Just a test

cruising spud

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Disney in April, and I am going to be as brave as Wonder Woman and do a trip report.

So, I am testing my "posting a picture" skills.

snail-front.jpg

What, no squirrel pic?

Have a awesome trip.
Will be following along. popcorn::

Somebody say squirrel!?

Oh, just a test huh? Well, keep it up. We'll be watching.

We like pictures. LOTS of pictures!

That's a pretty funny pic of Mickey, but thanks for planning on an April TR.

j

During our previous Disney trips, I never even dreamed of posting a trip report because we always had our three daughters with us. And, I am a rope drop sort of gal, meaning we were all exhausted by the end of the day. So, typing up a daily trip report wasn't in the cards. However, this Disney trip is different. Just my husband and myself, and we have decided to slow ourselves down and enjoy our Disney surroundings. And, I will dutifully attempt to get a picture of a squirrel or two.

cruising spud, the last time I did a trip report, I just did a report of the entire trip afterward.

Sounds good, spud.

Posting pictures in a TR is great. Depends on how you do it, too - upload or 3rd party host. If you plan to upload the pix to put in your TR using the "Upload a File" button, bear in mind the file size is limited to something barely over 1MB per photo. So if you plan to use this method, make sure your camera/phone settings are configured appropriately. There are workarounds to the upload/file size issue but they involve extra steps or apps. But others use them too (ideas, folks?).

I use a 3rd party host method via Photobucket. Basically as I take pix I upload them to my PB account (I set up a folder for each trip). Then as I make my TR update I easily copy the link to the picture I want to include and simply paste it in my write-up. No limit on picture/file size. I use PB primarily because since they are somewhat organized in folders and in-order-of-upload, I can go back and find pix from prior trips easily. There is a fee to use PB which I find is (once again) reasonable. Of course there is a PB app (I use the Android version) which helps make uploading a breeze.

Actually I like doing the updates while at the Fort and getting comments back because it feels like I'm camping there with ya'll (like we do in our Gulf DIS Meets each May which is fun) sorta kinda.

Don't feel like the TR owns you but if you can swing some updates (and people DO love pictures) our way in real time we would appreciate it. We can live vicariously through you.

Bama Ed

I am attempting to upload pictures with Google Pictures. The FORCE is not with me.

Last edited:
typing up a daily trip report wasn't in the cards.
Just a thought. On this last trip, I posted a lot from my phone. Wifi was faster, and if you're OK with using a little bit of your data, I was posting on the boat to MK or on Monorail.
Do what works best for you and enjoy your stay. We'll be watchin'. :thumbsup2

PS. @Teamubr turned me on to the app Photo and Picture Resizer. Very easy to use and helps to downsize pictures for uploading :cool1:

While this picture is not of a squirrel, a bear is higher up the food chain than a snail. So, progress is being made.

No luck with Google pictures, so I moved on to the disboards directions on posting, and added Bama Ed's input on resizing photos. Doable, but a bit tedious.

So, next will move on to Dropbox. My daughter uses this at work and offered to help me try it out. But, waiting until tomorrow. Because the grandkids just left today after spending three weeks with us. They are six and eight. I am tired. Fulfilled, but tired.

SDC13202.JPG

Attachments

• SDC13202.JPG
    SDC13202.JPG
    490.5 KB · Views: 1
The one rule we have for trip reporters is this:

Vacation first

Post second

Stick to that and you'll be good.

No luck with Google pictures, so I moved on to the disboards directions on posting, and added Bama Ed's input on resizing photos. Doable, but a bit tedious.

Yep there are ways around it, but you can't avoid it.

popcorn::

Bama Ed

Albeit a stuffed bear, that's a darn pretty picture. And not just cuz the snow is wwwaaayyy in the background

2goofycampers,

Would you help me out-does this mean I should go to the CCB and post while I continue learning how to post pictures?

2goofycampers,

Would you help me out-does this mean I should go to the CCB and post while I continue learning how to post pictures?
Anything not directly connected to WDW, the Fort or camping is for the CCB. Keep trying here so you're a pro for your TR.

Every time I try to post from google pictures or dropbox, I get the image shown above.
Anyone have an idea what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!