June 27th, 2020 9-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral [St. Kitts, Martinique, St. John’s, Antigua, St. Thomas, Castaway Cay]

Hello! We will be on this cruise as well and it will be our 10th Disney Cruise (finally!), our second to longest cruise. We did the 11 night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland out of Dover last July on the Magic and it was truly Magical. Super excited about the change to St. Kitts!
Welcome aboard! 10 cruises, with a 9 and 11 nighter, seems you might as well join the crew. :D I think St. Kitts was always on the menu; it's St. Lucia that's replacing Martinique. With all those cruises, been to any of these ports before? Any favorites, must do things, or things to skip?

Like mouseobsession, we are also on our 10th DCL cruise. The recent change to the itinerary is a real blow for us, our daughter and her family. We specifically chose this cruise because it was stopping at Martinique. Our daughter teaches French in high school and our granddaughter is taking French, also in high school. They were counting on trying out that language on the locals for a cultural experience and school project. Researching St. Lucia I find that they speak a sketchy form of French...hmmmm! We are not changing our plans for this trip. Perhaps some others know more about St. Lucia and their culture. Please let me know. Thanks.

Hello. Family of four here, myself, wife, son 8, and daughter 5 on this cruise. This is our third Disney cruise, our longest one yet and the first time on the Fantasy. We did Europe last year and the kids asked next time for a longer cruise so thus we booked this one.

Hello. Family of four here, myself, wife, son 8, and daughter 5 on this cruise. This is our third Disney cruise, our longest one yet and the first time on the Fantasy. We did Europe last year and the kids asked next time for a longer cruise so thus we booked this one.
Welcome aboard!

Had a great call from DCL tonight after I email them that we were disappointed to not be stopping in Martinique. Our daughter and her family will be with us and they selected this cruise specifically because they wanted to practice French there. The granddaughter is taking French in HS and our daughter teaches it at a different school. For them this was going to be a great language lesson/adventure. The DCL woman who called from Florida apologized for the change in itinerary but made a great suggestion. She said she would put in a request that our dinner servers on the cruise speak French. If we got even one, that would be awesome. This would give us nine chances to practice the language (two of us, anyway) instead of one day in Martinique. Great alternative! Also, she said that Pirate Night will be July 1 and no, she did not know if they were going to have fireworks that night and on July 4. We need a little bit of pixie dust to make all this happen...where's Tink?

That's really cool about the servers.
Two nights of fireworks would be awesome; I was wondering if they'd do anything special for the 4th- I've been looking online for old Navigators but haven't seen one for July 4 yet.

Hello everyone. Looking forward to our first cruise over 7 nights. We are a family of 3 with our 7 yr old DD and we love cruising with DCL.
The longer cruises are the best. I find that I’m just starting to really unwind by day 6.
just hard to get away that long as far as consecutive days of missing work for both of us. We would love to do a transatlantic or panama canal one day but we would wait a few more years until our little one is a bit older.
Looks like we've got a change in port- you all should be getting an email soon if you haven't already:

"We are writing to provide you with important information regarding your June 27, 2020, 9-night sailing aboard the Disney Fantasy.

We recently became aware that Martinique now requires all Guests going ashore have a passport. Knowing the impact this change will have on our Guests without passports, we have made the decision to visit Castries, St. Lucia instead of Fort-de-France, Martinique on July 1, 2020. St. Lucia boasts mountainous peaks, lush rainforests and breathtaking vistas. We know our Guests will enjoy this popular port.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard and providing you with an exceptional cruise experience.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line "

Thoughts? Anyone glad? Disappointed? Neutral? Anyone been there before?
Looks like we've got a change in port- you all should be getting an email soon if you haven't already:

"We are writing to provide you with important information regarding your June 27, 2020, 9-night sailing aboard the Disney Fantasy.

We recently became aware that Martinique now requires all Guests going ashore have a passport. Knowing the impact this change will have on our Guests without passports, we have made the decision to visit Castries, St. Lucia instead of Fort-de-France, Martinique on July 1, 2020. St. Lucia boasts mountainous peaks, lush rainforests and breathtaking vistas. We know our Guests will enjoy this popular port.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard and providing you with an exceptional cruise experience.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line "

Thoughts? Anyone glad? Disappointed? Neutral? Anyone been there before?
i feel like I’m excited for St. Lucia over Martinique, but I’m not quite sure why! We are a groups of 4: myself, husband, mom, and 5-year old son. Anyone have good recommendations for excursions? I want to do some zip lining and snorkeling somewhere. We are also foodies.

That's really cool about the servers.
Two nights of fireworks would be awesome; I was wondering if they'd do anything special for the 4th- I've been looking online for old Navigators but haven't seen one for July 4 yet.
Isn’t there one on the disneycruiselineblog??

Anyone have any recommendations on port excursions? We are leaning toward zip lining in st Thomas (just the adults) and doing the stingray sandbar in Antigua, but I was having trouble finding active or foodie adventures in St Kitts and St Lucia that would be appropriate for a 5-year old.

Anyone have any recommendations on port excursions? We are leaning toward zip lining in st Thomas (just the adults) and doing the stingray sandbar in Antigua, but I was having trouble finding active or foodie adventures in St Kitts and St Lucia that would be appropriate for a 5-year old.
Big auburn fan I am guessing? Us too! War Eagle!

The longer cruises are the best. I find that I’m just starting to really unwind by day 6.

i feel like I’m excited for St. Lucia over Martinique, but I’m not quite sure why! We are a groups of 4: myself, husband, mom, and 5-year old son. Anyone have good recommendations for excursions? I want to do some zip lining and snorkeling somewhere. We are also foodies.
We are excited for St Lucia also. Most of our excursions will be on a boat or beach. We are looking forward to snorkeling, rum punch, sun and swimming. We are not big into land based excursions in the Caribbean. I’m at Thomas, we are just going to charter a boat on our own. Pricing is about the same and it will be just out group.

We are excited for St Lucia also. Most of our excursions will be on a boat or beach. We are looking forward to snorkeling, rum punch, sun and swimming. We are not big into land based excursions in the Caribbean. I’m at Thomas, we are just going to charter a boat on our own. Pricing is about the same and it will be just out group.
Interesting- chartering your own boat. Do they include any food/drink items if you'll be out for a while, or bring your own?

Every finger and toe crossed that our cruise (and our four days prior at WDW) will happen. If it doesn't, you will hear the screams of three grandkids all the way from Oregon without a phone...and four adults will be scrambling to come up with an alternative. Some very anxious folks out here!!

Every finger and toe crossed that our cruise (and our four days prior at WDW) will happen. If it doesn't, you will hear the screams of three grandkids all the way from Oregon without a phone...and four adults will be scrambling to come up with an alternative. Some very anxious folks out here!!
I totally agree on the hopeful end, but it’s looking less and less likely. They haven’t even opened the Shanghai park yet. Not sure how Disney would justify starting up the cruise ships when the parks are still closed. 😩

So far so good...except...I read the other day that when the Shanghai Disney park finally opened a week or so ago, they had a few restrictions and one of them was that nobody over 65 years old could enter. We are planning to spend four days in advance of the cruise in WDW and one day at Universal (huge Harry Potter fans). If this requirement is enforced, then that part of our vacation is shot...our daughter and her crew can still go. Now, if they also put this restriction on the cruise, too, then we are shot again and my wife and I are out the whole trip. Our grandkids don't want to hear about any contingencies in case any part or all of this vacation is canceled. Don't tell her, but my wife and I have looked at a DCL cruise next Sept. to the British Isles, just in case. We still want to see the mouse(s) in June.

Well, I'm sure everyone's gotten the email by now; this cruise has been cancelled. I've seen a good number of people from this cruise (on an FB page) have already booked for the "same" cruise next year- a nine night southern Caribbean that departs July 22nd, 2021.

We went ahead and booked this also for next year (with our extra credit), so if anyone's going on that one; we'll see you there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!