June 22, 2019- Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise

This will be my and my kids first cruise as well. DH hasn't been on a big cruise, but has spent several days out with his dad & bros on a deep sea fishing trip. We are actually part of a group of 14 - 8 adults and 6 kids. My in-laws decided to take the whole family on a trip for their 50th wedding anniversary. Our kids - DD will turn 13 1 week before trip, and DS will be 9 1/2. DD is oldest of the kids in the group, then of the cousins, 2 will be 12 (1 6 weeks from 13), 1 10, and 1 a month past 9. We are the only ones that have never been on a cruise, anywhere, ever. Will also be the first time to Europe for half of the family. All of the kids are really excited. I already have the cruise app on my phone and tablet so we can watch the countdown, and then I don't have to try to figure out how long until vacation, I can just show them the time.

Any advice for first timers, especially ways to keep an ADHD kid entertained on that long of a flight, would be greatly appreciated!

ok, i will be looking at flights and booking them this week. we're also looking for direct flights from philly-rome and barcelona-philly. we have lots of marriott rewards points so i'll probably be looking for marriott hotels!

We are looking for the same flights. As of right now, non-stop to and from Philly is $3000 each, so $19,000 for the 6 of us. It looks like we will be doing the 1 stop through Dublin. Sigh.

We are excited to go on our first Disney cruise with our kids (4 & 6) and my parents. It will be my mother's (and our kids) first trip to Europe. We have absolutely no clue how cruising works so please share all that you know!

We are looking for the same flights. As of right now, non-stop to and from Philly is $3000 each, so $19,000 for the 6 of us. It looks like we will be doing the 1 stop through Dublin. Sigh.

recently we booked flights through dcl. both ways are non-stop, and we're arriving very early on the 21st

Please delete if this is against the rules. I don't want to cause any conflict. There is a fish extender group which you can find on Facebook - group titled "Disney Magic June 22 2019". I joined it and am going on this cruise. It is our 7th Disney Cruise and my husband and I are celebrating a College Graduation and a 21st Birthday with my 2 daughters. It looks like it will be a wonderful itinerary and I am looking forward to meeting you all there! Happy New Year!

We are also on this sailing! Cant wait!
Me, husband and son who will be 15. We have an 18yo daughter but she was not able to join us.
We are doing 4 nights at DLP, then flying to Rome for 2 nights prior to the cruise, then headed home right after for a total of 2 weeks.
We are deck 6 aft with the larger veranda but I am struggling to not move us to a glass wall veranda!

This will be my GOLD cruise (woohoo!) and hubby and sons first DCL! LOL! We have done RCCL as a family but they were never interested in DCL-still arent really but I am making them go.

hi everyone! Sunday is 90 days before the cruise, so at midnight I will be trying to book my family's excursions! (we are silver cruisers) we are probably booking 2 or 3 excursions with Disney and 1 or 2 with other companies

This board has been relatively quiet! Now that it is getting so much closer I am getting very excited! I hope you all are getting excited too! I am curious if anyone would like to share their plans for Genoa and Toulon. They are 2 ports for us that are relatively unstructured. In Genoa we plan on going to the Aquarium as my kids love them. In Toulon I plan on just walking around, soaking it in, and maybe hunting for macarons and wine! lol. Please share your plans. I am always open to inspiration!

This board has been relatively quiet! Now that it is getting so much closer I am getting very excited! I hope you all are getting excited too! I am curious if anyone would like to share their plans for Genoa and Toulon. They are 2 ports for us that are relatively unstructured. In Genoa we plan on going to the Aquarium as my kids love them. In Toulon I plan on just walking around, soaking it in, and maybe hunting for macarons and wine! lol. Please share your plans. I am always open to inspiration!

Getting very excited! A little overwhelmed with all of the details that still need to be worked out but all of the big stuff is taken care of at this point. We are headed on a Disney excursion to Portofino on the Genoa port day and we’ve booked a wine tour for the Toulon port day. We are laying low on the Cannes day and will just take a stroll on the beach. I have a spa appointment booked that afternoon and we are eating at Palo that night, so planning a rest and relaxation day.

OMG! We just decided last week to go on this cruise. As I was booking on Monday, I got several "cruise is full" messages. Tried 5 times, finally got a room! Whooo! We're a family of 4, husband and I are celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary, our sons are 11 and 9. 4th cruise, but 1st Disney one. Excited! Going to sign up for Fish Extender if not too late. Am I? Should I sign up on the Facebook one?

OMG! We just decided last week to go on this cruise. As I was booking on Monday, I got several "cruise is full" messages. Tried 5 times, finally got a room! Whooo! We're a family of 4, husband and I are celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary, our sons are 11 and 9. 4th cruise, but 1st Disney one. Excited! Going to sign up for Fish Extender if not too late. Am I? Should I sign up on the Facebook one?
I believe the FB one is closed.

Getting very excited! My family leaves in 32 days! In Genoa we are going to Portofino by boat, and in Toulon we will be going to the small town of Bandol. Both of those port excursions are by Disney and under 6 hours and 30 minutes each!

Getting very excited! A little overwhelmed with all of the details that still need to be worked out but all of the big stuff is taken care of at this point. We are headed on a Disney excursion to Portofino on the Genoa port day and we’ve booked a wine tour for the Toulon port day. We are laying low on the Cannes day and will just take a stroll on the beach. I have a spa appointment booked that afternoon and we are eating at Palo that night, so planning a rest and relaxation day.

We are also taking the Disney Portofino excursion!!

Unfortunately the Facebook FE is closed since we are less than a month out. I believe they have a Pixie Dust group for latecomers. I would suggest you give that a try! Welcome! We are all going to have such a good time!

We are doing a private tour in Naples taking us to Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii. Then we are doing Disney excursion in Livorno, Florence on your own. Genoa we plan on going to the aquarium and walking around town. Cannes we are doing a segway tour and Toulon will be low key just walking around town. Finally Barcelona we are doing a tour that does an over view of Barcelona and also Monserat. We are so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter