JUNE W.I.S.H. Challenge - Looking Ahead

For self care today, I'll continue working on the little projects/chores around the house, as I did yesterday. It's nice to get things done.

I will go for a Sunday drive when the sun breaks thru the overcast that's currently out there. The neighborhood nursery has stopped requiring appointments, you can just stand in line to go in if they are at capacity so that's a possibility. I don't need any outdoor plants, but I have a house plant that needs a decorative pot. Then the biggy is another hair appointment in the afternoon, with my regular gal this time. Originally I was just going to have her re-do the back, but I've decide to cut more off. I realized that I should do something that works well with the headphones I wear all day, so back above the ears on the sides and a nice strong bang.

I slept in and then watched a little Netflix while husband went golfing. Then we worked on packing up the kitchen in preparation for the renovation. It was a bit of a domino reaction when trying to move stuff around. We basically moved our dining room into our “formal living room” (which isn’t fully furnished). And we loved the necessities of the kitchen in there too (mini pantry on a bookshelf, pots and pans in an old computer armoire, etc). I’d say we are about 90% moved out of the kitchen. And we also emptied the shelves in the laundry room and took them down so we can move some of the current kitchen cabinets in there. But of course the kids emptied them onto our family room floor. So I really am anxious to get this cabinets up so I can get that stuff put away! I usually feel good after a work day, but today seemed to create more messes. I did take a break at one point to go on a bike ride just to get away from it for a while!

Hello all,

Self-Care Sunday - I bought an activewear lightweight jacket and a cute little waterproof jacket - so that I am ready for the rainy and cooler days to push through and get my walks in this winter. I got a little headache when I was at the shops - I don;t think I had eaten enough and what I had for breakfast was more carby that I have been having lately. So lesson learned - make sure I am getting healthy protein, fat, carb ratios to keep feeling good. I then chilled on the couch watching TV and took it easy yesterday.

Its already Monday afternoon here so my Monday Motivation is:

I love that you did two separate parties for the twins!
We usually do 3 parties...one for both of them with the family and usually some close neighbors (but I usually get two cakes so they each have their own, but this year my daughter told me to just get one and they “blew” out the candles by waving their cards at them), one for my daughter with her friends and one for my son with his friends. So we still have my son’s friends party. He and 3 friends are hoping to go golfing Thursday. They just have to make sure they’re all off work. Weather looks good so far, but you just never know ;)

My toes are really rough looking right now...:scared:
DD and I didn’t get a chance to address our toes today with DH around. Hopefully tomorrow.

Hehe! me to!!! Some days I bring in half the garden under my toenails, and when I asked DD13 to clean the parts that didn't come clean in the shower, she got aggressive with the clippers. Some places are starting to open back up here, and my place always wore gloves and masks anyway, so I am desperate to go in and get them done... BUT... my legs look like I lost a fight with an angry cat with a baseball bat (wild blackberry vines and other garden monsters, actually...) I don't even care about the lovely paint job... I just miss the massage and 50 minutes of sitting down not doing or thinking about anything and being in the moment.

When my parents downsized last year, I inherited on of those bubbling footbath thingies... Now and then I fill it up with half water, half cheap mouthwash from dollar tree, and it works well to soften up all the dead stuff and make it easy to scrub off, and it feels nice enough... BUT... then the other 3 are all "You're gonna do me next, right?" and DD13 "borrows" all my tools and I never see them again, so while I can physically take care of my feet, it is NOT the spa experience. ;P

Scale was up this morning... not surprising after the weekend I had and what time of the month it is. So for this Motivation Monday, leading into the new month starting Wednesday, I am setting my intention is a serious tracking/planning, Intelligent choices at the distanced-family-bbq on Saturday, and 64 ounces of actual WATER daily. (That last one is going to kill me!) I am having trouble locking in my caloric goal, because some days I just am not hungry, and it feels weird trying to add in extra food I don't want if I've met all my nutritional requirements except fat and calories... ideas?

My motivation this week... sticking with back-to-the-basics.

I feel like I turned a corner yesterday, I got back to reading on the front porch for an hour, journaled, did an evening meditation and this morning I got out for my walk, even tho I woke up feeling pretty certain I wasn't going to do it... all things that had fallen to the wayside. I'm feeling better this morning than I have for a couple days and my mental/emotional state is much better.

And I'm very happy with my haircut, it is also helping me to feel like me again. I was pretty sure she cut off at least a pound of hair, but sadly it did not reflect on the scale this morning.

After talking to my acupuncturist Friday I've started taking my thyroid herbs in the morning and taking an extra pill at night to see if that will help with the coldness and it appears that it is. It's got me to thinking that something has changed with my thyroid and the slow weight loss might also be connected to needing more support. We'll see if I start to drop some weight.

I had two small victories yesterday: when I was driving home in the afternoon I really wanted some ice cream, like really badly wanted. I would only trust myself with a little bit, so running thru the options I thought I could swing thru McDonalds and get a chocolate shake, and might as well get a burger for dinner as well. Then I remembered I couldn't have catsup on the burger and in sadness managed to drive past without turning in. In the evening while I was on the porch reading an actual ice cream truck drove down the street at the end of the block. I did not chase after it. Well done me.

So stepping into WISH at the end of June! Looking forward to fully participating in July.

Motivation Monday - Daily Tracking with MFP. I'm setting a goal to track, truthfully, everyday. And 64 oz of water. I do have a macro coach and goals, so I am trying to hit those every day. If I do this regularly, then I see progress. @Zhoen You and I can seriously track and plan together!
Motivation is moving down one size in July!

So stepping into WISH at the end of June! Looking forward to fully participating in July.

Motivation Monday - Daily Tracking with MFP. I'm setting a goal to track, truthfully, everyday. And 64 oz of water. I do have a macro coach and goals, so I am trying to hit those every day. If I do this regularly, then I see progress. @Zhoen You and I can seriously track and plan together!
Motivation is moving down one size in July!
Welcome!

Sunday myself care really wasn't one but I still loved it. We bought a new grill. This time a Weber. I wanted DH to get it yesterday so I could put it together and use to make the steaks last night. So that is what we did. It took me about 2-2.5 hours to put together with some help from DH and DS. They picked up the heavy stuff and held the umbrella's over me since I decided to do this at about 3:30, outside on a very sunny hot day. But we got it done and I really like the grill. Though it is a bit big and tall. I have to step to the side to open the lid all the way.

I am going to plan out a week of meals. I have some things in the freezer but need to pick up some more fresh produce. I thought I would get some at Walmart today when I picked up a prescription but everything looked awful-luckily my produce stand had local corn today. We have some clever Amish farmers that start theirs under cover and usually have some by July 4th. Anyway, I am better staying on track when I have the right foods in the house.

Zhoen, I wish I had some advice re eating when you’re not hungry. I never have that problem (sigh). I eat all my WW points. I do have advice for Oneanne and ice cream cravings-Breyers has Dixie cups at around 90 calories. I have been eating one with strawberries a couple nights a week.

Welcome, soTinkalicious!

I am having trouble locking in my caloric goal, because some days I just am not hungry, and it feels weird trying to add in extra food I don't want if I've met all my nutritional requirements except fat and calories... ideas?

I can't remember if you are following a specific eating style? Are your healthy fats just part of the meal e.g. what it is cooked in - olive oil, coconut oil or including avocado with a meal? And yes we don't want to add calories just for the sake of it - and mostly we are told to listen to our bodies to not to overeat and ignore that full signal. Including those good fats will make you feel satisfied longer and decrease your appetite. I'm not sure I have a clear suggestion except t to think of the fat intake that you may have in each meal that way it is included and not seen as an extra thing to have to eat. Are you saying that you are hitting significantly below recommended calorie intake for healthy weight loss, so that it stalls? Or just that you are struggling with calories in general? For example I know that with my eating style my food calorie count can look high due to fat intake - but overall it helps to stem hunger and indulge in bad snacking (well most days! - the last 2 days I have felt snacky for some reason - partly not sticking to that good ratio with my meals and I also think partly hormonal!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!