Votes: 3 16.7%
  • June 2021

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Rent out the points and go December 2021

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

ToddlerMom311

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 4 - myself, dh, 6yo and 2yo. Our DVC contract finally came through and I quickly booked a trip for June 2021. June 2021 has been the plan ever since we started the DVC resale process back in April, because at that time it seemed a certainty that life would be back to normal by next June. Well, now that several months have passed I am much less certain that will be the case. And then today I noticed there is availability for December 2020, which would be my ideal time to go if this pandemic wasn't happening. (The idea of my 2yo wearing a facemask is pretty hard to believe, let alone in 90+ heat so I'd rather go in December for that reason alone really.)

I'm conflicted and thought I'd come on here and see what feedback there might be. We would be flying from Texas, which is the part I am dreading the most. And, just for some context, my 2yo turns 3 in July 2021 and our DVC points are banked and would expire the end of July 2021.

Personally, I would stick with what you have for now. Get the trip in before the baby turns 3 for sure. I do not think this December that things will be a lot better than right now.

I'd stick with June. That way you're guaranteed pool time (so no masks if that's still a thing). December is usually ok for pool but can be too cold depending on where you're from. Plus I don't think Christmas is going to be as Christmasey as usual.

We're going in December because my daughter wanted to see Christmas at Disney and she'll be in high school next year so we won't be able to go in early December. Otherwise I'd probably postpone.

I recommend waiting. I wouldn't want to make my toddler wear a face mask all day in any type of weather. We went this July and it was brutally hot, particularly because the short hours forced us to tour midday, so I can't recommend June until park hours are extended & masks are definitely not needed. I'd wait until December '21, because you have a toddler who probably won't enjoy the experience much wearing a mask all day. Yes, you'll have to pay for her ticket in December '21, but imo it's more important that everyone enjoy the trip.

I'd go with either June 2021 or December 2021. I feel WAY MORE confident about December 2021 than June. I have April through June of next year as "cautiously optimistic" depending on successful vaccine trials, then production, then dissemination.

I'm booked for April and it's really just a dream right now, I'll wait and see how things look at the end of this year before I decide to move it

Such a personal decision based on age, health, where the CDC and vaccines are etc. At this point we are still going to be at WDW for two weeks in January but plans are fluid and may be altered. We are living an interesting time for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter