June 27th, 2020 9-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral [St. Kitts, Martinique, St. John’s, Antigua, St. Thomas, Castaway Cay]

gallaj0

DIS Cast Member
Nobody's started one yet for this cruise, so here we go; anyone else going on this?

We're really looking forward to a nine night cruise. I really appreciate any extra sea days for Disney Trivia on board; any challengers?

We are hit or miss on the Disney Trivia, but my husband cleans up on the music trivia! We had a not-so-great experience on the Fantasy a few weeks ago. So we are hoping to have a better experience this June. The 9-night itinerary ports look pretty awesome!

Thanks WarEagle! Glad someone will be on board. We're also really looking forward to the longer itinerary.

We haven't been on the Fantasy since 2013; if it's not personal and you don't mind answering, can you say what was not-so great a couple of weeks ago?

Sure. The dining service was pretty bad. On our second evening, our 4-year old son received his dinner about 10 minutes after us. We were always served about 25 minutes after the table next to us even though we were one of the first ones in the dining room. The assistant server only visited our table once at the beginning to get our drink orders and would not refill our drinks. On a few nights, we waited so long for someone to come and take our dessert order that we just left. It was very bizarre, and we felt like a burden being served. We did say something on the third to last night because our head server finally made it around to ask us how our service was (we only saw him one time before this). We were honest and explained what was happening. On the second to last night, service was much better, and then on the last night it reverted back to the original lackluster service. We are a pretty low maintenance family, but waiting for your young child to get food is frustrating when you are paying for Disney service. Additionally, we were disappointed with overall service at some of the bars and the spa.

Wow; that stinks. Hope you (or us) don't get that same team on this one.

So, just to add who we're travelling with here: we are a family of four; me and wife, both 51 y.o., a daughter 23, and son 21.

Hello. Can't wait for the 9 nighter. We are more of abingo than trivia family but we always try......Sorry to hear about your last trip. This will be our 4th cruise on the fantasy and we have always had incredible service.

All right, we're starting to see some life here! Welcome aboard (the thread) DisneyDadBama!

Hello everyone. Looking forward to our first cruise over 7 nights. We are a family of 3 with our 7 yr old DD and we love cruising with DCL.
Welcome aboard!

21 cruises and the first over 7 nights? No love for the longer ones, repositioning, stuff like that?

Welcome aboard!

21 cruises and the first over 7 nights? No love for the longer ones, repositioning, stuff like that?
just hard to get away that long as far as consecutive days of missing work for both of us. We would love to do a transatlantic or panama canal one day but we would wait a few more years until our little one is a bit older.

just hard to get away that long as far as consecutive days of missing work for both of us. We would love to do a transatlantic or panama canal one day but we would wait a few more years until our little one is a bit older.
Understood; we've been on some cruises where wife had to log into the iffy wifi to try and get some work done. I'd love a transatlantic myself, but I love sea days.

Tricky part about transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises is that they are usually at the beginning or end of a season (i.e. Med. cruises) when kids are in school, so you can't wait too long to take your little one. We did a WBTA several years ago and there were only 200 kids on board. When a magician needed kids for his act, one night, he had a hard time finding just two to come up on stage. This cruise was the second part of a B2B Med./WBTA...talk about a long cruise. Just my wife and I (no kids/gkids with us) and we had a great time with loads to do on the Magic. Have done the PC, too, our first with DCL...great cruise. We will also be on this 10-day with daughter and her crew (3 gkids - 10, 13 & 15). They are already working on door decorations.

Tricky part about transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises is that they are usually at the beginning or end of a season (i.e. Med. cruises) when kids are in school, so you can't wait too long to take your little one. We did a WBTA several years ago and there were only 200 kids on board. When a magician needed kids for his act, one night, he had a hard time finding just two to come up on stage. This cruise was the second part of a B2B Med./WBTA...talk about a long cruise. Just my wife and I (no kids/gkids with us) and we had a great time with loads to do on the Magic. Have done the PC, too, our first with DCL...great cruise. We will also be on this 10-day with daughter and her crew (3 gkids - 10, 13 & 15). They are already working on door decorations.
My wife and I are now at the point where both our kids are in college/grad school, so we have some flexibility we didn't used to have. (We'd have even more if we went without them, but I'm not that cruel). Looking forward to getting on some of the "less typical" cruises.

We did a Med in 2017 that was just unbearably hot onshore.

My wife and I are now at the point where both our kids are in college/grad school, so we have some flexibility we didn't used to have. (We'd have even more if we went without them, but I'm not that cruel). Looking forward to getting on some of the "less typical" cruises.

We did a Med in 2017 that was just unbearably hot onshore.
Our Med. trip, while port-intensive, had great weather...except when we got to Monte Carlo, a tendering port. It was so rough that the captain cancelled the port and declared an "at sea" day. The next day, scheduled to be an "at sea" day, he arranged for us to dock at Marcelles. He made the change, got permission to land at the new port, arranged for a dozen or so excursions and got word to all aboard in about three hours. His staff helped with this, I am sure. We took an excursion to Avignon and a winery...great adventure...very impressive how this happened so quickly. I asked one of the DCL officers later how they could pull this off so well and he said we always have plan "B" and plan "C."

Hey everyone! We are a family of 6 : me, dh, dd 7, ds 3, plus my parents ( their 1st Cruise ever!). We are super excited for this cruise!
We did the 8 night last yr & had a blast! :dancer:

Hey everyone! We are a family of 6 : me, dh, dd 7, ds 3, plus my parents ( their 1st Cruise ever!). We are super excited for this cruise!
We did the 8 night last yr & had a blast! :dancer:
Welcome aboard! What was the itinerary for the 8 night? Any of the same ports we're hitting this year?

Looks like we've got a change in port- you all should be getting an email soon if you haven't already:

"We are writing to provide you with important information regarding your June 27, 2020, 9-night sailing aboard the Disney Fantasy.

We recently became aware that Martinique now requires all Guests going ashore have a passport. Knowing the impact this change will have on our Guests without passports, we have made the decision to visit Castries, St. Lucia instead of Fort-de-France, Martinique on July 1, 2020. St. Lucia boasts mountainous peaks, lush rainforests and breathtaking vistas. We know our Guests will enjoy this popular port.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard and providing you with an exceptional cruise experience.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line "

Thoughts? Anyone glad? Disappointed? Neutral? Anyone been there before?

Welcome aboard! What was the itinerary for the 8 night? Any of the same ports we're hitting this year?

Thanks! Our 8 night is similar to this years 9 night. We stopped in st. Kitts ( we did a Nevis tour. We are big fans of Hamilton the musical), Antigua, st. Thomas ( we went to Jost Van Dyke, bvi. We also have visited Magen’s Bay) and cc.

As for the port change: I was excited about the idea of st. Lucia... until I looked at the port adventure and saw there is only one option the 3 yr old can do. I’m currently looking around for non-dcl options. :surfweb:

Hello! We will be on this cruise as well and it will be our 10th Disney Cruise (finally!), our second to longest cruise. We did the 11 night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland out of Dover last July on the Magic and it was truly Magical. Super excited about the change to St. Kitts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!