• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**June 2024 Check-in**

We had two of our days last trip that were Grad Nites. We stayed at The Anaheim Hotel which is right across the street from the entrance for Grad Nite (behind Guardians). The crowds were actually pretty low our entire trip (it was the first week in June), it was just the type of crowd that was annoying. Giant packs of teens. Everywhere 😂 Most were fine but the ones who weren't...they stood out. I teach 2nd grade and it was like a lot of huge 2nd graders had been let loose. So just be aware! I would start at DCA on Grad Nites because you will want to clear out closer to their party start. The groups that have hoppers can/will stay in DL under midnight and then hop to DCA for the rest of their party. But most of the grads seemed to arrive midday. There weren't really at groups rope drop. The crowds only picked up in the evening closer to party time. I was worried about it but it didn't really change much!
Thank you! I will have to think about the park reservations and see about maybe fluipping one of them.

LOL, I'm OK if the weather is cooler! I'm going for my birthday and if I'm going to Disney in June, I like CA weather better than FL!

We are making our very first trip to Disneyland EVER June 17-21. We are yearly WDW regulars but have never made it out to DL. I am SO excited. We're actually flying into Sacramento and doing a few days at Yosemite National Park and then driving down to DL and flying home out of LAX.

We're staying at GC b/c this is a "go big" trip for us. We have 3-day park hoppers with Genie+. I'm hoping to get in every single ride once and then hit our favorites a 2nd time. My 12yo is all about the rides and my 4yo is in her Princess era so I booked BBB :) She's also going to juuuust be 40inches so I'm thrilled that she can get on Big Thunder, Soarin, etc.

I have a few ADR reservations (got Trader Sam's) but we are more of "eat on the go quick service" family.

I really really want to catch some of the nighttime shows. My disney MO is to be up at the crack of dawn rope dropping so historically we've had a hard time making it to fireworks. But I really want to! I figure at least I can catch WoC from the Grand balcony with the music piped in?

Any recs for where to rent a stroller at DL? I like the services that drop them at your hotel at WDW but not sure what the equivalent is at DL..? Also is there a good grocery delivery service for bottled water, etc?

Any and all tips for this newbie DL family would be appreciated :)

Also, hello! First time posting :)
Try to do the fireworks early in your trip because they can and do get cancelled for wind. It may not even be windy on ground level, but if winds higher up in the sky are high, they cancel them for the safety of the surrounding homes/businesses.

For WOC, you can see part of it from the GCH balcony, and we have done this before when we were too tired to go back to DCA for it. However, it is not the best view and you can’t see the projections very well. But, if your kids are wiped out, it is still a view of WOC for you while they chill/sleep in the room!

You should be able to get all of the rides once and then some in 3 full days. Read up on the G+ threads here, as G+ is much more useful at DL then at WDW (because less people use it at DL, so it does not run out at park opening for the big rides like WDW does). Also be aware that you can’t book any LLs until each person has scanned into the park for the day (there is no advantage for LLs for staying onsite at DL like at WDW, other than you will get resort EE so you have a 30 minute head start at the parks and for booking LLs IF you are scanned in at that time-and you can book your first LL right after you scan in, so you don’t have to wait for RD or EE RD to start booking).

We are way past the stroller era, so I can’t help with that one. We usually don’t order groceries at DL, so others will have better advice. We have used Lansky’s from the airport to DL, and they have a free grocery stop at Target or a grocery store, so that is another option.

Have a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter