• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jungle Jim's and Uno review

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
We ate there last Monday and the food was ok. I liked my ribs, but hubby didn't like his Monte Cristo. We also had cheese bricks (really big cheese sticks, but square $8). The one thing that I was really disappointed in was the cleanliness of this place. Everything we touched from the moment we walked through the door was slimy and looked unkept. Oh yeah, don't get the cesar salad unless you like mayonaise for dressing.

On Thursday we went to Pizzaria Uno. I really liked it. We don't have them here so this was a new chain for us. The pizza was very good as well as the Chicago Super Sampler plater we had for an appetizer. Hubby liked his personal pizza also. My s-i-l got the grilled shrimp cesar salad, but there was something "off" about the shrimp so she sent it back and just got a regular salad.

When we were at jungle jim's I thought the whole place seemed sticky and smelled strange; the majority of posters give it high marks, maybe we were there on a bad day?

I totally agree with Pizzeria Uno. We used to go to the one in Greenwich Village when I lived in NYC so it was a thrill to find one in Orlando. My sister makes a point of going everytime we visit.

Wow! Sorry you didn't like Jungle Jim's :(. I'll have to give it a more critical once-over next time we're there. We never get anything but the burgers and silly drinks which are always good, so I can't comment on the rest of the food.

As for Unos ... I've grabbed take-out from there to eat back in the room. It's OK for a chain Uno's. I guess most folks would really like it, but I prefer eating at the one on Ohio Street in Chicago :D. We ex-Chicagoians can be so picky about pizza!

It was the opposite during our trip in December...Jungle Jims was great, but Uno's was nasty. I've eaten at Uno's before and really enjoyed it but we must have hit this one at a bad time. Our food took forever to get to us, our fries were cold and greasy, and they forgot to put the toppings (bacon, lettuce, tomato, etc) with my chicken sandwich. Of course I asked the server for them, and he did bring them....15 minutes later. By that time, my sandwich was down the hatch already. Our food at Jungle Jims was great. We had pretty fast service, and everything was hot and fresh when it was brought to our table. The chicken nacho platter we ordered was also super. I didn't notice anything dirty, although the lighting was pretty dim.

We have certain restaurants that we frequent all the time both at home and in vacation spots. I would say that for every 4 to 5 good trips/meals, we have one where something isn't just right. That is just part of the dining out experience. A good place will jump all over the "problem" and take care of it. To me that is why folks can have such different experiences at the exact same restaurant or chain.

We have eaten at the Uno's in CR 4 or 5 times and it was fine. We have a surburban Uno's right around the corner from us and eat there about once every 2 months. We have had a few less than great trips but they make it "right".

We have eaten at Jungle Jims's at CR once and had burger/chicken sandwiches and it was fine. I didn't notice a smell or things being all that gross. It was around 11:30 in the afternoon during the offseason and the place was not busy at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter