies are issuing refunds?

We rescheduled our May trip to June 16-22 for Dapper Day. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get to go!

Rescheduled to June 7-11 from May 3-8 $150 more and one less night but I am positive May will not happen, iffy on June and I am looking at early August as a backup for that. Otherwise, I tacked on four nights in WDW after my September cruise out of Canaveral-I figure if THAT doesn’t happen it’s because of weather and hopefully not Coronavirus!!!

From the DLR Closure Superthread, details on the DLR hotels special offer for those rescheduling trips:

I saw on one of the bloggers Instagram stories (Disney Food Blog) that the Disneyland offer for people rescheduling is:

“Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, these select guests will be able to book a special Disneyland Resort offer for most arrival dates from June 1st through December 31st, 2020. The Cast Member we spoke with said the offer will apply to weekdays, Sunday through Thursday. Eligible guests will receive up to 10% off at Paradise Pier for a Premium Room. Guests booking at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel can receive 15% off a standard room or 20% off a premium room!”

ETA: here’s the link https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...rivate-offer-for-guests-affected-by-closures/

Thank you theluckyrabbit for posting this. This actually gives me a glimmer of hope that our June 10-19 trip could actually still go on. I know things can change but at least I am a little less worried, for now. Everyone be safe.

I have no idea what we should do. I think currently the parks are closed indefinitely. We are supposed to be in the parks June 1-4th. We aready have tickets and have rented points for DVC GC. Anyone know if the rental companies are issuing refunds?

Those would be my park dates too, but I am in California from May 29-June 5. I am waiting to see if United changes their cancellation window to include June. Right now it is only extended through May 31. If they do go into June I will be likely cancelling as I will probably just be back to work at some point in May and the industry I'm in wouldn't be good timing to take any vacations for a while.

Update from this week's MP "DLR Update" (3?30?20):
Correction
Last week we reported that a Disney had filed for a permit with the City of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We speculated that Disney might be planning to extend the Food & Wine Festival, which is scheduled to run through April 21 but has been cut short due to the COVID-19 closure.
Well, we were wrong. While Disney did file for an extension, it was just for one piece of equipment, not all of the Festival Marketplace booths as indicated on the permit. Disney has given no indication that they are looking to extend the Festival beyond April 21.
We apologize for getting your hopes up.

Ugh, we were scheduled for WDW May 5-9, but pretty sure that isn’t happening. Decided to look at DL/DCA June 2-6, but now I’m not even sure about that :faint: Don’t know what to do! (As I know a lot of us don’t...and first world problems, worrying about a Disney trip)

Well, we're (very) tentatively planning for June 24-28. Tentatively meaning I've reserved refundable hotel rooms. Tickets and airfare can wait awhile.

Those were our dates too (picked out MONTHS ago to get around some summer obligations that my son has. Fingers crossed we can still do it. We are fortunate to be driving anyway and the we can cancel the hotel within a few days if necessary.

I hope we can go because I am so looking forward to introducing my family to ROTR.

We are scheduled for our first day in the parks 6/1... looks like it may happen, but for those with original dates in June, what are your thoughts about going so soon? I’m torn on taking my kids to a crowded theme park at all right now. At this point I guess we don’t know if later in the summer will be a whole lot better, or even in the fall.
If we don’t keep our original dates I’m considering early July or early October (fall break). I’m curious what others in a similar situation think about June dates.

We are scheduled for our first day in the parks 6/1... looks like it may happen, but for those with original dates in June, what are your thoughts about going so soon? I’m torn on taking my kids to a crowded theme park at all right now. At this point I guess we don’t know if later in the summer will be a whole lot better, or even in the fall.
If we don’t keep our original dates I’m considering early July or early October (fall break). I’m curious what others in a similar situation think about June dates.

Personally I would love to move my May dates to June but I don’t think it will be feasible. If the parks do in fact open I could see some pretty strict social distancing requirements in place and it not really being a Disney experience like before the closures.

Those were our dates too (picked out MONTHS ago to get around some summer obligations that my son has. Fingers crossed we can still do it. We are fortunate to be driving anyway and the we can cancel the hotel within a few days if necessary.

I hope we can go because I am so looking forward to introducing my family to ROTR.

Those dates were picked because they coincide with a visit to family in So Cal so I thought my son and I would start with a day at Universal then a few days at DL, then he'd fly home & I'd go on to my cousin's.

I'm driving too and so glad I made that decision rather than to fly! I would normally have had my flight booked already! Something told me to hold off on booking my son's one-way back flight and now I'm glad I listened to my intuition. I always do the SouthWest 'getaway' non-refundable fares.

We are going to be there the first week in June too. I want to move our trip to September when we have a fall break. I'm worried if the park is open in June, things won't be the same at first. This is our first trip to Disneyland and we want the full experience. Delta is waiving their change fees on flights between now and May 31. We fly to California on June 1. So frustrating!!! I'm hoping they move that date so we can change our dates to September.

Personally I would love to move my May dates to June but I don’t think it will be feasible. If the parks do in fact open I could see some pretty strict social distancing requirements in place and it not really being a Disney experience like before the closures.

I wouldn't feel comfortable going in June at this point, even if the worst had passed. It probably will either be extremely crowded at that time with the parks just reopening, or they will be placing limits on crowds to still encourage distancing. Between the unknown status of the virus and crowd limiting that could still be possible for June and my own concerns with my job, I doubt I'll be rescheduling this trip until next year at the same time. The only reason I would reschedule at all honestly instead of full on cancel is because of my airfare.

Well i just leftvthe party over in May and am hoping to join the party in June. Fingers crossed this trip won’t need to be rescheduled too.
We will be visiting June 24-29 and staying at an AirBnB.
We are celebrating the adoption of my two youngest children and I am also bringing my niece and mom along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!